• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Tom Penny

Honda dealership said I need a front exhaust and quoted me like 800. Went to a place near my work they did it in 15 minutes for 100 bucks...

FTF

Honda dealership said I need a front exhaust and quoted me like 800. Went to a place near my work they did it in 15 minutes for 100 bucks...

Dealerships (especially domestic ones from my experience for whatever reason) are the freakin worst.

Sam Shields says Dez caught that ball. Too bad all of the Cowboys fans have disappeared.

Tons of players, including receivers like Odell Beckham Jr. said on twitter it was a catch. It's over though, there's nothing left to talk about.

If some of the best players at a position don't understand the rules pertaining to it than it's a clear sign that the rule needs to be revisited or at least clarified.

About Jackson's comments: The initial report never said he noticed anything wrong with the ball, just that he gave it to the equipment guy (which, according to him was because he wanted to keep it as a souvenir):

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/super-bowl/nfl-opens-patriots-deflated-football-probe-after-afc-championship-win-1.9821346

According to a person familiar with the background of the matter, the Colts first noticed something unusual after an interception by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson in the second quarter. Jackson gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and then notified coach Chuck Pagano.

General manager Ryan Grigson was notified in the press box, and he contacted Mike Kensil, NFL director of football operations. Kensil then told the on-field officials at halftime, when the Patriots led 17-7. The Patriots erupted for 21 points in the third quarter, although it is not known if any of the balls were improperly inflated after halftime.

Crisco

Banned
Cowboys were down 5 with 4 minutes to play with all 3 timeouts against a Packers team who'd suddenly decided to go conservative with a lead in the playoffs. That play did not decide the game.

The Seahawks are repeat offenders with both PEDs and Practicegate. We can therefore assume they hold illegal practices all the time and their players are always on the juice. They are cheaters, plain and simple, and it's impossible to know if they would have won the title last year or beaten green bay without cheating

rando14

The Seahawks are repeat offenders with both PEDs and Practicegate. We can therefore assume they hold illegal practices all the time and their players are always on the juice. They are cheaters, plain and simple, and it's impossible to know if they would have won the title last year or beaten green bay without cheating

ce5427U.gif

bionic77

Everyone in the NFL uses PEDs.

If they didn't use them the players would look like Brady without his shirt on. We as fans want the players to look like WWE characters but run like track and field runners.

And I don't think the teams or coaches administer the drugs. I think the players have an outside network that takes care of this stuff.

The PED thing doesn't matter unless you can show it was administered and controlled by the coaches and the team. Which to my knowledge has never been found (but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on some teams).

manfestival

I have been seeing so many patriots fans coming out with this sort of defense. It's the "bu bu we aren't the only ones!!!" defense and it's sickening. We get it Pats fans, you guys feel your team is infallible.

Dragon

Banned
I have been seeing so many patriots fans coming out with this sort of defense. It's the "bu bu we aren't the only ones!!!" defense and it's sickening. We get it Pats fans, you guys feel your team is infallible.

Sickening seems like a strong word for something like this but okay. No one actually stated your last sentence seriously whatsoever. Not sure where you got that from. May want to dial back the self-righteousness!

Yet no one calls Seattle cheaters. Or even care about the other forms of cheating going on in the NFL.

manfestival

Sickening seems like a strong word for something like this but okay. No one actually stated your last sentence seriously whatsoever. Not sure where you got that from. May want to dial back the self-righteousness!

Whoa calm down buddy. No need to get offended. Clearly it's an exaggeration to egg on pats fans for their deflating situation.

All I care about is the pats losing at this point.

Tom Penny

Everyone in the NFL uses PEDs.

If they didn't use them the players would look like Brady without his shirt on. We as fans want the players to look like WWE characters but run like track and field runners.

And I don't think the teams or coaches administer the drugs. I think the players have an outside network that takes care of this stuff.

The PED thing doesn't matter unless you can show it was administered and controlled by the coaches and the team. Which to my knowledge has never been found (but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on some teams).

Didn't a Steelers doctor get indited for a zillion counts of Steroid and HGH distribution..shocking I tell ya. Probably to other teams.

bionic77

Didn't a Steelers doctor get indited for a zillion counts of Steroid and HGH distribution..shocking I tell ya. Probably to other teams.
Assuming it is against the rules (which I don't think it always was) then obviously you need to be punished if a team doctor is administering illegal drugs to players. And the doctor should probably lose his license.

Farooq

Banned
Sam Shields says Dez caught that ball. Too bad all of the Cowboys fans have disappeared.

Even if the Cowboys score after Dez's "catch", with the way Rodgers was playing (or the way Sterling Moore was being abused), there is a good chance GB drives down the field and scores the game winner anyway.

If Cowboys fans were robbed of anything, it was a great finish to a playoff game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Manning said he has never gotten the wrong ball in a game.

“I would know,” he said.

Interesting.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's so sad when somebody isn't even clever enough to disguise their alt. Like, just fucking use some punctuation lunchbox. Make a bare minimum effort, ffs.

Top Bottom