• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

XRW4f6F.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the fact that OSU won with their 3rd stringer makes me wonder if college football is going to turn into college basketball, where basically the best coaches win and the players don't matter.

Best coaches game the system, get the most and best recruits, trick kids into getting track scholarships/dirty money to pay for various "walk ons" and then the system just feeds itself. If a bunch of kids get drafted from there then the system only heats up more.

Yikes @ that arm strength.

I was wrong that he was comparable to Winston. Hadn't seen enough of Oregon to judge. He's a waaaay worse prospect. And Winston's most likely going to wash out in three years.

Mariota tried to pad his stats and it backfired

And yeah, if we're just considering on the field, Jameis Winston is so far ahead of Marcus Mariota its not funny. Off the field though...

eznark

Banned
Fuck you Oregon
Fuck you Mariotta
Fuck you Phil Knight

Fucking 1 job you overhyped NCAA violations factory. ONE FUCKING JOB.

Mariota tried to pad his stats and it backfired

And yeah, if we're just considering on the field, Jameis Winston is so far ahead of Marcus Mariota its not funny. Off the field though...

I think they both flop.

Well the state of Ohio won something so does this mean Cleveland will continue to suck? Buckeyes took all the luck for the state.

why are all these players having kids? What the fuck you want to have a kid for when you are a 19 year old star college athlete?

They are not trying to have kids... shit happens.

A lot of my friends had kids around 18 and 19. Now all those little rug rats like 7 and 8. It helped most of them mature though so that's good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lol one bad game and Mariota sucks now

Kind of how it works in college though. So many of these teams are suspect so to play poorly in a game like this says a lot.

That said, he didn't have that bad of a game statistically (his receivers didn't help) but he'll get a share of the blame.

Heisman winners also don't typically pan out in the NFL. It's practically the Madden cover curse.

cdyhybrid

Seahawks draft Mariota?

We have BJ Daniels, don't need Mariota!

Fuck you Oregon
Fuck you Mariotta
Fuck you Phil Knight

Fucking 1 job you overhyped NCAA violations factory. ONE FUCKING JOB.

This is what you get for rooting for Nike U.

why are all these players having kids? What the fuck you want to have a kid for when you are a 19 year old star college athlete?

I can't even imagine how many college chicks throw themselves at these guys. I'm not surprised some of them make poor decisions.

cdyhybrid

Against a Big 10 team by over 20 points

The NFL equivalent would be the Raiders having the same lead over the Patriots. Even if they don't suck as a result of it, the embarrassment is eternal

:lol please

The difference between the B1G and other conferences is much smaller than the difference between the Raiders and the Pats.

Ohio State is probably gonna have more guys drafted than Oregon by a comfortable margin.

Syrinx

Who would you guys compare Leonard Williams to? Don't know all that much about him but it's looking like Leonard Williams future in TB.

Top Bottom