• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Jarate

Banned
Packers will also save some dosh by cutting AJ Hawk and Brad Jones

They need to save some money to resign their O-lineman, Cobb and maybe have enough dosh to maybe get a competent MLB

Tom Penny

So will Belichick opt to take the checkdown away from Luck? Or TY? Or both?

I feel like focusing on the checkdown gives Allen and Fleener more opportunities. The checkdowns and improved protection have helped Luck tremendously this postseason.

Only thing I'm pretty sure of is that stopping the run isn't a big priority. Browner got murdered covering TE's in that game so hopefully it can't get worse than that.

Bread

Banned
1419624876279.jpg

loooooooooool

Crisco

Banned
I think Cobb will be an interesting decision. Packers have shown a propensity to let WRs go (Walker, Jennings) if they deem them too expensive. Given they just gave Jordy a big contract and the emergence of Adams late in the season, I could see the Packers letting Cobb walk if his demands aren't in line with what the Packers a willing to pay.

Rodgers/Nelson/Lacy big 3 with Adams taking over for Cobb is still a potent offense.

Personally, I would love Cobb on the Panthers as the #2 WR to Benjamin and a weapon in the return game, but we're still a little cap strapped and both Cam and Luke are going to get paid in the next two offseasons.

Torrey Smith could be an intriguing and cheaper option for the Panthers.

How are Cobb's hands? What Cam needs more than anything is a slot receiver who can reliably get open underneath and catch the ball. Deep threats are nice, but the way this team plays, we need to move the chains in short yardage situations.

Bowser

Speaking of the Panthers, are you guys gonna keep Greg Hardy?

Nope.

How are Cobb's hands? What Cam needs more than anything is a slot receiver who can reliably get open underneath and catch the ball. Deep threats are nice, but the way this team plays, we need to move the chains in short yardage situations.

I think they're pretty good. This isn't exactly the same thing, but a good proxy is targets. Cobb's caught 227 of 307 career targets (74%).

Honestly I think Cobb would be the #1 to Kelvin's #2

Yeah that's probably right. I was gonna put 1A to Kelvin's 1B, but same thing.

Spinluck

:lol

Give me something to believe in!

Your team just doesn't have any talent.

Watching the Seahawks this week just reinforced my belief in them being the best team in the land. They just look so much more athletic on defense than any other players. I think they are going to curb stop fragile Fraudgers and expose Tammy the way they did Peyton last year. It will be closer than that SB because the cheat will exploit some shit, but at the end of the day the better team usually wins.

Not only would I love to watch that defense break the Pats, but I think I'd enjoy Wussle stylin' on them and Lynch running all up in dat ass. I actually like Rodgers (sorry he took an SB from you guys) but that regular season game against the Pats was too damn close! We need athletic freaks like the Hawks to beat them.

Only thing I'm pretty sure of is that stopping the run isn't a big priority. Browner got murdered covering TE's in that game so hopefully it can't get worse than that.

I have already rewatched the Week 11 matchup because there is still a small part of me that believes! It's like 85/15--will likely go down during the week. It is clear they don't give a fuck when we run it. Unless it's near goal line, ya'll committing to pass nearly 90% of the time.

Fleener reminds me of a young inferior Dallas Clark if he was a bit of a pussy with long hair, but he's coming along great this season. Waaayyyyy better than what he was even a year ago. Needs to be a bit more consistent in traffic and a better blocker. Allen needs to have a big game too, it will be interesting because while it seems like all Bill does is take TY away--he does something different every time we play his team. It is kind of amazing how he seems to take away whatever is working for us at that point and time.

Fuck em'.

bionic77

Not only would I love to watch that defense break the Pats, but I think I'd enjoy Wussle stylin' on them and Lynch running all up in dat ass. I actually like Rodgers (sorry he took an SB from you guys) but that regular season game against the Pats was too damn close! We need athletic freaks like the Hawks to beat them.
If it is Hawk/Pats and the Hawks are destroying them I am pretty sure I am going to get thrown out of my buddies SB party.

I am unable to handle that amount of awesome without it spilling over!

Lets hope it doesn't come to that and we get Colts/Hawks. That way no matter who wins I won't care and I can just enjoy the game.

Crisco

Banned
Nope.

I think they're pretty good. This isn't exactly the same thing, but a good proxy is targets. Cobb's caught 227 of 307 career targets (74%).

Yeah that's probably right. I was gonna put 1A to Kelvin's 1B, but same thing.

I just think he'll be too expensive for the role he'd play on this team. I'd rather spend that money on a LT and go after a less marquee receiver.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Rodgers is going to be enough to get the Packers over Seattle. The Packer defense needs to play the game of their lives next week in order to have a chance at winning.
The Packers should have no excuse getting Lacy going on the ground. Then Rodgers should go off in the 2nd half on a more tired defense.

Key to the game is turnover battle.

As I said previously, use Matthews to spy Wilson, let everyone else do their jobs. Play dime.

KaYotiX

Banned
Love it Bucket, one of your best yet!!!

GO PACK GO!!!

Need a huge game from Lacy and that o-line again!! Also praying Rodgers calf stays ok.

Bowser

I just think he'll be too expensive for the role he'd play on this team. I'd rather spend that money on a LT and go after a less marquee receiver.

You can't just say you'd "rather spend that money on a LT" though. Have you seen the FA class?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-offensive-tackles/

Bulaga would be nice, but I doubt the Packers let him walk (I'm certain they'd prioritize Bulaga over Cobb). After that, King Dunlap could be an intriguing option, although caveat that this is the first season he started 16 games in his career. Michael Roos if healthy would be a nice vet stopgap to mentor a first round draft pick.

If you're not signing one of those 3, well...there's really no one else worth signing. I would rather spend $$$ on a proven difference maker and draft an OT on a cost-controlled contract than splurge for a mediocre at best LT.

Even if Hardy beats his criminal trial (which is a pretty big if), you still have to deal with paying probably double digit salary for a guy that hasn't been in football for basically a year with loads and loads of baggage.

If we didn't have capable pass rushers here still with Ealy/Horton/Addison/Alexander (who, albeit, are all much more situationally good compared to Hardy who gives you every-down and inside/outside flexibility that's rare of a DE) I think we might have rolled the dice with him, but now?

He'll probably be Oakland's headache to deal with.

Tom Penny

I have already rewatched the Week 11 matchup because there is still a small part of me that believes! It's like 85/15--will likely go down during the week. It is clear they don't give a fuck when we run it. Unless it's near goal line, ya'll committing to pass nearly 90% of the time.

Fleener reminds me of a young inferior Dallas Clark if he was a bit of a pussy with long hair, but he's coming along great this season. Waaayyyyy better than what he was even a year ago. Needs to be a bit more consistent in traffic and a better blocker. Allen needs to have a big game too, it will be interesting because while it seems like all Bill does is take TY away--he does something different every time we play his team. It is kind of amazing how he seems to take away whatever is working for us at that point and time.

Fuck em'.

Well Pats failed miserably at stopping the run against the Ravens when they tried to so it's an option. I said it earlier though. At this stage teams are what they are I think. I can't see the Colts flipping their entire year of basically slanging it to suddenly playing a super balanced attack although that is how teams have beaten the Pats. Press man ball control. I guess we'll find out.

Sephzilla

The Packers should have no excuse getting Lacy going on the ground. Then Rodgers should go off in the 2nd half on a more tired defense.

As I said previously, use Matthews to spy Wilson, let everyone else do their jobs. Play dime.

On offense my main concern is McCarthy trying to get too cute with the play calling. I agree with you though, in the first half they need to pound the defense with Lacy and then have Rodgers scorch them in the second half after Seattle's defense is tired
and Rodger's calf is loose

What are Pack fans' opinions of Lacy 2 years in?

I think he's the best back we've had since, I dunno, prime Ahman Green? Dorsey Levens?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lol I'm never angry at other people's opinions. Our team is young and that just how they operate. They love the whole "xxx media said this about us". Kind of like how Brady will never let go of being drafted so low. That's most of our team, especially that 2012 draft class.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think Russell is damn good, he's just so young we have to wait and see how it all plays out. To be fair I feel similar to luck, and I should've included I'm not quite sure, only it's harder with him given he's the 1 overall, and to be fair to him, he's had a lot more put on his shoulders, that seahawks team would compete with just about anyone back there. Russell also hasn't got a chance to show us what he really can do with some actual weapons, and that's crazy to think about.

Any Bobs Burgers fans? Season 6 confirmed!

Bowser

Even if Hardy beats his criminal trial (which is a pretty big if), you still have to deal with paying probably double digit salary for a guy that hasn't been in football for basically a year with loads and loads of baggage.

If we didn't have capable pass rushers here still with Ealy/Horton/Addison/Alexander (who, albeit, are all much more situationally good compared to Hardy who gives you every-down and inside/outside flexibility that's rare of a DE) I think we might have rolled the dice with him, but now?

He'll probably be Oakland's headache to deal with.

It's not even worth the carpel tunnel to entertain the thought. My guess is we go into camp with CJ and Alexander as the starting ends, Ealy as the top rotational guy, and probably supplement the position with a mid-round pick (3rd/4th).

bionic77

The only way the Packers win is if the Hawks choke and the Packers pull something out of their diseased assholes.

This is pretty much the same analysis I have for the Colts.

You guys are fucked unless Lacy turns into Bell by the weekend. He is your only hope and we all know he isn't going to do enough.

Kiryu

And throw to Sherman's side. ;)

Spinluck

The views and opinions of IcyRhythms do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Colts-GAF.

Spinluck (Part-Time Greeter), Narag (General Manager), Squicken (Seasonal/Temporary Fan).

Signed: Spinluck

Signed: Narag

Sephzilla

The only way the Packers win is if the Hawks choke and the Packers pull something out of their diseased assholes.

This is pretty much the same analysis I have for the Colts.

You guys are fucked unless Lacy turns into Bell by the weekend. He is your only hope and we all know he isn't going to do enough.

The Packers defense is the key. They need to limit the Seahawks to a few short drives in order to have any kind of a chance. If Lynch gets going the Packers are boned. If they can hold the Seakhawks to around 20 points then the Packers have a shot.

Top Bottom