• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who knows how honest he's being but it's shit like this that makes me not want to watch football.

crying-wrestling-guy.jpg

Ever sitting there in despair watching a game and wish you simply could quit sports? The highs are unbelievable, the lows are hell on earth.

I think that's false. Steelers need to let go of the past before they rebuild. These old linebackers are nice nostalgia, but Deebo is not winning another chip for us. As must as it pains me Lebeau is part of that as well.

I agree with you on that. Harrison was nothing but a role player at this point. Troy looks done. Ike looks done. But I feel like we typically have a lot of injury problems (Pouncey being the chief suspect) through camp and guys like that will keep coming back to fill the roster. Maybe Butler has some ideas.

Steelers front 7 is rebuilt, and was playing well together at the end of the season. Gay is in his prime and Cortez has the talent. Let's not fall into the same "Our (blank) is the worst in the league" trap everyone does.

I don't think we have a really bad defense. Hell, our red zone defense was great in the regular season, wasn't it? But I feel like over the last 5 years the line has been fragile china. Maybe all we need is more picks to fix that, but the real challenge will be reloading while we keep hanging around as a playoff team.

Watching him Sunday he was playing well when his calf loosened up. Somebody just tell him to save the good drugs for the second half and he'll be fine.
Yeah, true, but he could also fuck himself up and be out all of 2015.

Man if the Packers pull off the upset, that would be incredible.

I agree with you on that. Harrison was nothing but a role player at this point. Troy looks done. Ike looks done. But I feel like we typically have a lot of injury problems (Pouncey being the chief suspect) through camp and guys like that will keep coming back to fill the roster. Maybe Butler has some ideas.

I don't think we have a really bad defense. Hell, our red zone defense was great in the regular season, wasn't it? But I feel like over the last 5 years the line has been fragile china. Maybe all we need is more picks to fix that, but the real challenge will be reloading while we keep hanging around as a playoff team.

Steelers have put everything into their front seven at the expense of the secondary. I understand they want speed up front, but when that pass rush breaks down you need depth at corner to handle the pressure. How many times since 2010 have we seen teams abuse our nickel corner all day? Blake and McCain played well above their station, but I don't expect to rely on that on a consistent basis. Can you imagine the 5'9" Blake vs. Dez Bryant in the Super Bowl? I would shudder to see that.

Steelers need to build depth along their secondary. Hopefully after this season they won't have Troy to lean on as a crutch anymore, and we can see what Mitchell can really do with his dick not ripped to shreds.

Respect

He was clearly down, why were you worried in the first place?

I wasn't, but the way he made the announcement sounded as though he was going to confirm the ruling on the field. Wouldn't have been the first time I though a ruling would go one way but ended up going another.

Lol that's fine you have a right to your opinion.

I'm not sure if this is anger/hostility or you're being genuine. I think Russell Passes the eye test for the most part, but he's very young still, He's definitely worked his way up a list, but he hasn't carried a team alone yet, and that's fine it's just something he will have to go through. It's wrong to put him above peyton (i know he sucked yesterday), Romo, so on and so forth just yet.

Lol I'm never angry at other people's opinions. Our team is young and that just how they operate. They love the whole "xxx media said this about us". Kind of like how Brady will never let go of being drafted so low. That's most of our team, especially that 2012 draft class.

CjaUYca.jpg

From Brady's Facebook

Sephzilla

Yeah, true, but he could also fuck himself up and be out all of 2015.

Man if the Packers pull off the upset, that would be incredible.

It's not that much of a long shot. You guys have the best QB in football.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Rodgers is going to be enough to get the Packers over Seattle. The Packer defense needs to play the game of their lives next week in order to have a chance at winning.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think that's false. Steelers need to let go of the past before they rebuild. These old linebackers are nice nostalgia, but Deebo is not winning another chip for us. As must as it pains me Lebeau is part of that as well.

This is the new NFL. teams need speed on the back end to compete with the Gronks and Graham's of the world. Seahawks D is so successful because of their speed on the back end. Pack is trying to be versatile with its personnel (though they are going through the same growing pains Lebeau's D did).

Steelers front 7 is rebuilt, and was playing well together at the end of the season. Gay is in his prime and Cortez has the talent. Let's not fall into the same "Our (blank) is the worst in the league" trap everyone does.

I do think that LeBeau was holding back the young guys. I do believe that it was LeBeau that would rather play the guys who were experienced in the system prior to letting the young guys into the game. Those issues rarely occurred on the offensive side.

Still missing a guy for that front 7 rebuild, imo.

Bessy67

It's not that much of a long shot. You guys have the best QB in football.
With Rodgers hobbling around on a peg leg and our defense as bad as it is against mobile quarterbacks I'd be surprised if we pull it off. Obviously we have a chance but I just don't see Rodgers getting the same kind of time to stand in the pocket like he did against Dallas, and I could easily see Russel Wilson rushing for a lot of yards.

I do think that LeBeau was holding back the young guys. I do believe that it was LeBeau that would rather play the guys who were experienced in the system prior to letting the young guys into the game. Those issues rarely occurred on the offensive side.

Still missing a guy for that front 7 rebuild, imo.

I think if we could get Worilds for cheap he would surprise us. Guy has had the misfortune of playing behind Cam Thomas and a green Tuitt.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think if we could get Worilds for cheap he would surprise us. Guy has had the misfortune of playing behind Cam Thomas and a green Tuitt.

Well, my issue with resigning Worilds was that LeBeau would play him in front of a promising draft pick just because he has experience in the system, hence stunting the development of the whole defense. With LeBeau gone, I have no more issues, I guess. Bring him back for a discounted rate with a contract that's easily cuttable and I'm ok with it.

Sephzilla

He will go into retirement a champion. Then the North will finally be up for grabs. Win win for everyone.

Lets be real, here. Half of the Packers' starting roster could retire going into next season and the Vikings would still finish last and the Lions would still find some way to lose the division.

Greg

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Rodgers is going to be enough to get the Packers over Seattle. The Packer defense needs to play the game of their lives next week in order to have a chance at winning.
Russ is going to set a rushing record

Colasante

Josh McDaniels is expected to stay with the Patriots. He's had an inconsistent season and by the end of it I was almost okay with him leaving and Brian Daboll taking over, but he called a hell of a game on Saturday, so I'm glad he's likely to stay.

Bowser

Take with a grain of salt, but former Panthers GM Marty Hurney, who is still close with John Fox, said this:

Bobby Rosinski @BobbyRosinski · 13m 13 minutes ago
Hurney just now said he thinks John Fox ends up coach of the Bears

_woLf

Hopefully FOX decides to broadcast the game in actual HD without a blue/green filter over the camera this time.

Top Bottom