• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

FTF

Pats start their balls at 12.5, they pass. They then drop to 11.5 and fail. Colts start their balls at 13.5, drop to 12.5 and still pass.

Or Pats balls were only 11.5-12 to start, officials didn't measure carefully enough and then they dropped to 10.5-11.

rando14

Why do that if you think you might be wrong?

Do what, hold the conference? All Bill said was that he believes that cold weather causes the ball to deflate, backed by the biggest science experiment since the Manhattan Project. He didn't explain why the Colts' balls were just fine and the Patriots' weren't, which is the big question to begin with.

Basically just said a bunch of nothing

Godslay

Banned
I think this was BB's way of saying "We're not talking about this to you can try to waste your time but we're not talking about it" after today. Because next week every question is going to be about this, so he'll be able to say "I've addressed this, we're focused on this game."

WIth bells on

Too bad he doesn't drive the media. It wont go away until the NFL finishes the investigation.

Which is unfortunate, because I actually feel bad for some of the fans. At least the humble ones. Nobody wants that tainted air surrounding a good season.

eznark

Banned
Spygate, deflategate, married women....

Imagine how much shit Belichick would be in with the NFL if he were a young black dude.

MechDX

#StandwithBill

vCeysDo.jpg

Trey

Seriously. It's lasted long enough to earn them another asterisk. Now let's talk about all those great NFL stories going on right now..........

Oh

I was talking more about how it's distracting him and the team from game prep.

Do you think it actually is? The supposed best team since 2007 will be distracted by yet another claim of their cheating?

Whole thing seems like damage control.

Seems like the opposite of damage control. Damage control is to go out and say mea culpa mea culpa... This was basically saying "We didn't do anything wrong except waste time talking about this [stupid] issue. Have fun talking about it, we're moving on to the game."

Of course it's lose:lose for the Patriots from a fan's perspective like what Mech says... but that's only for threads on forums like this. I'm sure that every player and coach on the roster would rather win next Sunday and have people on forums and talking heads on ESPN say that there's an asterisk next to the first quarter of last week's game (and hence, this one), rather than lose next week and have people say that there's an asterisk next to last week's game.

Tends to be the case when you're a known cheater.

People thinking there was something wrong with the Pats, Belichick, etc., preceeds SpyGate. 13 years ago, people on forums like this used to think that the Tuck Rule was invented because of 9/11, so that the Patriots could get into the Super Bowl. Hell, 10% of people in these weekly threads probably still think that.

Godslay

Banned
You can't call them controls if we don't know how they were treated. Maybe the Colts like to put theirs at 13.5 and they test it outside to keep the psi higher? We don't know all the facts.

The math has been done to hell and back. It was something like 0.74 psi drop with given conditions. Where did the other 1 and a quarter drop come from?

Cant blame it on weather conditions, the math doesn't back it.

Doubt you could blame it on a bad lot of balls either. They are factory tested. I doubt that the company would allow bad balls to get to that level.

If the Colts balls maintained psi between measurements, in similar conditions it's pretty incriminating that the Pats balls were tampered with.

Plus, they should be accountable for the balls on their sideline. Similar to a chain of custody. Refs okayed the balls, now it is the Pats responsibility to maintain or report irregularities with the ball.

Pretty straightforward imo.

Greg

The math has been done to hell and back. It was something like 0.74 psi drop with given conditions. Where did the other 1 and a quarter drop come from?

Doubt you could blame it on a bad lot of balls either. They are factory tested. I doubt that the company would allow bad balls to get to that level.

If the Colts balls maintained psi between measurements, in similar conditions it's pretty incriminating that the Pats balls were tampered with.

Plus, they should be accountable for the balls on their sideline. Similar to a chain of custody. Refs okayed the balls, now it is the Pats responsibility to maintain or report irregularities with the ball.

did someone say chain of custody?

jbug617

Banned

NFL never confirmed how much it dropped though. Did all the balls have the same drop? Why was it 11 out of 12?

Bread

Banned

All I'm saying is that there are tons of variables that we don't know, and I'm sure that's why it is taking so long for the NFL to investigate.

People thinking there was something wrong with the Pats, Belichick, etc., preceeds SpyGate. 13 years ago, people on forums like this used to think that the Tuck Rule was invented because of 9/11, so that the Patriots could get into the Super Bowl. Hell, 10% of people in these weekly threads probably still think that.

Good to see that Belichick was nice enough to prove them right.

Godslay

Banned
NFL never confirmed how much it dropped though. Did all the balls have the same drop? Why was it 11 out of 12?

Depends on if you believe Espn report or not. They say 11 out of 12 were 2 psi below the min. So if we are generous, and give 1psi for the weather where does the other 1 psi come from? Guess we'll have to wait and see what they find out and what is truth.

All I'm saying is that there are tons of variables that we don't know, and I'm sure that's why it is taking so long for the NFL to investigate.

Possibly. Still looks shady from the outside considering one sides balls were in regulation the entire time.

Additionally, all balls are inflated in the same area and the Colts balls were checked with the Pats balls at halftime.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Depends on if you believe Espn report or not. They say 11 out of 12 were 2 psi below the min. So if we are generous, and give 1psi for the weather where does the other 1 psi come from? Guess we'll have to wait and see what they find out and what is truth.

I know you've been banned, but it has been proven that the only reputable reporters on earth are Schefter and Glazer.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really hope the Patriots are strong enough not to let this get to them over the next week. I don't need another Birthday ruined by Seattle next week.

I really hope the Patriots are strong enough not to let this get to them over the next week. I don't need another Birthday ruined by Seattle next week.
The Pats were the hot topic after week 4 when they apparently sucked. They then went out and destroyed the beagles and went on a huge win streak. This is a team that always talks about mental toughness and they always show it. They'll be fine.

Godslay

Banned
Oh cool Godslays back after his temper tantrum to say the same thing as the rest of the haters. How illuminating.

Just reiterating what appear to be the facts.

As far as temper tantrums are concerned called it as I saw it. No regrets here, said what I felt and to be honest stand by that assertion.

You won't be able to change that no matter what you say.

:) :)

I know you've been banned, but it has been proven that the only reputable reporters on earth are Schefter and Glazer.

Are we in Biff's World now?

bionic77

Oh cool Godslays back after his temper tantrum to say the same thing as the rest of the haters. How illuminating.
So everyone here is divided between haters (who rush to judgment and are too biased to be trusted) and Pats fans (defenders of truth who won't convict anyone on anything unless it can be proven to a degree not required by any organization and almost no court)?

Pretty sure all of you are just delusional at this point.

The tooth fairy ain't shit. OJ killed both of them. MJ got his dad killed by being cheap. Ben is a fat rapist who got off because no one believes fat girls when it comes to rape. Clinton Jizzed on every fat intern he has had for the past 40 years. The 3DS is the best system out there. And the Pats are a shitty organization that will break any rule they think they can get away with. Grow up and deal with it!

Top Bottom