• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Colasante

We have a BEAST. Are the Pats run D any good?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Very inconsistent, but that's definitely the easiest way to beat them. I imagine they'll be in a 5-2-4 alignment, with the 1,000 pounds of Alan Branch, Sealver Siliga, Vince Wilfork clogging up the middle and Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich on the ends to set contain and be ready to wrap up Russell on zone read plays.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Very inconsistent, but that's definitely the easiest way to beat them. I imagine they'll be in a 5-2-4 alignment, with the 1,000 pounds of Alan Branch, Sealver Siliga, Vince Wilfork clogging up the middle and Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich on the ends to set contain and be ready to wrap up Russell on zone read plays.

I know Ninkovich is pretty underrated. Don't know the other 3 beside Wilfork. Peppers ran all over our line.

MRSA

Banned
brandon-bolden-khalil-mack-nfl-oakland-raiders-new-england-patriots.jpg

Mack destroyed all the Pats lined up in front of him inflated or deflated, including that STD drenched Gronk.

rando14

Hmmmm arent 2 of those guys ex Hawks

And so is Browner!! Unbelievable

Duxxy3

brandon-bolden-khalil-mack-nfl-oakland-raiders-new-england-patriots.jpg

Mack destroyed all the Pats lined up in front of him inflated or deflated, including that STD drenched Gronk.

Mack was fucking beast in that game. Could build a defense just around him. Might be the best linebacker since Ray.

Run to the outside (Chandler spot) can be productive enough

Make sure you have someone on collins because he can blow up a run play by himself.

Game plan can't be any easier for both teams. Stop the run and have both QB's throw into secondaries that are the strength of both teams and see who turns it over more.

Mr. Penny is a smart guy.

Tom Penny

Game plan can't be any easier for both teams. Stop the run and have both QB's throw into secondaries that are the strength of both teams and see who turns it over more.

Colasante

Oh yea Alan Branch... but I don't know the other guy,

Siliga was a former Seahawk, Bronco, and 49er, which made for an interesting story when all four teams were in the conference championships last year. He's kind of like a mini Wilfork, just a big run plugger. I think the Seahawks will likely avoid that beef and try to test Chandler Jones, the best pass rusher but weakest run defender on the line.

bionic77

05 Accord. Go in for an oil change and now need brakes, serpantine belt, front exhaust...got me wondering about those shady fucks. It was crickets the last time I went in for an oil change. I have to go in to get an airbag replacement regardless since they recalled mine that could shoot shrapnel into me !!!
Thats seems expensive.

If you live in a city shop around at another dealer.

Or check out some other shops. Make sure they know what they are doing so you don't get squeaky ass brakes. I don't think they operate any differently but that noise is so fucking annoying. I figure a ton of people can work with an Accord from 2005 but who knows.

bionic77

Gata.

Brady and the Pats cheating (once again) made your boy Brunell cry like a bitch now that his (false) hero is proven to be a total fraud.

As a lifelong Jags fan how did that make you feel?

FTF

So wait the leaked info from sources that said D'qwell noticed the ball was weird and started this whole thing isn't true? Wonder what else isn't accurate either? :/

bionic77

Are the seahawks secondary good at handling the short passing game that the pats do?
Yes. If the Pats throw it too often they will get picked.

Rodgers throws less INTs than any qb in NFL history and two of his balls got snatched on the few times he dared to throw it.

You have to run and beat the shit out of Seattle to beat them.

Its the only way*!

* I can't include all of the ways the Pats cheat. These things are foreign, disgusting and strange to me.

Weird to see our moms when they were young.

Colasante

Did alright against Peyton.

Not that I don't think the Seahawks DBs can handle the short passes, because they can, but I do think the Patriots receivers are tougher and less finesse than the Broncos receivers. If the Seahawks smack the Patriots in the mouth like they did the Broncos last year, I think the Patriots will be able to man up and respond better.

Konka

Banned

Rodgers throws less INTs than any qb in NFL history and two of his balls got snatched on the few times he dared to throw it.

Its the only way*!

* I can't include all of the ways the Pats cheat. These things are foreign, disgusting and strange to me.

Weird to see our moms when they were young.

Rodgers with 1.5 legs.

Are the seahawks secondary good at handling the short passing game that the pats do?

Our secondary gets a lot of credit obviously but there are times when our D-Line is so bad at getting pressure, that QB has 8 years to throw the ball and still somehow can't find a open man. That's when I knew that our secondary was the real fucking deal. My biggest concern is can the D-Line get pressure or not...little concerns on offense hopefully they stink it up again.. Yikes.

Quotient

If i remember correctly one of the interceptions was deep in the end-zone and the other was miscommunication between Rodgers and his receiver. You are right that Seattle's secondary is very good.

I wonder if the Pats can get some movement by throwing short, low balls - something that Brady seems to excel at.

The last team that beat us was KC and we all know they can't throw for shit... Beating us on the ground is probably the best way and our best run stuffer Mebane has been on IR. I'm sure BB is going to rotate all the RB in and try to keep them fresh.

If i remember correctly one of the interceptions was deep in the end-zone and the other was miscommunication between Rodgers and his receiver. You are right that Seattle's secondary is very good.

I wonder if the Pats can get some movement by throwing short, low balls - something that Brady seems to excel at.

As a Seahawk fan I hope to god Pats try that dink and dunk crap.

Konka

Banned
He could still slang it and they have Intercepted him when healthy too.

That pass Sherman took away was thrown much better than most qbs, including Brady, can throw the ball and it was still picked.

Sure. But throwing to Gronk is different than throwing to anyone on Green Bay.

Colasante

I wonder if the Patriots will put Bryan Walters on Revis Island

That would really devastate our offense...

My guess right now is Revis on Doug Baldwin, Brandon Browner/Devin McCourty on Jermaine Kerse, Kyle Arrington on Ricardo Lockette/WR3, with Jamie Collins or Pat Chung on Luke Willson/TE1. I'm least certain about the TE, since they may put Browner on there instead of asking him to keep up with a speedy receiver, and they may use Collins as a spy on Russell Wilson. Should be fun to see how they're deployed.

cdyhybrid

My guess right now is Revis on Doug Baldwin, Brandon Browner/Devin McCourty on Jermaine Kerse, Kyle Arrington on Ricardo Lockette/WR3, with Jamie Collins or Pat Chung on Luke Willson/TE1. I'm least certain about the TE, since they may put Browner on there instead of asking him to keep up with a speedy receiver, and they may use Collins as a spy on Russell Wilson. Should be fun to see how they're deployed.

They're gonna have Revis cover a slot receiver? ;)

Patriots7

As a Seahawk fan I hope to god Pats try that dink and dunk crap.
Why?
An injured Thomas and Sherman suddenly makes the legion of boom considerably less scary. I doubt either, despite playing, will be at 100%.

Rodgers didn't pick on Sherman. Brady would have.

Tim Wright is my sneaky pick as someone who's gonna have a great game for the Pats.

Top Bottom