• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Dragon

Banned
He deserves slander as a man but not as a football player!

In here people treat them the same!

Brunell... lol

His commentary is as bad as Ray Lewis's recent comments about the tuck rule

They're both idiots. You can put Jerry Rice there too. He's still salty over the Tuck Rule too. At least he actually played in the game. It's not like the Raiders were embarrassed in the SB next year or anything!

effzee

So now we're being told jackson didn't even notice anything wrong with the ball after intercepting it?

Sports media is acting about as good as CNN during a breaking event. Just say whatever you want and get the accurate info out days later.

I'm failing to see how this is new or relevant.

I could of sworn I read much earlier in the week that this was the case. That the equipment manager to whom Jackson gave the ball reported the deflated ball. Jackson's involvement was only that he picked the ball off and took it with him to keep. When he handed it to the equipment manager to hold for him, the discovery was made.

Dragon

Banned
I'm failing to see how this is new or relevant.

I could of sworn I read much earlier in the week that this was the case. That the equipment manager to whom Jackson gave the ball reported the deflated ball. Jackson's involvement was only that he picked the ball off and took it with him to keep. When he handed it to the equipment manager to hold for him, the discovery was made.

If it's not relevant why are you defending it?

That part was kind of humorous but as far as what he said it sounded reasonable to me.

Kind of humorous? The whole thing is. I feel like the most sincere reaction so far is Brady's laugh of incredulity on Monday.

ampere

Brunell made sense to me. What's the issue?

He kept going on about how there is no way he'd not notice a difference between the footballs and Brady is lying. Except the only other guy who touched the ball (D'quell) didn't notice either... hmm maybe they have other things on their minds and the ball difference was pretty small

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That part was kind of humorous but as far as what he said it sounded reasonable to me.

Also, I'm tired of deflate-gate. I wish the NFL would just finalize their comments and/or punishment so we can move along.

The NFL is a bumbling bunch of idiots. How have they not talked to Brady on the matter? They wanted to catch the Pats cheating. They did catch the Pats cheating. But they had no plan what to do after that. Why give them time to get all of their stories straight? None of it makes any sense, unless, of course, Kraft cut a check immediately after the game.

He kept going on about how there is no way he'd not notice a difference between the footballs and Brady is lying. Except the only other guy who touched the ball (D'Quell) didn't notice either... hmm maybe they have other things on their minds and the ball difference was pretty small
Is D'Quell a meticulously detail-oriented QB who hand picked all of the balls before the game? What a stupid comparison.

Also, :jnc at the idea that Brady doesn't squeeze the balls as he's going through his selection process. It's obvious he's trying to distance himself from anything related to the pressure of the ball (which conflicts with plenty of his comments from the past) even though he has no problem mentioning the extensive attention he pays to thinks like the leather, the laces, the tack, etc.

But I'm sure D'Quell Jackson knows all about differing batches of footballs and their varying properties. :j. n. c.

bionic77

Whether some people cannot notice that a ball is deflated (which is pretty weird and most people could easily tell in my experience playing sports, especially a qb holding the ball) is irrelvant.

As is whether or not it impacted the game (it did not).

The questions you should ask are is this possible without interference (seems like a no but I am not a scientist). And if deflated by whom and did the coach or anyone else know about it.

Crisco

Banned
I guess I just don't see anything sinister about this. The existing system is designed for QBs to play with a ball prepared to their exact specifications. If anything, the allowed PSI range is arbitrary and unnecessarily narrow. I bet 99% of players wouldn't care if the QB chose to throw a whoopie cushion or a howitzer round.

Tom Penny

I guess I just don't see anything sinister about this. The existing system is designed for QBs to play with a ball prepared to their exact specifications. If anything, the allowed PSI range is arbitrary and unnecessarily narrow. I bet 99% of players wouldn't care if the QB chose to throw a whoopie cushion or a howitzer round.

Rodgers uses and overinflated ball. Thus less picks. Teams can't catch the ball.

Spinluck

I thought Mr. Rodgers used them on the max setting allowed... ?

Also if he can come out and say that why can't Tom admit it? Instead of slithering away like a snake and making one of the all time greats cry?

Dragon

Banned
I thought Mr. Rodgers used them on the max setting allowed... ?

Also if he can come out and say that why can't Tom admit it? Instead of slithering away like a snake and making one of the all time greats cry?

Brunell's about as great as the shit I just took.

bionic77

We can all agree the Pats and their fans are the worst. As always.
Yeah I have to agree with this.

For awhile I was about to say that they are probably better than ISIS, but now that they are all coming out of the woodwork to defend a team built on systemic cheating I have to go back to the original and correct position that they are the worst kind of people.

Spinluck

#IstandwithTom

#tombradyismyqb

Brunell's about as great as the shit I just took.

bbTJiZP.png

Spinluck

Yeah I have to agree with this.

For awhile I was about to say that they are probably better than ISIS, but now that they are all coming out of the woodwork to defend a team built on systemic cheating I have to go back to the original and correct position that they are the worst kind of people.

Let us lighten the mode with some trivia.

Who do you think banged more hot chicks between Magic Johnson and Prince?

bionic77

Let us lighten the mode with some trivia.

Who do you think banged more hot chicks between Magic Johnson and Prince?
More? Definitely Magic. Higher quality? Probably Prince.

Prince was kind of an ass and would only fuck with the best.

Magic is a giving person and if your, mine or most of our mothers wanted to get something a little more personal than an autograph from him it was always hard for Magic to say no. We should be thankful that he is such a giving person. Most of us wouldn't exist if he wasn't such a great person.

effzee

If it's not relevant why are you defending it?

Kind of humorous? The whole thing is. I feel like the most sincere reaction so far is Brady's laugh of incredulity on Monday.

Wow talk about splitting hairs. It's not relevant to the overall question of who what when deflated the balls. Just because Jackson says he didn't notice doesn't make it any less of a story.

Kind of humorous? Yes let's just laugh of a team breaking rules because you are a fan of the team.

The question was never how much it affected the game or whether the Colts would have won otherwise. It's the fact they were cheating because, just like before, they think they can get away with it.

Maybe if the owner of the Pats was losing his grip like the Saints owner, Roger wouldn't be a scared little shit to take action.

If there was no rule it wouldn't be sinister. Sinister is a strong word I guess. But they did go around the rules to gain some, any, advantage they could.

You could argue they should change the rule but as long as it's in place, they broke it.

The fact that the NFL has yet to talk to Brady 4-5 days later is a complete joke.

Spinluck

More? Definitely Magic. Higher quality? Probably Prince.

Prince was kind of an ass and would only fuck with the best.

Magic is a giving person and if your, mine or most of our mothers wanted to get something a little more personal than an autograph from him it was always hard for Magic to say no. We should be thankful that he is such a giving person. Most of us wouldn't exist if he wasn't such a great person.

image.php

Spinluck

Wow talk about splitting hairs. It's not relevant to the overall question of who what when deflated the balls. Just because Jackson says he didn't notice doesn't make it any less of a story.

Kind of humorous? Yes let's just laugh of a team breaking rules because you are a fan of the team.

The question was never how much it affected the game or whether the Colts would have won otherwise. It's the fact they were cheating because, just like before, they think they can get away with it.

Maybe if the owner of the Pats was losing his grip like the Saints owner, Roger wouldn't be a scared little shit to take action.

If there was no rule it wouldn't be sinister. Sinister is a strong word I guess. But they did go around the rules to gain some, any, advantage they could.

You could argue they should change the rule but as long as it's in place, they broke it.

The fact that the NFL has yet to talk to Brady 4-5 days later is a complete joke.

Yup, Brady looked like he just killed a little boys dog before he went to that presser.

Starting to look like they walk away with this one.

Top Bottom