• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Caja 117

So, for the SB, the NFL always use a "..modified set of procedures to prepare game balls.." that includes "..independent equipment managers and ball attendants..."

JABEE

I don't understand how anything in that post is crazy. My goofy ramblings about the evil of the Patriots, I can understand, but I feel like that's a fair breakdown of what happened.

Why is Pats-GAF ignoring me for speaking the truth? This is a huge story.

MechDX

I don't understand how anything in that post is crazy. My goofy ramblings about the evil of the Patriots, I can understand, but I feel like that's a fair breakdown of what happened.

Why is Pats-GAF ignoring me for speaking the truth? This is a huge story.

Deflect the truth. #PatriotWay

JABEE

How am I wrong about the Pats? Pats-GAF is posting that they are ignoring me. Why? For analyzing the events and holding the Pats accountable with my posts?

Fox318

I did a full parody with Bellichik using that rant in the OT thread and no one noticed. :(
SkoxHEa.gif

"You deflated the BALL"

"BALL"

JABEE

I did a full parody with Bellichik using that rant in the OT thread and no one noticed. :(

Personally Bill should have went all Nicholson in "A few Good Men" during the presser:

Press: Bill? Did you order the balls deflated?

Pats Fans: You *don't* have to answer that question!

Bill: I'll answer the question!

Bill: You want answers?

Press: I think we're entitled to.

Bill: *You want answers?*

Press: *I want the truth!*

Bill: *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Bill: Son, we live in a world that has Super Bowls to win, and those Bowls have to be won by men with gumption. Who's gonna do it? Andre Luck? Peyton Manning? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Colts, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That deflated balls, while tragic, probably wins us a spot in the Bowl. And my coaching tenure, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves my credibility. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to win that bowl, you need me on that Bowl. We use words like honor, Patriot Way, win by any means. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent trying to win. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the storylines that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a ball, and stand as a believer. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Press: Did you order the balls deflated?

Bill: I did the job I...

Kaffee: *Did you order the balls deflated?*

Bill: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

EPIC!

Tom Penny

Weird how so many Pat fans are becoming second rate defense attorneys trying to deflect attention from the fact that team was caught cheating again.

That doesn't usually work well brahs. At least not the way you guys are doing it.

Better off using bad science concerning the weather or the ball boy gone bad theories.

If you want to make a big deal about under inflated footballs while turning a blind eye to the Steelers steroid abusing SB titles, your coaches admitting stealing signals and trying to trip players on the side line..feel free.

Crisco

Banned
Man, Bill is pissed off about this. I think he realizes the damage this will do his legacy. Dude was on track to be our generation's Lombardi or Walsh.

Colasante

I will not give up my crusade vs. evil in Bawston until the truth is out!

With the necessary caveat that we're on a video game forum, so there's no point in throwing stones in glass houses, etc., surely you must have something better to do with your life than obsess over this. Like... you like football, right? Why not focus on the Super Bowl that's coming up? It's going to be pretty fun. I just don't understand what joy is derived from obsessing over the PSI in footballs.

Crisco

Banned
“I can tell you that in my entire coaching career, I have never talked to any player, staff member, about football air pressure. That is not a subject that I have ever brought up.”

Oh Bill, who says you don't have a sense of humor?

MechDX

With the necessary caveat that we're on a video game forum, so there's no point in throwing stones in glass houses, etc., surely you must have something better to do with your life than obsess over this. Like... you like football, right? Why not focus on the Super Bowl that's coming up? It's going to be pretty fun. I just don't understand what joy is derived from obsessing over the PSI in footballs.

Patriots are playing* in this upcoming Super Bowl? I am discussing this game.

Colasante

Patriots are playing* in this upcoming Super Bowl? I am discussing this game.

I mean, do you really think you are? Take a look at your last, say, 10-15 posts in this thread and see which are actual discussions about football and which aren't. You can obviously post whatever you want, but if you think you're bringing something of substance to the discussion, you're simply not.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Some friendly advice.

Lighten up.

Crisco

Banned
That's funny, some media outlets misquoted Gettleman as saying "he's a franchise quarterback" instead of "he's our franchise quarterback" because of his accent.

Top Bottom