• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

The views and opinions of IcyRhythms do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Colts-GAF.

Spinluck (Part-Time Greeter), Narag (General Manager), Squicken (Seasonal/Temporary Fan).

Signed: Spinluck

Signed: Narag

You mean King of Colts-GAF IcyRhythms? I believe a king's proclamation would be considered gospel throughout his sovereignty.

rando14

The Seahawks' best chance is purposely let Eddie get a big run (20-30 yards or so), and then his asthma will kick in and he'll be on the sideline for the rest of the game!!

bionic77

The Packers defense is the key. They need to limit the Seahawks to a few short drives in order to have any kind of a chance. If they can hold the Seakhawks to around 20 points then the Packers have a shot.
I think the Hawks win if they score 20 points. Same in the SB.

For the Packers to win I think they need to keep Seattle under 14 going into the 4th. They will also need some luck and some huge plays from Fraudgers and even moreso from Lacy.

Its asking for a lot to happen though for GB to win.

I could see this happening more easily if Rodgers was not hurt.

Also, this must be FMT's version of Ravens/Pats. He is going to feel sick no matter who wins. What a horrible thing to go through. :(

GTI Guy

B7LUIDWCcAATQGz.png

Lol our receiving core

Pedestrians

Sephzilla

I think the Hawks win if they score 20 points. Same in the SB.

For the Packers to win I think they need to keep Seattle under 14 going into the 4th. They will also need some luck and some huge plays from Fraudgers and even moreso from Lacy.

Its asking for a lot to happen though for GB to win.

I could see this happening more easily if Rodgers was not hurt.

Also, this must be FMT's version of Ravens/Pats. He is going to feel sick no matter who wins. What a horrible thing to go through. :(

I agree with most of this. If Green Bay can hold them to 14 points going into the 4th quarter then Green Bay should win that game. I'd say Seattle needs to score more than 21 to win though, I don't think you can really bank on keeping Rodgers and that offense under 20. Seattle's probably the one defense that can do it though.

Either that or the Packers defense employs the "tire the offense out" tactic of letting Seattle run like madmen during the first half, put up 30 points by the half, and then be so tired at halftime that the defense is able to hold them in the second half and let Rodgers play catch up. Packers win 41 to 38 in this scenario (lol)

Crisco

Banned
You can't just say you'd "rather spend that money on a LT" though. Have you seen the FA class?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-offensive-tackles/

Bulaga would be nice, but I doubt the Packers let him walk (I'm certain they'd prioritize Bulaga over Cobb). After that, King Dunlap could be an intriguing option, although caveat that this is the first season he started 16 games in his career. Michael Roos if healthy would be a nice vet stopgap to mentor a first round draft pick.

If you're not signing one of those 3, well...there's really no one else worth signing. I would rather spend $$$ on a proven difference maker and draft an OT on a cost-controlled contract than splurge for a mediocre at best LT.

Yeah true, the tackles are pretty bad. Seem to be a good group of safeties available though. I haven't even tried to do the math on what we've got available vs what we know we have to commit in the future (Kuechly, Star, Cam etc...). We still can't be making it rain on free agents, I think they have to be perfect fits.

Spinluck

You mean King of Colts-GAF IcyRhythms? I believe a king's proclamation would be considered gospel throughout his sovereignty.

Disgusting, I am almost tempted to go all out for the Seahawks after this post.

Icy is a false prophet who was secretly cheering for Peyton yesterday (I wanted to win but Jesus I did not want to see PeyPey go out like that--it is what it is).

He is currently on the trade block, but Narag tried to trade him away for Gata and the next Colts lifelong to come along. That might be worse than the Trent Truck trade.

As Part-Time Greeter of Colts-GAF, I almost had to fire him as General Manager. Just an ugly situation overall.

jbug617

Banned
Pagano is ready for Pats tricks

@HolderStephen: re: Patriots trickery on Saturday, Pagano has talked to Balt staff already about and talked w league office abt it. No objections

@HolderStephen: Pagano talked to Dean Blandino about it and seems to have gotten adequate answers.

Bread

Banned
He is currently on the trade block, but Narag tried to trade him away for Gata and the next Colts lifelong to come along. That might be worse than the Trent Truck trade.

I sent a fair offer and was rudely ignored by narag, you won't be making trades with Pats-GAF anytime soon!

Spinluck

Well Pats failed miserably at stopping the run against the Ravens when they tried to so it's an option. I said it earlier though. At this stage teams are what they are I think. I can't see the Colts flipping their entire year of basically slanging it to suddenly playing a super balanced attack although that is how teams have beaten the Pats. Press man ball control. I guess we'll find out.

It's going to be fun, my mind says Pats but the homer in me wants to fuck you guys up.

Regardless, I'm hoping that we at least make fucking game out of it. Pagano is going to have to coach his best game as a HC and not overthink the teams approach this weekend.

Hope he can motivate his guys against a team that has his teams number on the road, in the playoffs...

Disgusting, I am almost tempted to go all out for the Seahawks after this post.

Icy is a false prophet who was secretly cheering for Peyton yesterday (I wanted to win but Jesus I did not want to see PeyPey go out like that--it is what it is).

As Part-Time Greeter of Colts-GAF, I almost had to fire him as General Manager. Just an ugly situation overall.

I would never agree to that trade

Pro

Serving up some fools in the OT thread. This whole Dez controversy much like the entire universe comes down to gravity yo.

bionic77

I agree with most of this. If Green Bay can hold them to 14 points going into the 4th quarter then Green Bay should win that game. I'd say Seattle needs to score more than 21 to win though, I don't think you can really bank on keeping Rodgers and that offense under 20. Seattle's probably the one defense that can do it though.

Either that or the Packers defense employs the "tire the offense out" tactic of letting Seattle run like madmen during the first half, put up 30 points by the half, and then be so tired at halftime that the defense is able to hold them in the second half and let Rodgers play catch up. Packers win 41 to 38 in this scenario (lol)
Gimp Rodgers can't run the hurry up so that won't work.

Unless his players carry his ass like they did with McNair when he broke his leg. But Rodgers is so fragile I think being carried like that would probably do more harm than good.

Remember the playoff incentives in Percy Harvin's contract? They still count because he spent at least 4 games with them and was traded out of the conference. The Seahawks' win against Carolina gives him $20k, and if they win the Super Bowl, it becomes $70k.

Any Bobs Burgers fans? Season 6 confirmed!

yessssssssss

cdyhybrid

Hawks have 15 players on IR, and 5 UDFAs plus one 4th-rounder at WR on their active roster.

21/50 O & D were undrafted.

Five players from the 2014 draft class are on IR.

I give zero fucks about Brandon LaFell.

He's a good dude, happy that he's getting a chance to play in some games.

Not happy that he chose to perform his wares for the forces of pure evil and become an Agent of Satan but oh well.

cdyhybrid

Wait, they converted B.J. Daniels to a wide receiver? Tell me that's part-time because otherwise that's bullshit. At least let him hold a practice squad QB job.

Third QB, emergency WR, and special teams.

He's only called up because we lost a WR last game.

bionic77

Says the guy is behind the cat in his own house in running things
Anybody here speak meth?

Because this means nothing to me.

ExcellentImpracticalFreshwatereel.gif

grover you must be so proud of your boy :')
That pass either shows a complete lack of respect to the secondary or Brady was way off on his throw. It was not that high and to the inside where any competent corner or safety could easily knock it away.

I don't remember the play so maybe he was wide open but it doesn't look like a good throw to me by that GIF.

Anybody here speak meth?

Because this means nothing to me.

That pass either shows a complete lack of respect to the secondary or Brady was way off on his throw. It was not that high and to the inside where any competent corner or safety could easily knock it away.

I don't remember the play so maybe he was wide open but it doesn't look like a good throw to me by that GIF.
You are the last man(lol) on your households totem pole behind the cat.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'd love to see a Green Bay v. Indy Superbowl.

It's highly unlikely though. We are going to get a Seattle v New England match up. Pukes.

Bread

Banned

How was Ben's golf swing this weekend?

Yeah I know what you mean. I think Russell is damn good, he's just so young we have to wait and see how it all plays out. To be fair I feel similar to luck, and I should've included I'm not quite sure, only it's harder with him given he's the 1 overall, and to be fair to him, he's had a lot more put on his shoulders, that seahawks team would compete with just about anyone back there. Russell also hasn't got a chance to show us what he really can do with some actual weapons, and that's crazy to think about.

Any Bobs Burgers fans? Season 6 confirmed!

Russell not that young, Cam is actually younger. Russ stayed at college much longer, but the next 3 years are probably going to be his best. Eventually he's going to lose a step, and be forced to run less. That's when the height problems start... but like CDY said earlier if we can win back to back i don't even care. I'll take 10 dark years for 2 straight SB.

rando14

E: Damn Actstriker, so fast haha!!

Russell not that young, Cam is actually younger. Russ stayed at college much longer, but the next 3 years are probably going to be his best. Eventually he's going to lose a step, and be forced to run less. That's when the height problems start... but like CDY said earlier if we can win back to back i don't even care. I'll take 10 dark years for 2 straight SB.

Nooooo I spend so much time trolling BG and Kavemen, I can't afford to go back into the darkness!! I've seen the light, I refuse to leave!! ;_;

Top Bottom