• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Can't wait to see Lynch stomping around in these tomorrow. Sick.

0116-sub-marshawn-lynch-golden-shoes-tmz-sports-4.jpg

Hunter S.

Romo went td for td with Manning in 2013 with less line, no rb, and a injured Dez.

Rodgers is the best qb and has been for a few years now. He should have two super bowl rings but the officials missed a facemask call against the Cardinals a few years ago.

Fuck man, making me explain why Rodgers>Peyton
2013 was the year of 55 touchdowns. I am done until tomorrow.

I called the cops and a friend posted shit about it online.

I was walking to my car from a friend's apartment after going to see the Red Wings and a car did a rolling stop, I thought it was a drunk girl going to yell drunk girl things at me, but it was a dude who had a revolver-looking gun in his hand.

I obviously tried to book it and curl up because that was my natural reaction and fired a couple of shots at me. Since I had time to start running, he missed me twice, but one hit me straight in the back. As I didn't feel moral peril I figured out it wasn't a real gun but a bb/buckshot gun. After checking with a friend, I have a giant red welt on my back.

The cops said other people have called about them.

I just didn't need this shit right fucking now.
Woah fuck that... :(

I hope that wound wont cause problems

Go NFC!

Can't root for Pats or Colts, although I suppose I'd rather not even see Brady in the Super Bowl at all.

I feel like Packers are going to win tomorrow though. It's just a feeling, but so much of the narrative is Rodgers injured vs LOB, and I can see him roping us all in just to have amazing game.

JABEE

I was walking to my car from a friend's apartment after going to see the Red Wings and a car did a rolling stop, I thought it was a drunk girl going to yell drunk girl things at me, but it was a dude who had a revolver-looking gun in his hand.

I obviously tried to book it and curl up because that was my natural reaction and fired a couple of shots at me. Since I had time to start running, he missed me twice, but one hit me straight in the back. As I didn't feel moral peril I figured out it wasn't a real gun but a bb/buckshot gun. After checking with a friend, I have a giant red welt on my back.

That's scary. Hope you're okay.

JNA

Banned
Well...This is it. One more sleep and some hours before we either hug or kill.

Kick some ass Rodgers! Go Packers!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Glad you're safe, hope they catch those assholes. The fact that booking it was your natural reaction is something not all people have. I had a knife pulled out on me 4 years ago or so expecting a fair fight and then guy pulled out a knife and I completely froze up. Was not expecting that and I was in a very public gas station.

FTF

Wow, shit man that sucks. Glad it wasn't a real gun and hopefully nothing like this happens again.

So the Colt backup who probably committed rape is in jail. Colt Trent Truck is staying home for "personal reasons". And now Colt Nixon missed his flight and the team won't let him play as an example.

Why are teams so insistent on giving the Patriots help when they don't need it?

Spinluck

So the Colt backup who probably committed rape is in jail. Colt Trent Truck is staying home for "personal reasons". And now Colt Nixon missed his flight and the team won't let him play as an example.

I can't remember the last time I wanted to win a game this badly.

:(

Badgerst3

Shit- hoping Arod can dump the ball in less than 2 seconds.

Hawks D is fast as hell. Kuhn gonna be busy picking up blocks.

Thinking it will come down to Lynch containment and secondary stepping up for at least one turnover.

JNA

Banned

Thinking it will come down to Lynch containment and secondary stepping up for at least one turnover.

The offensive line is gonna have to play like their lives depended on it.

Then we have to hope the defense from the Packers vs Pats game shows up and contains Wilson in the pocket while having Lynch not run all over us.

All It takes is one game yo. I believe!

Our DLine is pretty overrated. We get very little pressure up front and generally get sacks from speeding around the tackles.

Keys to the game:

- McCarthy's gameplan (rely on Lacy, run on 1st down)
- Lacy/Offensive Line's performance
- Time of Possession
- McCarthy not calling an onside kick
- Rodgers' calf holding up

Seattle plays old fashioned football. Just need to go out and punch them in the mouth.

Badgerst3

Our DLine is pretty overrated. We get very little pressure up front and generally get sacks from speeding around the tackles.

If Rodgers has to roll out of the pocket less than 5 times- things may be good.

He will be so full of cortisone, he won't feel his calf until Tuesday.

It's our secondary and run containment that worry me.

(And after Cowboys- maybe dropped passes).

Actual key to the game, IMO:

Can the Pack D stop (or even slow down) the Seattle rushing game without selling out and letting Russell throw all over them.

There's a chance Seattle gets points on every possession they don't turn it over. There's also a chance that Brad Jones missed the flight and the defense looks competent for large stretches of the game.

One of these scenarios requires Rodgers to play like god for GB to have a chance, the other is a much more winnable game.

Keys to the game:

- Time of Possession

Seattle plays old fashioned football. Just need to go out and punch them in the mouth.

Feed Kuhn the ball. Get them wear and tear. Or have Aaron go Chip Kelly style on time possession

Yep, that is indeed important. They need to contain Marshawn, everything flows through him.

I was mentioning offense because Capers has shown up all season and the defense showed up in last years' playoffs in partic.

@sf2
They tried hurry up in Week 1, same with short passes. Didn't work then, don't see how it'd work with hobbled Ay-Ay-Ron despite the general improvement.

JABEE

Glad you're safe, hope they catch those assholes. The fact that booking it was your natural reaction is something not all people have. I had a knife pulled out on me 4 years ago or so expecting a fair fight and then guy pulled out a knife and I completely froze up. Was not expecting that and I was in a very public gas station.

Why were you getting into a fist fight?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Whoever wins that first game, I'm going to troll the other fanbase. Win/win for me.

And while I'll be rooting for the Colts, I don't think they keep it within 4 scores.

Just waiting for the games. Actually sucked today with no football. Even though there was the East-West game but that game sucked until last quarter

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Keys to the game:

- Time of Possession

Main key IMO, obviously. Lacy didn't have a good game against the Seahawks Week 1 but McCarthys gameplan was pretty bad.

The Packers seemed to play scared and didn't pass as much as I thought they would. Seemed like they let the vaunted Seahawks secondary (and they're great) dictate the game. Attack and attack early through the air but we'll see how Rodgers calf is.

Seahawks DL isn't great and has some injuries. They have no excuse not to have better success this time with a sharper Lacy and improved OL. Carolina had a good amount of success on the ground.

Yes, they played scared, but it wouldn't have mattered when Derek Sherrod came into the game.

AkuMifune

Banned
I just drunkenly called an online betting site and demanded they give me 1200 to One odds on $6.66 dollars for Matt Flynn to score a touchdown and the Packers to win.

Trey

Bucket what kind of mickey mouse organization do you owe money to that they send goons with BB guns to roll on you at traffic stops?

Glad you're okay.

JABEE

Bucket what kind of mickey mouse organization do you owe money to that they send goons with BB guns to roll on you at traffic stops?

Glad you're okay.
I heard the shooter was wearing a Tom Brady jersey and flashing his Rolex.

I wish packers would pull out that gameplan new england did on jaguars in 08 playoffs. Brady was like 26/28 and didnt do nothing but through 3 yard passes the whole game. I know yall dont wanna hear it but we should do that.

FTF

I'm starting to get a little nervous that everything is pointing to a Pats win :/

Not just the above, but their past few games together, etc. I was freaking out last week before the Ravens game but am fine atm...hope the Pats just dominate the game and not cause a near heart attack like last week...just get the win regardless though. And start fast for once!

Pats 34 - Colts 24

Go Pats!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why were you getting into a fist fight?

Cliffnotes version:

-I don't start fights, this was one I could not avoid.
-I was working two jobs at the time, worked 12 hours, picked up a buddy, he went into the AMPM to grab a swisher during my stoner days
-I pull up next to this car and happen to look at the guy in the passanger seat I wasn't sure if I knew him or if he was mean mugging
-Looked back at him just to see if I maybe knew him, didn't and said "fuck you" to me through the window and gets out, and starts walking toard my car.
-I felt threatned because I knew I was dealing with a gangmember but I was actually in a nice area.
-My 6'5, Albanian ass steps out and he sees I tower over him and will probably win in self defense.
-Another dude that I didn't even see because the backseat windows were tinted comes out and I was prepared for a 2 on 1 fight before my friend got back.
-He pulls out a switchblade and says "Escondido X3." At that point it was some young dudes and I knew it was no joke, and I had heard of the gang itself. Before the knife I was prepared for the fight, after the knife got pulled out relatively close to me, I froze up and put my hands up and said something to the effect "Sorry, didn't think it was going to be this serious." Right at the time my friend runs out of the store, screams something and the guy without the knife punches me in the jaw, they get in the car and drive off. The driver was a girl and they got out quick.

Everything happened so fast I still don't understand why/how I froze up. Cops came within 2 minutes or so, I gave a description, what gang they were from but AFAIK nothing ever came up. Dont know what I would've done in Buckets situation with a percieved gun but thats some serious, scary, not funny shit.

Watching the game with some good Packer friends of mine tomorrow. Don't really care either way but I'd like to see the Patriots win it all. NFLGAF can say what it wants but another Brady ring cemets him above Manning easily and in the Top 3 QBs of all time. Do it for gata.

Top Bottom