• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Fox318

BsIIlT1.png

DM has an instagram account?

bionic77

I do think that LeBeau was holding back the young guys. I do believe that it was LeBeau that would rather play the guys who were experienced in the system prior to letting the young guys into the game. Those issues rarely occurred on the offensive side.

Still missing a guy for that front 7 rebuild, imo.
We need to draft guys from whatever planet Suggs came from.

That particular group of aliens is really good at football.

BigAT

VY got some other chances in training camps at least. After Minnesota Freeman just vanished.

Giants signed him at some point during the offseason after Minnesota, but he wasn't even good enough to cling onto the roster and make it into training camp. He got cut before it started.

Remember when fans were furious at Schiano for taking away his captain's role and benching him? I'll admit his methods of going about it were awful (if he actually did rig the voting), but people were actually upset about him "ruining" this great quarterback talent.

Sephzilla

MRSA

Banned
Broncos free agents: Demaryius & Julius Thomas, Terrance Knighton, Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Virgil Green, Welker, Nate Irving, Jacob Tamme. Elway has some work to do.

So their # 1 WR and all their TEs are free agents? Manning ain't coming back.

jakncoke

Banned
Not on a good team, mind you.

Doesn't he still have a winning record as a starter?

Do you really think at 31(32 by the time next season starts)and not playing for 4 years he'd be good enough to start in the NFL?

also lol 74.4 qb rating, more int than td and 149.4 yards per game average

Bread

Banned
Broncos free agents: Demaryius & Julius Thomas, Terrance Knighton, Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Virgil Green, Welker, Nate Irving, Jacob Tamme. Elway has some work to do.
Man they really broke the bank to win this year, I wonder how many of these guys they can retain.

Sephzilla

Do you really think at 31(32 by the time next season starts)and not playing for 4 years he'd be good enough to start in the NFL?

With a full training camp and stuff? Maybe? I dunno, I guess I always felt he didn't get a fair chance with the Titans. I think it's more just that I don't think highly of a large chunk of QBs in the league right now.

Patriots7

There's no way the Pats beat the Seahawks.

Maybe they can beat GB. Definitely the GB that played yesterday. McCourty on Adams and Harmon playing deep would be nice.

Pats v Colts should be fun though. Hope we can pull it off again.

Respect

What happened to Welker in DEN? Didn't see him on the field that much last night unless I missed it...certainly didn't get that many targets.

jakncoke

Banned
With a full training camp and stuff? Maybe? I dunno, I guess I always felt he didn't get a fair chance with the Titans. I think it's more just that I don't think highly of a large chunk of QBs in the league right now.

While i agree there is lack of talent. I dont see Vince Young as some magical savior to that problem.

Sephzilla

While i agree there is lack of talent. I dont see Vince Young as some magical savior to that problem.

He'd be a decent fill in for a team that's rebuilding and needs to draft a real QB yet. At the worst I think he'd make a decent backup. Was kind of surprised the Cardinals never tried to call him when they had a revolving door of QBs.

I'm also one of those weird people who thinks Brett Favre could still be a top 15 QB if he came back. So take my word for what you think it's worth

There's no way the Pats beat the Seahawks.

Maybe they can beat GB. Definitely the GB that played yesterday. McCourty on Adams and Harmon playing deep would be nice.

Pats v Colts should be fun though. Hope we can pull it off again.

I think Packers vs Patriots would be a more fun to watch and competitive game than Packers vs Seahawks, at least from a fan perspective.

Draxal

Josh McDaniels is expected to stay with the Patriots. He's had an inconsistent season and by the end of it I was almost okay with him leaving and Brian Daboll taking over, but he called a hell of a game on Saturday, so I'm glad he's likely to stay.

I'm already resigned to the Patriots drafting Tyler Kroft from Rutgers who was coached by Ben McDaniels.

jakncoke

Banned
He'd be a decent fill in for a team that's rebuilding and needs to draft a real QB yet. At the worst I think he'd make a decent backup. Was kind of surprised the Cardinals never tried to call him when they had a revolving door of QBs.

I'm also one of those weird people who thinks Brett Favre could still be a top 15 QB if he came back. So take my word for what you think it's worth

I think Packers vs Patriots would be a more fun to watch and competitive game than Packers vs Seahawks, at least from a fan perspective.

old-favre-reddit.jpg

Just saw the news about Peyton's injury. Makes perfect sense. We joke about his arm noodling, but good NFL qbs throw with with their base as much as their arm. Timeline matches up pretty much perfectly.

I imagine he'll play next year if and only if he can get himself back into top form. If he can't, we might have seen the last of Peyton.

Which would be a shame. Hopefully he can get back out there for a few more years.

Zeke

Kinghton and Franklin are interesting. Cowboys need dline help and an upgrade at right tackle.

Greg

Didn't you guys move Clay to solve some of your running D issues?

I can't wait for this game dammit. The game being at 12 is such a weird time though.
that whole Clay move is a bit overblown

line has played better in general, but that won't save them from scramblin' Russ

MechDX

Before everyone starts making decisions about poaching Broncos free agents:

0U7AOc8.png

Their cap space is not bad and you have to contend with the teams at the top of the list

Top Bottom