• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Butler has had dc offers in the past and his contract was up. I'm sure there was some push from him. Either he was taking over now or he was leaving.

I wish LeBeau nothing but success. He'll probably get on a staff as an assistant hc/dc somewhere. Either Steelers West with Arians or GB with Capers are the best bets.

bionic77

Butler has had dc offers in the past and his contract was up. I'm sure there was some push from him. Either he was taking over now or he was leaving.

I wish LeBeau nothing but success. He'll probably get on a staff as an assistant hc/dc somewhere. Either Steelers West with Arians or GB with Capers are the best bets.
Same here.

I also hope to look as good as he does when I am 77.

Spinluck

Ravens at least have a threat of a running game.

If you can't establish the run (which you won't be able to do) then it is going to be very tough for Luck. On the one hand he can't force the issue too much. But on the other hand he might have to if the Pats get ahead because the Colts are trash.

There is a good chance we decide to get behind early forcing Luck to carry us then proceed to get blown out. I think if we keep buying Luck time we can attack the right parts of their secondary, but for some reason our receivers don't get separation from the Pats after a while. Our running game is also a facade although only slightly improved without Trent.

As long as it's nothing like PeyPey's first AFCC in Foxborough I'll be happy!

Give us LeBeau, Capers was always LeBeau lite anyway.

I'd prefer a defensive coach that didn't go to bed at 6 but beggars can't be choosers.

Bowser

Rivera's noted in his presser today there won't be any staff changes. Not to the league worst (by DVOA) ST or at OC.

#welp

Fantomex

Good Morning everyone. Good luck to all of your teams. It's a nice day out in so cal. So I got the new office space and im wonders g if I should decorate it with fun robots and posters. Everyone else here seems to not really care and has no flair. Wondering if Ishould just let it be. But it's boring looking at plain gray all over.

Sephzilla

Since Rodgers is at least 2x the QB Cam is that's 30+ points Seattle is going to need to score to win.

I'd be surprised if Green Bay sniffs 30 points this weekend. Seattle's defense locked them down pretty good in the opening week. Green Bay will get 24 points at most I'm thinking. Their defense absolutely has to keep Seattle under 20.

MechDX

Good Morning everyone. Good luck to all of your teams. It's a nice day out in so cal. So I got the new office space and im wonders g if I should decorate it with fun robots and posters. Everyone else here seems to not really care and has no flair. Wondering if Ishould just let it be. But it's boring looking at plain gray all over.

At least 15 pieces of flair is needed.

Wasn't sure if this was posted, but after Saturday's Ravens / Patriots game, Steve Smith Sr went to fight Germain Wiggins, former Patriots TE in 2001, former Carolina TE with Smith in 2003 and 2004, among other teams. Wiggins was on the Patriots sideline as a local personality (he does sports broadcasting on radio).

Over the years, Wiggins has said that Smith was a locker room bully and not a good locker room guy, and so Smith approached him after the game and got in his face, wanting to fight him in front of Wiggins' wife and kids (Wiggins has been retired for several years now).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/...e-wiggins-after-loss-to-patriots-on-saturday/

Great drama.

bionic77

Give us LeBeau, Capers was always LeBeau lite anyway.

I'd prefer a defensive coach that didn't go to bed at 6 but beggars can't be choosers.
Lebeau is not like your DC who looks like he died 4 years ago or your HC who looks like he is 8 months pregnant.

Dude could pass for 50 and he is 77. And he is not a frail old man either. He looks like he is in really good shape.

As amazing as his football career has been, his genetics are even more impressive.

Sephzilla

It will be tough for Green Bay, but I think it's ridiculous to use week 1 as an indicator of how this game will go lol.

In the fail mary game green bay scored 12 points and in week 1 they scored 16. I know a lot has changed since both of those games but it just seems like Seattle can lock down the Packers.

MRSA

Banned

Put a sponge or two on your desk

Ninershigh on Gase.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 11m11 minutes ago
Broncos should be prepared for possibility Gase takes 49ers job by end of meeting. 49ers source says team is serious; knows Elway on deck.

Also, Dennis Allen joins the Giants D-Coordinator search:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 2m2 minutes ago
Ex-Raiders coach Dennis Allen expected to talk to Giants about D-coordinator opening

Bread

Banned
Wasn't sure if this was posted, but after Saturday's Ravens / Patriots game, Steve Smith Sr went to fight Germain Wiggins, former Patriots TE in 2001, former Carolina TE with Smith in 2003 and 2004, among other teams. Wiggins was on the Patriots sideline as a local personality (he does sports broadcasting on radio).

Over the years, Wiggins has said that Smith was a locker room bully and not a good locker room guy, and so Smith approached him after the game and got in his face, wanting to fight him in front of Wiggins' wife and kids (Wiggins has been retired for several years now).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/...e-wiggins-after-loss-to-patriots-on-saturday/

Great drama.
I am not a bully, now I'm gonna kick your ass bro!

bionic77

Thats what transformers and sports shit is for.

If you really want to show everyone how big (or small) your decorating penis is, consider this:

http://ledpixelart.com/

I am strongly considering getting one.

Milchjon

I need a somewhat big, cheap external screen for programming.

Anyone have any ideas/preferences? I haven't bought a screen ever before.

Spinluck

In the fail mary game green bay scored 12 points and in week 1 they scored 16. I know a lot has changed since both of those games but it just seems like Seattle can lock down the Packers.

I can understand that, but idk, I feel like if Seahawk offense starts out slow then we'll have a game for sure.

rando14

I can understand that, but idk, I feel like if Seahawk offense starts out slow then we'll have a game for sure.

Seattle always starts slow, we're a 2nd half team. If GB builds a 2 score lead early on and plays even remotely respectable defense, we're done.

Sephzilla

Seattle always starts slow, we're a 2nd half team. If GB builds a 2 score lead early on and plays even remotely respectable defense, we're done.

I think this is how Green Bay will win, if they win. Get an early lead and take the crowd out of the game and then pray that the defense doesn't buckle in the second half. The Packers are pretty much built to be a front running team.

Spinluck

Stack the box to stuff Marshawn, and if the DB's play well, we won't be able to do anything cause our receivers are trash.

Yeah, I just don't think the game will be a blowout, and will be really close.

Nothing here screams blowout to me, the only likely blowout this weekend is us vs Pats imo. The tempo of the GB and SEA game feels like it'll be decided early, I expect the second half to be crazy.

So I guess the Pack will get 20 this time, Hawks will probably get 23 or 26. With the Hawks at home and Rodgers hobbled, I don't see how the Pack can pull this one out. It'll be a surprise if they do.

Spinluck

Pagano's bullshit reason for benching Trent:

Explaining the decision to deactivate Richardson in favor of a running back signed off the street just last week, coach Chuck Pagano cited special teams experience.

"Michael Hill was a special teams player and Trent -- it's not any knock on Trent -- but Trent's never been asked to be a special teams player," Pagano said Monday, via The Indianapolis Star. "He was doing everything for a period of time to try to get himself ready. But Michael was more ready to go out and be the third back and contribute on special teams."

That makes sense. But it doesn't address Richardson losing the No. 2 job to Zurlon Tipton, a hybrid back with 10 career rushing attempts entering the postseason.

Fantomex

That's what I'm saying

Put a sponge or two on your desk

You still owe me tea and macaroons

Thats what transformers and sports shit is for.

If you really want to show everyone how big (or small) your decorating penis is, consider this:

http://ledpixelart.com/

I am strongly considering getting one.

That is super cool. I'm wondering if I can get the school to pay for that.

Hahahaha. It would have to be Tannehill or Cameron Wake!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah, I just don't think the game will be a blowout, and will be really close.

Nothing here screams blowout to me, the only likely blowout this weekend is us vs Pats imo. The tempo of the GB and SEA game feels like it'll be decided early, I expect the second half to be crazy.

Agreed. Thinking about going to Vegas and betting my house on the Pats. It's going to be a massacre.

Respect

flair-guy-office-space-sues.jpg

rando14

stack the box to stuff Mar-... and there goes Wilson with an 80-yard scramble

Naw, Carolina contained Marshawn and Russell really well last week, we only ran for like 100 yards total.

Reason we won was because Russ obliterated their secondary with big plays, a large part of which was due to Richardson's breakaway speed (and he's gone now so our explosive play potential is severely hampered).

squicken

Talk on Luck not having a team around him is outdated. Receiving corps lacks a physical stud like Dez or Julio, but Hilton/Moncreif/Fleener/Allen and even Nicks make for a really good unit. Now that OL is protecting, offense really just lacks a decent RB

Test will be can the defense stop Gronk and the run game. I'd also expect BB to test the LBs in coverage on the RBs and Edelman/Amendola. Colts may do what they did with Peyton and live and die with 1v1 on deep perimeter

Top Bottom