• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

rando14

I'm with Futurevoid, Chud's a perfectly fine coach. If you want to laugh at something, laugh at the Browns for firing him after only ONE year with Trent Dump as his RB and Campbell, hoyer, and Brandon Fucking Weeden as his QB's!!

Drakeon

No Harbaugh, Fangio, or Gore. Bad Kaep. Replaced Harbaugh with a guy they didn't even interview. Coordinator candidates are currently a guy Cleveland didn't even give 2 years, and Jason fucking Tarver. Oh, and coming off a year where everybody thought the owners looked like asses for how they treated Harbaugh.

Where's the confidence to have? What isn't laughable about this situation? This team was in the fucking Super Bowl a few years ago, didn't even make the playoffs this year, and now look like this year will be the best case scenario for at least the next half-decade.

That's a lot of assumptions. They shouldn't have gotten rid of Harbaugh, but your writing them off for the next 5 years is a little ridiculous based on rumor and speculation.

No Harbaugh, Fangio, or Gore. Bad Kaep. Replaced Harbaugh with a guy they didn't even interview. Coordinator candidates are currently a guy Cleveland didn't even give 2 years, and Jason fucking Tarver. Oh, and coming off a year where everybody thought the owners looked like asses for how they treated Harbaugh.
That's a whole lot of words about an entire situation when I'm asking about ONE guy possibly being the coordinator (and a very qualified one at that). Not sure what the rest of that speculation has to do with anything outside of the typical overreactions that goes on with this stuff.

Cleveland didn't want him? Really? That's your fucking barometer? The team that switches coaches and quarterbacks like they are fucking lipstick? Ok....

Doomsayer

Maybe I'll get laughed out of the room here but can someone explain to me what's laughable about that?

He did some pretty good work with Cam in his tenure with the Panthers. Put up a top 10 offense with that group and it seems like he'd be a solid fit to try and fix Kap.

Outside of his one year as the Browns head coach when he wasn't given even the most remote of chances to do anything with that organization - I don't get the hate.

This is my thoughts, too? Any reason as to why he's such a terrible candidate? I liked Chud in Carolina and he got a bum deal in Cleveland.

bionic77

It was the perfect ending I can't believe they thought about making a 4.

3 was the great closing to the Toy Story chapter.
They need to go the transformers route (animated not CG abomination) and kill all the old characters in the first 10 minutes and replace them all wirh new ones.

As long as they do it with some Dicola tunes the kids will be rocking out too much to cry over it.

Holy shit chud? I actually love this. Really liked his work in Carolina and thought he'd do well as browns hc.

I don't know I don't like the Tomsula hire but maybe if he hires coordinators to have autonomy it could work. We had 12 offensive coaches under harbs. Too many chefs in the kitchen in some spots.

I guess what choice do niners fans have? Either squicken or enjoy the ride while waiting for anothe new hc 4 years from now.

I feel bad for tomsula. Really great DL coach but he has impossible shoes to fill. Anything less than a superbowl W will be frowned upon

bionic77

U r so dumb.

How can you hate the first?

Did you see the second one? The third one is like one of the best 3rd movies ever--not surprised you of all people were asleep on it!
The first one was eh. At least that's how I remembered it. My nephew watched it non stop and I caught all of it in bits and pieces.

Nothing amazing to me.

Honestly I only like some Pixar movies (ie Up, Ratatouille). As with everything it's not for eveyone!

If you want a good movie you might not have seen before than watch gattaca or glory.

bionic77

Holy shit chud? I actually love this. Really liked his work in Carolina and thought he'd do well as browns hc.

I don't know I don't like the Tomsula hire but maybe if he hires coordinators to have autonomy it could work. We had 12 offensive coaches under harbs. Too many chefs in the kitchen in some spots.

I guess what choice do niners fans have? Either squicken or enjoy the ride while waiting for anothe new hc 4 years from now.

I feel bad for tomsula. Really great DL coach but he has impossible shoes to fill. Anything less than a superbowl W will be frowned upon
I thought York was more interested in class than championships?

As long as the new guy doesn't swear and embarrass York around his rich friends I think he will be ok.

JABEE

I thought York was more interested in class than championships?

As long as the new guy doesn't swear and embarrass York around his rich friends I think he will be ok.

Tomsula was a married father of two young daughters while working at CSU from 1992-95. Along with delivering newspapers, he also cleaned Piggly Wiggly parking lots and photographed homes for an insurance company. And he cut fire wood on the side.

“Whatever I could do to make a buck,” Tomsula told the Post and Courier last season.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150114/PC20/150119640

I hope York respects working class folks.

MRSA

Banned
John Wick is a great movie if you're looking for nothing but good action.

Or Children of Men. Completely unrelated, but it's my favorite movie that not a lot of people have seen.

Great flick don't know which I liked better John Wick or The Equalizer as revenge movie of the year.

Afrikan

ok I need counseling.

any other fans dealt with this before? Being inches away from winning a SuperBowl..making it to 3 straight Championships...then hiring a position coach to lead the team, to coach against coaches like

Pete Carroll
Jeff Fisher
Bruce Arians

and other NFC Coaches

what do I do now..... the only brightside I see in this, is I won't have high expectations anymore... and I can concentrate on other things in life that might be more important.

How do you deal with this?

BigAT

This get posted?

B7UloBwCYAAcKnG.jpg

cdyhybrid

ok I need counseling.

any other fans dealt with this before? Being inches away from winning a SuperBowl..making it to 3 straight Championships...then hiring a position coach to lead the team, to coach against coaches like

Pete Carroll
Jeff Fisher
Bruce Arians

and other NFC Coaches

what do I do now..... the only brightside I see in this, is I won't have high expectations anymore... and I can concentrate on other things in life that might be more important.

There's only one thing to do if your franchise needs salvation:

tS8uzrJ.jpg

Eleuin

John Wick is a great movie if you're looking for nothing but good action.

Or Children of Men. Completely unrelated, but it's my favorite movie that not a lot of people have seen.
Had one of the best tracking shots I've ever seen (car scene)

ok I need counseling.

Pete Carroll
Jeff Fisher
Bruce Arians

and other NFC Coaches

don't worry! if it doesn't work out we can hold jed york accountable! rest easy knowing that he can be held accountable. if things go wrong... guess what? yep, jed york can be held accountable. makes me feel better

Sanjuro

Tried The Golden Flounder tonight. Light golden wheat ale from next to my hometown. Pretty great stuff! Haven't been able to find anything from them yet.

JpHKHYd.jpg

Tom Penny

Tried The Golden Flounder tonight. Light golden wheat ale from next to my hometown. Pretty great stuff! Haven't been able to find anything from them yet.

Go to Doherty's and order Ravenous Coffee Milk stout. It's made in my ghetto hometown of Woonsocket.

Sanjuro

Go to Doherty's and order Ravenous Coffee Milk stout. It's made in my ghetto hometown of Woonsocket.

I'll give it a shot. Doherty's is my jam. Very glad they opened up more locations. Probably the best location to try a variety of beer, with Trinity still being the best overall.

Tom Penny

I'll give it a shot. Doherty's is my jam. Very glad they opened up more locations. Probably the best location to try a variety of beer, with Trinity still being the best overall.

They also make a Blackstone Pale ale but I'm that weirdo that doesn't really like IPA's..at least the hoppy ones.

Sanjuro

They also make a Blackstone Pale ale but I'm that weirdo that doesn't really like IPA's..at least the hoppy ones.

I jump around with IPAs. They can be the best or meh. I'm a boozer, so a poundable lager is my go-to. Trinity has their Kolsch with is to fucking die for.

Outside of that I just jump around when I'm at a place which is rich in variety.

Tom Penny

I jump around with IPAs. They can be the best or meh. I'm a boozer, so a poundable lager is my go-to. Trinity has their Kolsch with is to fucking die for.

Outside of that I just jump around when I'm at a place which is rich in variety.

I love beer but I'm more a bourbon scotch person now. I ain't got all that time to waste catch a buzz...maybe that's a problem :(

Top Bottom