• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Narag

I hope someone, preferably a reporter that look like Cruise in A Few Good Men, asks "if the temperature can change the PSI, why didn't the Colts balls change?"

I've seen people accusing Indy of overinflating the footballs and that's why they tested fine outside.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That was the worst My Cousin Vinny reference in the history of My Cousin Vinny references.

Thanks for wasting everybody's time, Bill. We all learned nothing at all.

rando14

That was the worst My Cousin Vinny reference in the history of My Cousin Vinny references.

Thanks for wasting everybody's time, Bill. We all learned nothing at all.

Patriots did an internal investigation and found that they didn't break any rules!!

Check please

Bread

Banned
I hope someone, preferably a reporter that look like Cruise in A Few Good Men, asks "if the temperature can change the PSI, why didn't the Colts balls change?"
Maybe the Colts prepare their balls on the field to prevent fluctuations in PSI

Godslay

Banned
Personally I feel bad for the Pats. Their balls had to endure the physics and lot variations that Colts balls were obviously immune to.

Sounds like they are trying to cover their own ass before it gets slapped by the league.

MechDX

Personally I feel bad for the Pats. Their balls had to endure the physics and lot variations that Colts balls were obviously immune to.

Sounds like they are trying to cover their own ass before it gets slapped by the league.

Godslay is back!!

#BurnItDown

P.S.- Need a Kubes avatar.
QrEPgUD.jpg

jbug617

Banned
I would say Bill thinks the leagues doesn't have anything to pin it on them. Didn't Schefter say that the league was having problems finding evidence against the Pats?

Bread

Banned
oh shit can't believe he actually addressed spygate

bill must be really pissed that this is distracting everyone from the game

brentech

Classic. Goes on for like 10 minutes about handling balls, and then shuts down almost every question that is asked as if he's too good for it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I would say Bill thinks the leagues doesn't have anything to pin it on them. Didn't Schefter say that the league was having problems finding evidence against the Pats?

I can't imagine them ever proving intent, and I think it's more likely the refs did a crap job of checking the balls, than the Patriots deflating them before the game. NFL won't admit ref incompetence either. We'll likely never know for sure.

Trey

oh shit can't believe he actually addressed spygate

bill must be really pissed that this is distracting everyone from the game

I never got this argument. What else is there to talk about in the week before the week before the superbowl? If "deflategate" didn't happen we're conjuring up what-if scenarios or other such nonsense. It's all a show and dance before the game.

Bread

Banned
I never got this argument. What else is there to talk about in the week before the week before the superbowl? If "deflategate" didn't happen we're conjuring up what-if scenarios or other such nonsense. It's all a show and dance before the game.
I was talking more about how it's distracting him and the team from game prep.

Godslay

Banned
Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I was sad that I got banned for making fun of Alanis Morissette when the Broncos lost. Didn't know it was a touchy subject. Lesson learned I guess.

I'm happy with Kubes. Excited to see what happens when he gets handed a team with good talent. Not a stab against the Texans, just different situation. I hope he excels.

brentech

"coming out with all this information", aka, absolutely nothing. Didn't answer a single question. just talked about handling balls and "maybe this happened".

NFL needs to investigate why the Colts and Patriots played in different climates on Sunday. Seems pretty relevant.

rando14

NFL needs to investigate why the Colts and Patriots played in different climates on Sunday. Seems pretty relevant.

Pretty much. Belicheck goes into Harvard's physics library and spends days storming his brain, trying to describe why the balls might have deflated due to atmospheric pressure and quantum mechanics, and then lays a humongous egg in the fact that the Colts' footballs were JUST FINE

eznark

Banned
Curious as to how all of Belichick's bluster and bullshit deflects the fact that the league was planning to inspect their balls as a result of previous complaints?

Godslay

Banned
I'd buy into the junk science, if there wasn't a set of perfectly valid control balls on the other sideline.

The real question is why the special conf? It almost feels like here's our story lets beat the NFL to the punch. Feels desperate in a way.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Bill's big science experiment found a 1 psi drop, but the balls were 2 psi or greater down. Dammit, bring on more science!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'd buy into the junk science, if there wasn't a set of perfectly valid control balls on the other sideline.

The real question is why the special conf? It almost feels like here's our story lets beat the NFL to the punch. Feels desperate in a way.

Definitely sounds desparate.

Bread

Banned

You can't call them controls if we don't know how they were treated. Maybe the Colts like to put theirs at 13.5 and they test it outside to keep the psi higher? We don't know all the facts.

Top Bottom