• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Move Rodgers to #2, soon #1, put Luck at #5, keep Wilson at #3 and Stafford at #4. Age has to be taken into account and that's why we're not seeing seasoned vets like Manning and Brees on the list.

Are there any drugs that you aren't on right now?

JNA

Banned
B7mCRATCAAA5Vn3.jpg:large

KuGsj.gif

giphy.gif

Bread

Banned
Rodgers also has a gun for an arm. He can move and hit receivers with accurate throws beyond 20 yards.

Rodgers is a much better passer and runner.
Brady actually added mobility to his game this season, as crazy as that sounds. Not saying he's a decent runner, just saying he isn't a statue out there.

brentech

arrested-development-gif-4.gif

Kas acting like a field goal is worst case scenario... Apparently delusional to their field goal kicking this year. And their offense as a whole.

Bessy67

Brady actually added mobility to his game this season, as crazy as that sounds. Not saying he's a decent runner, just saying he isn't a statue out there.
I wouldn't say he added it, he was forced to move a bit more this year. His o-line isn't quite at the god-tier level it's been for most of his career anymore.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Your D carried Stafford to the Playoffs Luck carried the Colts. A big difference.

Again, I'm not trying to downplay that Luck is a hell of a QB, but IMO Stafford has a better arm, and pocket presense. Something about Lucks throwing motion has always bothered me. Luck has him in mobility though but thats not always a positive.

GoldenTateTD.gif

AllAffectionateEeve.gif

The way that Stafford aludes the shitty offensive line play, avoids the rush goes through his reads and slings it is a skill few QBs have and at 26 he's just hitting his prime.

Either way Stafford is an elite QB and one of the best under 30 QBs in the game along with Luck and Wilson. I wish we got to play the Titans, Jags and Texans twice a year.

jfc

Do you even watch football?

Do you even read thread OPs? This one is the winner's circle. This week we are either Patriots, Packers, Hawks, or Colts fans, or we are in the offseason thread of circular shame. Embrace your fate, L (that's for loser, which the lions were, are, and until further evidence will continue to be)

TheFatOne

I wouldn't say he added it, he was forced to move a bit more this year. His o-line isn't quite at the god-tier level it's been for most of his career anymore.

I don't think this is the correct assessment. He didn't add more mobility because of the oline this year, but he added it because of how terrible they were last season. He knew coming in he couldn't just sit back in the pocket. Since the oline this season has been average you are seeing him move more, but it really started because of last season.

Hunter S.

Again, I'm not trying to downplay that Luck is a hell of a QB, but IMO Stafford has a better arm, and pocket presense. Something about Lucks throwing motion has always bothered me. Luck has him in mobility though but thats not always a positive.

GoldenTateTD.gif

AllAffectionateEeve.gif

The way that Stafford aludes the shitty offensive line play, avoids the rush goes through his reads and slings it is a skill few QBs have and at 26 he's just hitting his prime.

Either way Stafford is an elite QB and one of the best under 30 QBs in the game along with Luck and Wilson. I wish we got to play the Titans, Jags and Texans twice a year.
AFC East and South are rarly competitions. This is one of the worst aspects of the AFC. NFC South was pretty horrible this year too. The worst division.

Edit:I will admidt that Stafford is is a good, allusive QB. I would be happy to get him when Peyton quits.

zychi

Banned

You fools are falling right into ESPNS's TMZ trap. They say stupid shit to get people to talk about them, which leads to them watching their shit shows.

Rodgers is far and away the best QB in the league, he has been for two years now.

You fools are falling right into ESPNS's TMZ trap. They say stupid shit to get people to talk about them, which leads to them watching their shit shows.

Rodgers is far and away the best QB in the league, he has been for two years now.

Go Hawks

We are all Seahawks and Pats fans

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas seriously shut the fuck up already

You first Bead.

arrested-development-gif-4.gif

Kas acting like a field goal is worst case scenario... Apparently delusional to their field goal kicking this year. And their offense as a whole.

Did you forget we signed Matt Prater after the Bills loss? He most likely would've made it inside the 30 yard line in a dome.

Either way Stafford deserves his props. When he had that awesome 2011 playoff it was only because of Megatron (it was partially but he distributed the ball to decent #2 and #3 recievers). This past playoff season it was only because of the defense, not Golden Tate or the comeback wins (and they get credit too). GMs and coaches around the NFL would take him in a heartbeat as their franchise QB (my estimate would be 25/32 teams). He doesn't get as much attention as other QBs cause he doesn't seek attention as much other QBs.

Glad to have him as our franchise QB.

Hunter S.

Jnc: 55 touchdowns and many other offensive records by the Broncos says lol. Rodgers was not playing a lot of last year, dude.

brentech

Pot meets kettle

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Do you even read thread OPs? This one is the winner's circle. This week we are either Patriots, Packers, Hawks, or Colts fans, or we are in the offseason thread of circular shame. Embrace your fate, L (that's for loser, which the lions were, are, and until further evidence will continue to be)

We may have lost because of a BS penalty but a team can't be a loser with a franchise QB.

Just getting my confidence back after that crushing loss. And you know what gives me that confidence? The fact we have a young, stud of a franchise QB. The Roar has not been Restored but it will.

He is. I've always respected the greatness of Tom Brady, and Spygate is honestly nonsense, trolling aside, but Brady has another year or two in him. A smart GM takes the proven, young 26 year old QB.

My prediction for tommorow:

GB @ SEA

GB with the upset through Lacy clock management and some Rodgers heroics. Going to be tough on the road, obviously, but I think the Packers somehow win it on Rodgers hobbled leg.

IND @ NE

Patriots being at home and the Colts not managing to do shit this whole season against decent teams. The blowout loss at Dallas showed me they have a lot of work to do in the offseason from defense to offensive line to of course getting a RB.

Lucks 41.7 QBR against the Cowboys ain't going to cut it against the Pats.

I called the cops and a friend posted shit about it online.

I was walking to my car from a friend's apartment after going to see the Red Wings and a car did a rolling stop, I thought it was a drunk girl going to yell drunk girl things at me, but it was a dude who had a revolver-looking gun in his hand.

I obviously tried to book it and curl up because that was my natural reaction and fired a couple of shots at me. Since I had time to start running, he missed me twice, but one hit me straight in the back. As I didn't feel moral peril I figured out it wasn't a real gun but a bb/buckshot gun. After checking with a friend, I have a giant red welt on my back.

The cops said other people have called about them.

I just didn't need this shit right fucking now.

zychi

Banned
Jnc: 55 touchdowns and many other offensive records by the Broncos says lol. Rodgers was not playing a lot of last year, dude.

JNC

Put Romo on that Den team and he breaks those same records.

Put Rodgers? Christ, he'd probably break 100.

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is insane. Hasn't thrown a pick at Lambeau in over a year.

Why are you making me stick up for a Packer?

zychi

Banned
So my diet/healthy bulk has been going great since Thanksgiving(not counting NYE), decided to get Taco Bell tonight because of a gift card I had. Huge mistake, I feel like garbage now.

I was walking to my car from a friend's apartment after going to see the Red Wings and a car did a rolling stop, I thought it was a drunk girl going to yell drunk girl things at me, but it was a dude who had a revolver-looking gun in his hand.

I obviously tried to book it and curl up because that was my natural reaction and fired a couple of shots at me. Since I had time to start running, he missed me twice, but one hit me straight in the back. As I didn't feel moral peril I figured out it wasn't a real gun but a bb/buckshot gun. After checking with a friend, I have a giant red welt on my back.

what the fuck?? damn man that is crazy. fucking people....

glad you're ok brother!

JNA

Banned

Oh my god!

You going to a Hosptial?

jbug617

Banned

shit sounds so crazy. Hopefully the police can catch them.

Hunter S.

JNC

Put Romo on that Den team and he breaks those same records.

Put Rodgers? Christ, he'd probably break 100.

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is insane. Hasn't thrown a pick at Lambeau in over a year.

Why are you making me stick up for a Packer?
Hypotheticals about what Romo and Rodgers would do are made up dreams. Rodgers was injured a lot in 2013. Just like Manning was out with a brocken neck in 2011. You cannot say they were the best when not playing.

Anyway, go Colts and go Seahawks.

Glad it was not worse Bucket.

zychi

Banned
Hypotheticals about what Romo and Rodgers would do are made up dreams. Rodgers was injured a lot in 2013. Just like Manning was out with a brocken neck in 2011. You cannot say they were the best when not playing.

Anyway, go Colts and go Seahawks.

Glad it was not worse Bucket.

Romo went td for td with Manning in 2013 with less line, no rb, and a injured Dez.

Rodgers is the best qb and has been for a few years now. He should have two super bowl rings but the officials missed a facemask call against the Cardinals a few years ago.

Fuck man, making me explain why Rodgers>Peyton

Top Bottom