• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

cajunator

Banned
I really enjoy Vietnamese though and another restaurant is about to open. Its owned by a currently operating restaurant with really great pho so Im looking forward to it.
Mech is right though. Louisiana is about food, drink, festivals, and promiscuity.

Hunter S.

I really enjoy Vietnamese though and another restaurant is about to open. Its owned by a currently operating restaurant with really great pho so Im looking forward to it.
Mech is right though. Louisiana is about food, drink, festivals, and promiscuity.
And fat people.

MechDX

We NEED that Saints/Texans Superbowl. Everyone would be full of food, drunk and screwed. Literally.

JABEE

HUGE.

Are you seriously comparing food from Jacksonville to Louisiana? All those people do in Louisiana is eat, drink and screw basically.

Mech bringing the racism!

Pakistani in Illinois is odd. Figured it'd be Thai or Italian. There's literally one every other corner in Chicago
Doesn't really surprise me. I knew a few Pakistani dudes at UofI, they were all from Chicago. Don't think I've ever met somebody from there down here in the pit of society St Louis.

Bearing in mind that it's measuring (or claiming to measure) the difference over average. So there are assuredly more Thai places, but compared to the average # of Thai places in a state, it's nothing too crazy.

You mean you actually live in Jacksonville? I thought you lived in some swamp adjacent to the city! And you still turn you back on the hometown team? Despicable!
Don't you live in new jersey? I'm pretty sure the jets are the official team there so how could you turn your back on them.

cajunator

Banned
And fat people.

I actually dont see a huge number of fatties in the city. Perhaps they live out in the country or northern Louisiana. The cajun way of life has a lot of dancing after meals and in festivals and such. It helps keep weight down. Not everybody does that though, and I know for sure people up in Shreveport and Monroe dont. The main cities also have a lot of organic food choices. The hot climate does make people lazier.

Hunter S.

I actually dont see a huge number of fatties in the city. Perhaps they live out in the country or northern Louisiana. The cajun way of life has a lot of dancing after meals and in festivals and such. It helps keep weight down. Not everybody does that though, and I know for sure people up in Shreveport and Monroe dont. The main cities also have a lot of organic food choices. The hot climate does make people lazier.
I thought people in Colorado were fat, but I visit Texas a lot leading to a reality check on the state of the rest of the nation.

cajunator

Banned
I thought people in Colorado were fat, but I visit Texas a lot leading to a reality check on the state of the rest of the nation.

There are definitely some. Obesity makes sense given how much food choice we have and how rich it is. But I see those people of walmart pictures and I havent seen anyone that morbidly obese. Lots of people are overweight or chubby though.

bionic77

No because I have zero reason to go to Jacksonville. If I go to Florida, Im going to Miami, Orlando, the Keys.....no one ever once said "Hey! Lets go to Jacksonville Florida!"
I have been there twice.

It's dirty brown water trash (which is expected as its Florida). We drove through in the 90s on the way to Orlando and me and the wife just went to Amelia island last fall. Amelia island was really nice but once you get past the resorts it is just the same old typical Florida turd.

To be honest I didn't love Texas that much either. Houston has a ton of pluses (jobs, good schools, low cost of living) but I wouldn't want to live there. People in Texas are really nice though. You can't say that about the methheads in Florida.

Hunter S.

There are definitely some. Obesity makes sense given how much food choice we have and how rich it is. But I see those people of walmart pictures and I havent seen anyone that morbidly obese. Lots of people are overweight or chubby though.
Betrer than following gluten fads. People here just have more sports variety to undertake: sking, snowboarding, white water rafting, rock climbing, mointain climbing, fucking long time, mountain biking, road biking, smoking dope, kyaking, and hiking.

MechDX

I have been there twice.

It's dirty brown water trash (which is expected as its Florida). We drove through in the 90s on the way to Orlando and me and the wife just went to Amelia island last fall. Amelia island was really nice but once you get past the resorts it is just the same old typical Florida turd.

To be honest I didn't love Texas that much either. Houston has a ton of pluses (jobs, good schools, low cost of living) but I wouldn't want to live there. People in Texas are really nice though. You can't say that about the methheads in Florida.

Been randomly talking to the wife and I think Im ready to leave the Houston area. The urban sprawl is now hitting my area and I guess I am just getting old because it is bugging the hell out of me. Plus side though: even though we have only owned our house for 4 years I could sell now at a profit because the crazy housing market here.

bionic77

Been randomly talking to the wife and I think Im ready to leave the Houston area. The urban sprawl is now hitting my area and I guess I am just getting old because it is bugging the hell out of me. Plus side though: even though we have only owned our house for 4 years I could sell now at a profit because the crazy housing market here.
Yeah friends and family tell me that houses are starting to get expensive in Houston. That takes away a huge part of the appeal of the city. Though as long as there are jobs people will continue to come.

Texas seems to have good state schools though. PA state schools can go get fucked. Expensive as fuck for a state education. Higher education is tied with medicine as the biggest scams going.

MechDX

Yeah friends and family tell me that houses are starting to get expensive in Houston. That takes away a huge part of the appeal of the city. Though as long as there are jobs people will continue to come.

Texas seems to have good state schools though. PA state schools can go get fucked. Expensive as fuck for a state education. Higher education is tied with medicine as the biggest scams going.

And here I was thinking of moving to PA and get a job with Jak. We could be GAFs version of Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen

cajunator

Banned

Housing in Lafayette is surprisingly expensive. Cajuns love their land. Its not ludicrous but you can definitely purchase larger houses for the money in Texas.

Somebody asked about the Chud thing

@caplannfl
For Tomsula, some names among group mentioned in league circles as potential OCs: Rob Chudzinski and Charlie Weis.

Also different thing about Trestman also being considered:
The dominos have begun to fall with the news that Jim Tomsula has been promoted from defensive line coach to head coach of the San Francisco 49ers.

According to an NFL source, the coaching staff left over from Jim Harbaugh’s tenure will be undergoing a total housecleaning. Offensive line coach Mike Solari and running backs coach Tom Rathman are both headed out the door, with Rathman expected to join Greg Roman in Buffalo. The source said Vic Fangio is on his way out as well, but that both Solari and Rathman would have stayed if Fangio had been promoted to head coach.

As for the incoming staff, the source says that Marc Trestman and Jason Tarver are the 49ers’ main targets for offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Trestman was fired after going 5-11 in his second full season as the Chicago Bears’ head coach and was the 49ers’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 1995 and 1996. Tarver was the defensive coordinator for the Raiders from 2012 until 2014

But yeah you're all right it's totally just dramatic nonsense and not one of the greatest bullshit collapses of a team in a one-year span just because the baby owner didn't like a Harbaugh

Milchjon

We can be Pats fans together when you move back to Maine!

Top Bottom