• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

So they took my Solara away today.

It was sitting in my driveway smashed up while the insurance company was deciding what to do with it. The accident was in August. I finally said fuck it and sold it to a junker.

I was pretty conflicted when the guy hauled it away. My wife sobbed - I had to console her.

Had a lot of good times with that car. Went on my first date with my wife in that car. Carried my daughter home from the hospital in that car. Picked up the keys to my first home in that car.

Never understood the attachment guys had to vehicles until I watched it get hauled away. *Sigh* life goes on.

Bevell is going to the coach the perfect game in spite of CDY.

Get ready for a flea flicker, double reverse, triple reverse, and Jermaine Kearse pass to Russell.

You know the flea flicker is coming....

So they took my Solara away today.

It was sitting in my driveway smashed up while the insurance company was deciding what to do with it. The accident was in August. I finally said fuck it and sold it to a junker.

I was pretty conflicted when the guy hauled it away. My wife sobbed - I had to console her.

Had a lot of good times with that car. Went on my first date with my wife in that car. Carried my daughter home from the hospital in that car. Picked up the keys to my first home in that car.

Never understood the attachment guys had to vehicles until I watched it get hauled away. *Sigh* life goes on.

I still have my first car too. It's just parked there though.. cause I can't let it go.

Seattle Seahawks starting nickel cornerback Jeremy Lane paused for a moment Thursday when asked what makes New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski so good, because Lane disagrees.

Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane said he doesn't think Patriots three-time All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski is that good.

"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."

may have already been posted but hmmm...

cdyhybrid

Bevell is going to the coach the perfect game in spite of CDY.

Get ready for a flea flicker, double reverse, triple reverse, and Jermaine Kearse pass to Russell.

You know the flea flicker is coming....

I still have my first car too. It's just parked there though.. cause I can't let it go.

That's the problem.

All he has to do is hand the ball off.

If Russell hands the ball off to the RB on every single play we win the NFCCG by 14 in regulation.

may have already been posted but hmmm...

Yeah, got posted already.

Meh. The defense isn't scared of anyone, and they shouldn't be.

Gronk is good but it'll take more than just Gronk to beat us.

I also laugh at the notion of bulletin board material in the Super Bowl. It's the fucking Super Bowl, you need outside sources to give you motivation?

Where is the fun in that! Are we going with the read option for this game? We are going with the read option right? Or are we going to do the I-formation 2 WR, and Russ throws a prayer to Kearse?

That's the problem.

All he has to do is hand the ball off.

If Russell hands the ball off to the RB on every single play we win the NFCCG by 14 in regulation.

Yeah, got posted already.

Meh. The defense isn't scared of anyone, and they shouldn't be.

Gronk is good but it'll take more than just Gronk to beat us.

I also laugh at the notion of bulletin board material in the Super Bowl. It's the fucking Super Bowl, you need outside sources to give you motivation?

i just think its funny Lane is talking trash like he were dick sherman. i'm assuming if you lined up lane against gronk 1 on 1 he would get absolutely abusued all game.

and i dont think you need any bulletin board material but why even bother with talking trash? especially when you are a backup who gets a lot of help

I know. I have never even used the ignore function! I guess there is no way to make reasonable arguments in OT! I feel like my points were fair too. I didn't even go into my fake preacher routine. :(

The only time I ever used ignore was back when I used to actually read most of the gaming side. Damn, that was like 10 years ago, back when I used to care about games and didn't want to see the asshole fanboys that would spam every thread.

Tom Penny

i just think its funny Lane is talking trash like he were dick sherman. i'm assuming if you lined up lane against gronk 1 on 1 he would get absolutely abusued all game.

and i dont think you need any bulletin board material but why even bother with talking trash? especially when you are a backup who gets a lot of help

All he is doing is talking shit about a guy he won't be assigned to cover.He's got nothing to lose.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
B8AFuhjCQAA28Z9.jpg

That's literally what all Texas girls look like to me.

Fantomex

I can't wait for the Super Bowl to be over so the Dolphins can begin their Super Bowl, most of you cal it the off season. It's gonna be great.

Talon

Patriots have been inconceivably lucky with fumbles since 2007.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

As you can see, the Patriots won their Super Bowls having a below average rate of fumbles lost given today’s average of 105 plays/game. But in 2007, something happened to propel them to a much better rate (you’ll remember, that just so happened to be the same year they went 16-0 in the regular season). But even looking at these numbers, its clear how insane the 187 number is: they are almost running 100 MORE plays without a single fumble as compared to the 2002-2006 period when they won 2 of their 3 Super Bowls.

bionic77

Jabee, you're doing the Lords work. Frankly, I'm surprised how sensitive some people are getting. If I blocked everyone who talked shit incessantly about the Ravens, it be a lonely place.

To thine own self, be true.
They are not sensitive.

It's a guilty conscience and they get pissed when people keep bringing up their crimes.

I always hated the Cheat but part of me liked
how he casually threw Tammy under the bus. But you can't expect loyalty and honor from these kinds of people!

cdyhybrid

zfzBavv.png

They are not sensitive.

It's a guilty conscience and they get pissed when people keep bringing up their crimes.

I always hated the Cheat but part of me liked
how he casually threw Tammy under the bus. But you can't expect loyalty and honor from these kinds of people!

It's going to be amazing when Belicheat sells Tammy down the river and trades him to Cleveland/trades him to the Jets/shanks him in an alley and the fans will have to decide who to side with.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Even though I'm still very concerned about this, that's easily explained away by the lack of consistency in the running game and basically running very simple short plays. Also Bill basically disowns you if you fumble. This is stupid also, because Ridley was an absolute fumble machine as was maroney. Bill runs with GARBAGE rather than somebody who will drop the ball. Most other teams during that stretch have stuck with their guy.

leroidys

IIiiiiiiiinteresting.

Even though I'm still very concerned about this, that's easily explained away by the lack of consistency in the running game and basically running very simple short plays. Also Bill basically disowns you if you fumble. This is stupid also, because Ridley was an absolute fumble machine as was maroney. Bill runs with GARBAGE rather than somebody who will drop the ball. Most other teams during that stretch have stuck with their guy.

"They have a fumble rate several standard deviations from the mean because they don't drop the ball a lot" isn't really very convincing.

cdyhybrid

That's the amazing thing.

Ridley couldn't stop fumbling to save his life and the Pats still were so far ahead of everyone.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's the amazing thing.

Ridley couldn't stop fumbling to save his life and the Pats still were so far ahead of everyone.

It's really not amazing... Ridley had an average amount of fumbles(in a below average amount of time), and was absolutely neutered by the team. Again I agree this whole situation is bizarre, but this stat proves literally nothing.

Caja 117

As if anyone cares about logic at this point, i dont get why you bothered, didnt you heard? Ridley was sent to the bench because he was stupid enough to fumble unfumblable balls.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As if anyone cares about logic at this point, i dont get why you bothered, didnt you heard? Ridley was sent to the bench because he was stupid enough to fumble unfumblable balls.

Another thing to look at is individual stats... for instance Legarrette had 3 fumbles in 700 touches as opposed to his rookie season where he had 4 in a little over 1000. I guess the magic unfumblable ball is not a factor for Blount though. Again for better, for worse, Bill stresses ball secruity, doesn't matter if it's Bolden getting trotted out there to get his 2 YPC, Ridley was getting put down if he fumbled.

I'd disown a guy for fumbling too if I had been deliberately going out of my to deflate balls just so he wouldn't fumble and yet he fumbles anyway.

leroidys

It's really not amazing... Ridley had an average amount of fumbles(in a below average amount of time), and was absolutely neutered by the team. Again I agree this whole situation is bizarre, but this stat proves literally nothing.

So the coach famous for cheating has a pathological aversion to fumbles? He goes to great, sometimes irrational lengths to avoid fumbles? Interesting.

Caja 117

Another thing to look at is individual stats... for instance Legarrette had 3 fumbles in 700 touches as opposed to his rookie season where he had 4 in a little over 1000. I guess the magic unfumblable ball is not a factor for Blount though. Again for better, for worse, Bill stresses ball secruity, doesn't matter if it's Bolden getting trotted out there to get his 2 YPC, Ridley was getting put down if he fumbled.

Pats have been playing with deflated balls since 2007 aparently, litle did they knew (or did they?) that they were handicaping themselves, after the first half of the colts game it was like Picolo taking off his cape and hat.....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So the coach famous for cheating has a pathological aversion to fumbles? He goes to great, sometimes irrational lengths to avoid fumbles? Interesting.

Hey man I'm not arguing the whole situation, I'm just saying it's a stupid stat. This sort of mental gymnastics is what takes credibility from this argument. The fumble numbers make sense. Hell I guarantee you on top of that if you remove BJGE ridiculous run of fumble free football we'd be right in the middle of the pack or so.

That explains his oddball monologue today about how he goes through all this trouble to doctor practice balls and then when players bitch, he doctors them even more. However, come game day, he never touches a ball and somehow knew nothing about them or what the league does to prepare them for a game. Mr. Detail somehow didn't know those details.

Top Bottom