• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Spinluck

I just watched the Pats vs Ravens game off the DVR.

Lol, holy cow, Ravens secondary was so trash, but from what I saw Brady was targeting the two guys that were struggling (one of them being practice squad tier).

As for the Pats secondary, they didn't have a great game either. Revis wasn't good, Browner was awful, and the rest was eh. Made plays when it mattered though. This might just be a result of playoff Flacco being scary, and the Pats having no pass rush. Anyway, not as scary as I initially thought, but we've got a lot to work on.

JABEE

Keep Suh in Blue.

Restore the Roar.

You should make up a catch phrase that is a continuation of the old one. When will the "Roar" be restored? A Super Bowl? At what point should the Lions admit they have made it, and do something with the "Roar." You can put another playoff banner up in the rafters. You guys won!

Milchjon

Probably Judas Priest, although I love a lot of stuff off Fear of the Dark. The Rock in Rio version of the title track is insane too. Maybe the best live recording I've hear with the way the crowd's in it.

Edit: Had to face the reality that most of my FB friends don't know Special Agent Dale Cooper.
FML

BigAT

1Zn3dVT.jpg

RlkIGQl.jpg

Alright I guess all those guys are Seahawks fan too!

Do they all have to pay Texas A&M too?

Respect

Lol, holy cow, Ravens secondary was so trash, but from what I saw Brady was targeting the two guys that were struggling (one of them being practice squad tier).

As for the Pats secondary, they didn't have a great game either. Revis wasn't good, Browner was awful, and the rest was eh. Made plays when it mattered though. This might just be a result of playoff Flacco being scary, and the Pats having no pass rush. Anyway, not as scary as I initially thought, but we've got a lot to work on.

Revis had an okay game, worst of the year though. Played much better in the 2nd half than the first, but those 2 penalties he had were huge, especially the holding penalty.

Traevon Jackson is out 6 weeks for the Badgers with a broken foot. This is gonna suck since Kaminsky already missed Sunday's game with a concussion. Hope Kaminsky isn't out long cause without those two we looked lost in the second half against Rutgers.

You should make up a catch phrase that is a continuation of the old one. When will the "Roar" be restored? A Super Bowl? At what point should the Lions admit they have made it, and do something with the "Roar." You can put another playoff banner up in the rafters. You guys won!

He told me it's when they win the Super Bowl. So you're gonna be hearing Kas and #restoretheroar until...maybe 2065

I won't live that long luckily

oneHeero

No lie, I can understand Kas love for the Lions. Stafford is pretty young and the team is on a upswing Overall. A couple of key pieces (oline/coaching?) Would make them much more scary.

They make mistakes like the cowboys do. I'm high on the cowboys every year, but cuz I know they have the potential if they plaY to it. But this year was the first year they were legit good. I think the coaching scheme has finally kicked in, so many people were against garrett and wanted him gone after this year but this guy has been implementing a new attitude in that locker room and he got rid of a lot of old peeps on the team. I can see the Lions being the same

brentech

There was a whole lot of stupid in Milch's Kaspiracy thread, but this post might take the cake:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147128984&postcount=995

Just remove every frame of video that actually caused it to be ruled not a catch, then post it as clear proof that it was obviously a bad call.

I remember seeing that on twitter right after the game. Gotta get that narrative. It was getting retweeted like the conspiracy was real.

bionic77

Ravens at least have a threat of a running game.

If you can't establish the run (which you won't be able to do) then it is going to be very tough for Luck. On the one hand he can't force the issue too much. But on the other hand he might have to if the Pats get ahead because the Colts are trash.

No lie, I can understand Kas love for the Lions. Stafford is pretty young and the team is on a upswing Overall. A couple of key pieces (oline/coaching?) Would make them much more scary.

They make mistakes like the cowboys do. I'm high on the cowboys every year, but cuz I know they have the potential if they plaY to it. But this year was the first year they were legit good. I think the coaching scheme has finally kicked in, so many people were against garrett and wanted him gone after this year but this guy has been implementing a new attitude in that locker room and he got rid of a lot of old peeps on the team. I can see the Lions being the same

so is JFF. what does that have to do with anything.

Tom Penny

If the Pats play the way they did against the Ravens they will lose. Their starting slow trend will bite them in ass eventually.

Dragon

Banned
so I guess we can pencil in the seahawks for the superbowl and probably the patriots

fun round I suppose

If that's the matchup, you can pencil a 31-14 victory for the Seahawks in the SB too.

I actually thought Luck throws more ints than he does.

He throws the ball a ton, it's why counting stats can be deceiving. His int% isn't too far off from Brady's (2.5% vs. 2.0%) which is pretty damn good.

jbug617

Banned
Listening to the radio yesterday and they said Steve Smith almost got into a fight after the game. Jermaine Wiggins (former teammate) called Smith a bully on the radio a while back and apparently Smith heard about that and on the way back to the buses he saw Wiggins. They had to be separated.

Milchjon

He throws the ball a ton, it's why counting stats can be deceiving. His int% isn't too far off from Brady's (2.5% vs. 2.0%) which is pretty damn good.

I think my impression is being skewed by him throwing 3/4/2 of them vs the Pats over his career so far.

bionic77

:lol

Pats fans just found out that Luck is good.

I hope for his sake the Colts eventually put some talent around him. Otherwise he is going to be a slinger for life with the bad habits he is getting carrying this shit team on his back.

And with slinging eventually comes slanging.

The game on Sunday is going to be like the ending of Rocky IV.

Aaron Charles Rodgers will lead us to glory 27-24.

HE'S CUT!

#ChokeTheChickens

Milchjon

I hope for his sake the Colts eventually put some talent around him. Otherwise he is going to be a slinger for life with the bad habits he is getting carrying this shit team on his back.

Dumb lawyer twisting the truth again. My love for Luck is well documented.

bionic77

Is Schwartz a good coach?

The Buffalo defense was pretty legit this year.

But the Lions were a fucking mess and one of the worst coached teams under his tenure.

BigAT

People keep talking about Luck "not having talent around him", as though he doesn't have the #3 overall pick on offense with him. Come on. How many QBs are lucky enough to have that?

#TrentTruck #RoadToActiveGamedayStatus

Greg

People keep talking about Luck "not having talent around him", as though he doesn't have the #3 overall pick on offense with him. Come on. How many QBs are lucky enough to have that?

seriously

give that kind of talent to someone like JFF and you have a future HoFamer

bionic77

Browns, Bungles, Ratbirds. Look upon the face of your destroyer.

B7Pea6zCMAAiCUH.jpg
Time for the new blood to show what they can do.

Looks like the Steelers pushed Dick out.

Love the guy but it was time for him to go. I wonder if he retires or goes to another team for another year or two. Even though he is like 100 years old he still looks like he is in really good health.

If only Luck could be a better GM.

What a fraud...

Top Bottom