• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

ZRLXzqf.gif

GRONK GRONK

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
How can you not be given Belichick's existence? If he didn't make a deal with Satan and drank from his cursed chalice for NFL success, then who did he make that deal with??

Even dega is on the bandwagon! I'm not sure he's aware of it yet but he is, I swear.

Nope, all I know is im gonna cheer for whoever wins the NFC.

Zeke

Yea but those teams at the top all suck shit mech Colts being the exception. No one wants to play for those teams unless they want to cash in. I think a lot depends on pey pey coming back too.

MechDX

Yea but those teams at the top all suck shit mech Colts being the exception. No one wants to play for those teams unless they want to cash in. I think a lot depends on pey pey coming back too.

For most of these players it is their only shot at a big payday so yeah, most of them are going where the money is. You will have a few scattered vets that just want to win but not most.

Texans CB Kareem Jackson is the perfect example. He is a good CB and has shown improvement every year and only 26 years old. I think he is #2 on the Texans priority list to resign but one of those tops 5 teams will make a crazy offer to him because good CB's are not easy to come by.

Miami has no cap thanks to Money Mike and Ellerbee, cripes.

Don't forget you also need to remove 4 million to sign draft picks. Spend that $724K wisely

Tom Penny

What other injuries did Manning have because he was average at best against the Rams, KC and Bills in a 3 out of 4 game stretch too prior to the SD game.

bionic77

They beat women and attempt to murder infants on that planet. No, thank you.
Lets not judge a whole species based on one asshole!

Also, posting pictures in which you use photoshop to enlarge ass and breasteses is horrible. Anyone who does that is a bad person.

Syrinx

Before everyone starts making decisions about poaching Broncos free agents:

0U7AOc8.png

Their cap space is not bad and you have to contend with the teams at the top of the list
It bears repeating; lol Saints.

Also how do the Pats expect to keep Revis with that ugly cap?

Respect

I am assuming that graph includes his ugly salary for next year. He signed a 2 year deal that actually costs the pats over 20 million against the cap next year I think.

Colasante

Patriots are in fine position with the cap. They'll restructure Jerod Mayo's contract or release him, Aaron Hernandez's dead money will come off the books, and Revis' $20 million cap hit will be reduced whether he's resigned or released. They won't sign expensive free agents but they have the money to retain their own players that they want.

Fantomex

For most of these players it is their only shot at a big payday so yeah, most of them are going where the money is. You will have a few scattered vets that just want to win but not most.

Texans CB Kareem Jackson is the perfect example. He is a good CB and has shown improvement every year and only 26 years old. I think he is #2 on the Texans priority list to resign but one of those tops 5 teams will make a crazy offer to him because good CB's are not easy to come by.

Don't forget you also need to remove 4 million to sign draft picks. Spend that $724K wisely

Well at least we can laugh at the jets next season

JNA

Banned
Before everyone starts making decisions about poaching Broncos free agents:

0U7AOc8.png

Their cap space is not bad and you have to contend with the teams at the top of the list

Dat $25 mill cap space for the Packers. Too bad we never use that money on free agents besides our own. :p

And wow on the Chiefs. Can they still use that franchise tag on Justin Houston?

Sephzilla

Dat $25 mill cap space for the Packers. Too bad we never use that money on free agents besides our own. :p

And wow on the Chiefs. Can they still use that franchise tag on Justin Houston?

That's what I hope Ted uses it for. That or buy a real defense since he can't seem to draft one.

JNA

Banned
That's what I hope Ted uses it for. That or buy a real defense since he can't seem to draft one.

Indeed. I imagine Cobb will get paid. As for the rest, any good linebackers or linemen going into free agency besides Houston who I assume will get franchise tagged?

cdyhybrid

Thats the beginning of the end.

Before that happens just make sure neither the Packers nor Pats win the Superbowl!

I can't trust the Colts with something this important. :(

We'll try!

And I'm okay with signing away the next ten years if we can win back-to-back Super Bowls!

Kind of a no lose situation. It's not like you can overpay an actual leader and QB of your team. I think he'll make great money and it will still be healthy on the team most likely.

Yeah, we have most of our core already re-signed, so it's not as crippling as other huge QB contracts have been (at least, not until those previous contracts are up in 4-5 years). We'll need to keep nailing draft picks to continue to contend, though. Going to be hard to sign good FAs for depth purposes after this season.

MechDX

Indeed. I imagine Cobb will get paid. As for the rest, any good linebackers or linemen going into free agency besides Houston who I assume will get franchise tagged?

174c7afcbcc25abff5add5a89ea867e7.jpg

Brooks Reed, OLB. Cant pass rush for shit but is great at setting the edge and stuffing the run. he would also give the Packers two linebackers with flowing blonde hair

Bowser

I think Cobb will be an interesting decision. Packers have shown a propensity to let WRs go (Walker, Jennings) if they deem them too expensive. Given they just gave Jordy a big contract and the emergence of Adams late in the season, I could see the Packers letting Cobb walk if his demands aren't in line with what the Packers a willing to pay.

Rodgers/Nelson/Lacy big 3 with Adams taking over for Cobb is still a potent offense.

Personally, I would love Cobb on the Panthers as the #2 WR to Benjamin and a weapon in the return game, but we're still a little cap strapped and both Cam and Luke are going to get paid in the next two offseasons.

Torrey Smith could be an intriguing and cheaper option for the Panthers.

Tom Penny

I expect the Pats would have to make Revis the highest paid CB in the game to retain him therefore I fully expect him to not be a Patriot. I'd love that rare exception but I'm not holding my breathe. I'd overpay on a 3 year and guarantee nearly all of it but they don't do that..

Spinluck

So will Belichick opt to take the checkdown away from Luck? Or TY? Or both?

I feel like focusing on the checkdown gives Allen and Fleener more opportunities. The checkdowns and improved protection have helped Luck tremendously this postseason.

MechDX

I feel like focusing on the checkdown gives Allen and Fleener more opportunities. The checkdowns and improved protection have helped Luck tremendously this postseason.

You take away Hilton. Hit him at the line and don't let him get in any type of rhythm with Luck.

Sephzilla

Brooks Reed, OLB. Cant pass rush for shit but is great at setting the edge and stuffing the run. he would also give the Packers two linebackers with flowing blonde hair

So he's basically AJ Hawk but can actually do his job? I'd be okay with signing him.

I think Cobb will be an interesting decision. Packers have shown a propensity to let WRs go (Walker, Jennings) if they deem them too expensive. Given they just gave Jordy a big contract and the emergence of Adams late in the season, I could see the Packers letting Cobb walk if his demands aren't in line with what the Packers a willing to pay.

Rodgers/Nelson/Lacy big 3 with Adams taking over for Cobb is still a potent offense.

Personally, I would love Cobb on the Panthers as the #2 WR to Benjamin and a weapon in the return game, but we're still a little cap strapped and both Cam and Luke are going to get paid in the next two offseasons.

Javon Walker was entirely a byproduct of Brett Favre and so far Greg Jennings has turned out to be a byproduct of Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure if Cobb is the next in that line, but I think Cobb has better raw intangibles than either of those past two did. I also think Cobb has a slightly better head on his shoulders and might value winning games more so than getting paid (I'll probably get proven wrong here though). I personally think the Packers should throw some money and keep Cobb, though, because the only thing better than having Rodgers/Nelson/Adams/Lacy is having Rodgers/Nelson/Adams/Cobb/Lacy.

njean777

Kareem can come to the Eagles... I mean Houston to philly seems pretty normal at this point :p

JNA

Banned

Torrey Smith could be an intriguing and cheaper option for the Panthers.

True and with Rodgers, it hardly matters who are our recievers are. He will make them look like pro bowlers. (Just ask James Jones XD)

Speaking of the Panthers, are you guys gonna keep Greg Hardy?

Mayo and Amendola account for about $17 million in cap space according to a Google search, I imagine those either get restructured or they end up getting cut. Also I may be wrong but doesn't the cap hit for Hernandez finally come off the books next season?

Respect

I have a feeling they will focus on Hilton and Fleener.

Arc

Pats will have plenty of room. Hernandez money comes off the books and that current number is deceiving because of the huge second year in Revis' contract that they'll never pay.

Spinluck

You take away Hilton. Hit him at the line and don't let him get in any type of rhythm with Luck.

Yeah.

He will probably go with Hilton, give up the checkdowns and trust his LBs to make the tackles.

Talib was trash and got schooled yesterday, and both the Bengals (TY also couldn't catch shit) and Broncos failed to completely take Hilton away. But I credit Pep for moving him around and finding ways to get him the ball.

Fleener tends to show up against the Pats gonna have to step up big time and make contested catches that he couldn't reel-in in the past. Daniels had a great game against him sans TD drop, maybe he can emulate that.

I would be surprised if they put Revis on gimped Wayne like they did last time. Outside of throwing some great run blocks he hasn't really done anything this postseason.

MechDX

Pats will have plenty of room. Hernandez money comes off the books and that current number is deceiving because of the huge second year in Revis' contract that they'll never pay.

That chart does account for Hernandez coming off the books.

bionic77

Believe friend. Believe.

GO SEAHAWKS!!
:lol

Give me something to believe in!

Your team just doesn't have any talent.

Watching the Seahawks this week just reinforced my belief in them being the best team in the land. They just look so much more athletic on defense than any other players. I think they are going to curb stop fragile Fraudgers and expose Tammy the way they did Peyton last year. It will be closer than that SB because the cheat will exploit some shit, but at the end of the day the better team usually wins.

We'll try!

And I'm okay with signing away the next ten years if we can win back-to-back Super Bowls!
Everyone will take that deal.

But honestly it won't be Wussle that ends it. It is the draft. To be elite you have to keep hitting homeruns and get lucky in the draft. Once that dries up the writing is on the wall. Players get old really fast in this league.

TheFatOne

Yessir. Unfortunatley they won't be able to add anyone else unless they take a discount. They could really use a DE/OLB to bolster that front 7. This upcoming draft should all be oline,dline, and DE/OLB

Top Bottom