• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

JABEE

So the coach famous for cheating has a pathological aversion to fumbles? He goes to great, sometimes irrational lengths to avoid fumbles? Interesting.

This guy. I like this George Bailey.

er1EP4k.jpg

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Those guys don't play anymore. They aren't in the heat of battle, where your mind is only focused on your opponent and the next play. They have the time to tell the difference. Warriors like Tom simply can't afford to stop and squeeze the balls.

Im sure you're aware how coincidences work and how obviously if a team goes 16-0, they must be doing something well.

I'm all for detective work, but this is correlation without causation. You're connecting dots in your head with confirmation bias doing the work.

What I'm saying is you could go back to any team, say that they were doing something illegal during that season, and probably find stats to support your claim.

leroidys

...sigh, back to being depressed. I'm pretty sure nothing could happen within the next week or so that will cause me to enjoy this Super Bowl much. Pats wins, it's tainted, Pats lose, they're losers and things are still tainted.

Whatever happens, you can find comfort in the fact that you are #TRUEPATRIOTS.

vqB179j.jpg

crying_brady_eagle.gif

ampere

...sigh, back to being depressed. I'm pretty sure nothing could happen within the next week or so that will cause me to enjoy this Super Bowl much. Pats wins, it's tainted, Pats lose, they're losers and things are still tainted.

It really doesn't matter. Pats are a great team and people will shit talk and bring up cheating no matter what happens

Even if this issue never came up. Gotta just enjoy the game. This whole deflate thing is insane

leroidys

Im sure you're aware how coincidences work and how obviously if a team goes 16-0, they must be doing something well.

I'm all for detective work, but this is correlation without causation. You're connecting dots in your head with confirmation bias doing the work.

What I'm saying is you could go back to any team, say that they were doing something illegal during that season, and probably find stats to support your claim.

Are you literally Carl from Auquateen IRL?

If this is how you really feel then you're taking the whole deflategate thing waaay too seriously. When the pats win the Super Bowl all we'll remember years from now is that this was one of the greatest football teams in the history of football, that Brady is one of, if not thae greatest QB in the history of the NFL, and of course that Belichick is the greatest coach In the history of the league. Haters are always gonna hate, and people will be talking about astriks, but just remember this: none of those people matter.

I, on the other hand, will continue to enjoy this overblown sscandle and all the jokes that come out of it.

Are you literally Carl from Auquateen IRL?

You think a Giant's fan could think so clearly about this? Pssh.

Idk, people need to be looking at this from the perspective of the NFL/Goodell/The people who make these "rules", not one team that a bunch of butthurt teams knew would be an easy target to throw cheater around.

I'm floored that this is an issue in the first place, but more that this is somehow been shifted the the Patriots and not the NFL itself.

If this is how you really feel then you're taking the whole deflategate thing waaay too seriously. When the pats win the Super Bowl all we'll remember years from now is that this was one of the greatest football teams in the history of football, that Brady is one of, if not thae greatest QB in the history of the NFL, and of course that Belichick is the greatest coach In the history of the league. Haters are always gonna hate, and people will be talking about astriks, but just remember this: none of those people matter.

I, on the other hand, will continue to enjoy this overblown sscandle and all the jokes that come out of it.

You really think this Pats team is one of the greatest in history? I'm not arguing that it's not it just something I haven't heard anyone say at all. I don't think this Seahawks team could fuck with last year's team.

Quotient

You really think this Pats team is one of the greatest in history? I'm not arguing that it's not it just something I haven't heard anyone say at all. I don't think this Seahawks team could fuck with last year's team.

This is the best team they have had in many years - especially with a healthy Gronk and a good defense.

This superbowl is going to be alot of fun to watch.

I'm talking about the team over the past 10-15 years as a whole. I don't think this years team is as good as the 2003 and 2004 teams, let alone other teams around the NFL over the entire history of the league.

This is the best team they have had in many years - especially with a healthy Gronk and a good defense.

This superbowl is going to be alot of fun to watch.

Yea but one of the best teams ever?

Brady isn't as good as his 18-1 year.
Revis isn't as good as his Jets day.
Wilfork isn't as good as his best days.
Mayo isn't even playing.
Hightower/Collins are playing well but they probably will hit their prime in 2-3 years.
DE are solid but isn't exactly you know top class.
RB are solid but once again not exactly top of anyone's list.
OL you guys said has bee shaky.

I'm talking about the team over the past 10-15 years as a whole. I don't think this years team is as good as the 2003 and 2004 teams.

Well okay that makes more sense.

FTF

Yeah I may be taking it too seriously, you're right, it's just really bothering me atm. And it's not because of haters or fans of other teams saying the Pats are cheaters, etc, if anything many people I talk to that aren't Pats fans (other than maybe Jets fans I know who want to rib me extra on propose) don't really think it's as big a deal as being made in the media. It's just really bothering me because of me. This upset and somewhat sad feeling is internal, this whole situation is bothering me as a big fan of the Pats, Bill and Brady. Not because of what others are saying.

I know I shouldn't care as much, it's just a game/football, and I'm sure it's still because this issue is so new and only a few days old, but it's just how I feel atm. Really hope in a few days/this time next week I'll and things will have moved on and be focused on the game and looking forward to it. For now though, well... :/

Yeah I may be taking it too seriously, you're right, it's just really bothering me atm. And it's not because of haters or fans of other teams saying the Pats are cheaters, etc, if anything many people I talk to that aren't Pats fans (other than maybe Jets fans I know who want to rib me extra on propose) don't really think it's as big a deal as being made in the media. It's just really bothering me because of me. This upset and somewhat sad feeling is internal, this whole situation is bothering me as a big fan of the Pats, Bill and Brady. Not because of what others are saying.

I know I shouldn't care as much, it's just a game/football, and I'm sure it's still because this issue is so new and only a few days old, but it's just how I feel atm. Really hope in a few days/this time next week I'll and things will have moved on and be focused on the game and looking forward to it. For now though, well... :/
It definitely puts a damper on the whole thing, but next week the hype will take us over.

So now we're being told jackson didn't even notice anything wrong with the ball after intercepting it?

Sports media is acting about as good as CNN during a breaking event. Just say whatever you want and get the accurate info out days later.

FTF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ckson-i-didnt-know-football-had-less-pressure

Until Jackson gets it back, though, he at least wants to make something very clear: He did not intend to prompt the investigation. Jackson says he actually did not even know the ball was taken or that the controversy existed until he was being driven home from the team's charter plane after the Colts had arrived in Indianapolis.

"I wouldn't know how that could even be an advantage or a disadvantage," Jackson said. "I definitely wouldn't be able to tell if one ball had less pressure than another."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ckson-i-didnt-know-football-had-less-pressure

Until Jackson gets it back, though, he at least wants to make something very clear: He did not intend to prompt the investigation. Jackson says he actually did not even know the ball was taken or that the controversy existed until he was being driven home from the team's charter plane after the Colts had arrived in Indianapolis.

"I wouldn't know how that could even be an advantage or a disadvantage," Jackson said. "I definitely wouldn't be able to tell if one ball had less pressure than another."

:LOL

The coverage of this has been

ZUsMKN5.gif

RT @SharksOfVegas: BREAKING - Our source has CONFIRMED there will be NO penalties imposed on the Patriots by the NFL in the wake of deflategate.

Omg

So we have some sketchy Vegas betting company saying they will not be punished, but Jabee his boy Mike Ochocinco from Fox Philly said the opposite!

What to believe!?

Tom Penny

Vegas knows everything.

Pats punishment will happen after the SB.

No matter what happens though or what the evidence proves, they still made Mark Brunell cry. You don't get away with that. Not in America.

Mark gets a free pass. He sent Marino into retirement with 55 point thrashing.

Top Bottom