• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

eznark

Banned
Wahhhhh I need to spend $8 on an adapter and Nintendo is refusing to release a system that meets my specific Alex Smith syndrome. And holyfuckmygodinheaven have you seen the xeno blade box art how can I even fuck my anime pillow while looking at that???????

Fox318

Your opinions are just the worst, man.

They won't sell a smaller cheaper model that might be better for younger children and people with smaller hands and they don't even include a charger.

Also they built a gaming console that doesn't have DVD playback so they could save .02 per system.

Hey you know what might be nice for some parents. Having an easy way to play dvds on a tablet for their kids.

But nope Nintendo has to make more money and there is going to be a ton of people who defend it.

MRSA

Banned
I'm really confused as to what this N3DS is, like I stated before I'm only planning on getting one because snes can't get one.

JNA

Banned
Wahhhhh I need to spend $8 on an adapter and Nintendo is refusing to release a system that meets my specific Alex Smith syndrome. And holyfuckmygodinheaven have you seen the xeno blade box art how can I even fuck my anime pillow while looking at that???????

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-reacti-DViC.gif

Draxal

They won't sell a smaller cheaper model that might be better for younger children and people with smaller hands and they don't even include a charger.

Also they built a gaming console that doesn't have DVD playback so they could save .02 per system.

Hey you know what might be nice for some parents. Having an easy way to play dvds on a tablet for their kids.

But nope Nintendo has to make more money and there is going to be a ton of people who defend it.

No excuse for the chargers.

But nobody was buying the normal 3ds in the land of Alex Smith's even with the face plate push there. It would be butt fumbling here.

Let's go post in the five fire emblem threads going on right now. Talking points are.

1. Waifus, just shut the fuck about them.
2. Yes the maps sucked.
3. FEET FEET FEET

images
Draxal, you are my bro. Seriously, you're the man.

I tried reading some of that FE thread and had to close it within five minutes. I love the marriage mechanic in Awakening but it sucks that all discussion surrounding the game is about that (or complaining about how it's worse than the older games).

"Bring back waifus and this game will slay!"
"No same sex relationships, no buy!"
"Waifu Emblem 2 will be mine on day one!"

Just fucking shoot me now.

Anyway, I an super pumped for a new FE. I'm glad it's not a direct sequel to Awakening, but considering that game was kind of a celebration of many elements from the series I'm very curious to see where they go with this installment.

bionic77

Shortsighted investments never provide a long term financial gain.

Then again Nintendo is making so much money now.

Oh wait they aren't.
Sony is going out of business.

No one knows if MS will be here next gen because their CEO rightly realizes it is not part of their core business.

And somehow 90% of the game commercials I see are for shitty phone games.

It's not just Nintendo.

That said. Fuck defending corporations. Call them out when they pull some dumb shit.

zychi

Banned
Shortsighted investments never provide a long term financial gain.

Then again Nintendo is making so much money now.

Oh wait they aren't.

It's a cycle. The Wii U is N64, the next system will be the Gamecube, and then the 3rd will sell like Wii.

Nintendo is making a shitton of money off the 3ds still. Just because the Wii U is sellling meh compared to others consoles, which are selling at a loss, doesn't mean Ninty isn't making money.

They pay accountants to make it seem like businesses are losing money. It's the first thing they teach you in business school

Draxal

Draxal, you are my bro. Seriously, you're the man.

I tried reading some of that FE thread and had to close it within five minutes. I love the marriage mechanic in Awakening but it sucks that all discussion surrounding the game is about that (or complaining about how it's worse than the older games).

"Bring back waifus and this game will slay!"
"No same sex relationships, no buy!"
"Waifu Emblem 2 will be mine on day one!"

Just fucking shoot me now.

Anyway, I an super pumped for a new FE. I'm glad it's not a direct sequel to Awakening, but considering that game was kind of a celebration of many elements from the series I'm very curious to see where they go with this installment.

The NFL gaf fire emblem fanbase is great, because they like the game, see it's faults and deal with it, otgaf has some good posters but it really was not a fun read.

New one seems to be very east vs west, but I don't play Fire Emblem for the story, I play for the chance to get hit by a 1% crit and throw my ds at the wall.

The NFL gaf fire emblem fanbase is great, because they like the game, see it's faults and deal with it, otgaf has some good posters but it really was not a fun read.

New one seems to be very east vs west, but I don't play Fire Emblem for the story, I play for the chance to get hit by a 1% crit and throw my ds at the wall.
Exactly, even though I consider Awakening my favorite game in the series I recognize that it has some issues (like any game) and could be improved. I completely understand and respect the ways in which the older games were better and I get why some people prefer them, but at the same time I'm not one to put old classics on an untouchable pedestal just for the sake of nostalgia.

To be honest I would love a Wii U FE just for better presentation but I'll still play the heck out of another 3DS version. More than anything I am just thrilled that these games are still being made, especially in today's age where well made SRPG's are hard to come by.

If your 3DS survived Awakening you are doing alright. Few things more painful in life than an unexpected smack down from the RNG gods!

Draxal

Exactly, even though I consider Awakening my favorite game in the series I recognize that it has some issues (like any game) and could be improved. I completely understand and respect the ways in which the older games were better and I get why some people prefer them, but at the same time I'm not one to put old classics on an untouchable pedestal just for the sake of nostalgia.

To be honest I would love a Wii U FE just for better presentation but I'll still play the heck out of another 3DS version. More than anything I am just thrilled that these games are still being made, especially in today's age where well made SRPG's are hard to come by.

If your 3DS survived Awakening you are doing alright. Few things more painful in life than an unexpected smack down from the RNG gods!

I'm all for portable emblems, fast gameplay is key to fire emblem experience imho, and the gc game was way too slow compared to the every portable fire emblem.

Top Bottom