• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Sephzilla

Even with the suspension Braun has played an average of 134 game a year.

Fielder has played an average of 136 games per year.

Honestly Braun has played a lot of games he probably shouldn't have played in though due to nagging injuries he needs to let heal. At least during his Brewer career, I don't remember Prince ever really getting any kind of major injury that plagued him through a season like Braun has had.

Hunter S.

Are we sure about that?

Are we sure that Peyton will even be an NFL quarterback this weekend?

I have serious doubts about Denver. Something is really off about Peyton. Its been that way for more than a month.

Indy might get a free ride to the championship and I think I like the way they match up against the Ravens. If it is the Pats then pencil them in for the Superbowl.
Lol, John Fox clearly molded the team into rushing more on purpose. The Broncos more often choose to run for touchdowns rather than throwing, more than they ever did before. Peyton has been hurt and is getting old, but has managed the 2nd highest throwing TD total in the league one bend luck. Running game and better D is a better sb formula than throwing only so...

eznark

Banned
Honestly Braun has played a lot of games he probably shouldn't have played in though due to nagging injuries he needs to let heal. At least during his Brewer career, I don't remember Prince ever really getting any kind of major injury that plagued him through a season like Braun has had.

You don't need to remember anything. Look it up. They play in the same amount of games and Braun puts up significantly better production.

Plus it's a false choice.

Tom Penny

Lol, John Fox clearly molded the team into rushing more on purpose. The Broncos more often choose to run for touchdowns rather than throwing, more than they ever did before. Peyton has been hurt and is getting old, but has managed the 2nd highest throwing TD total in the league one bend luck. Running game and better is a better sb formula than throwing only so...

Since when is John Fox the OC?

Pro

Summarised:

d391b5c3acc7d10940513075e8f59cf69289a57d2c106df4a4e837e332c12a20.jpg

I read threw the thread he created. ROFL. Being on the losing end of the Fail Mary I've tasted some pretty bad calls. Shit happens. Gotta play better so those calls don't become the end all.

Sephzilla

I think a lot of people in the LA Rams thread fail to understand much past "...but they failed twice!"

the only reason i want a team in LA is just so that LA stops being a bargaining chip for greedy owners.

then i want whatever team that moves to LA to bomb and move out of LA so we can finally give up on the NFL in LA.

Spinluck

Weak schedules there!

Eh, the matchup isn't great for the Pats and considering Denver is going to blow through the Colts, it sucks the Pats have to play a team with more than one player but whatever. Good teams find a way to win.

As much as our defense has fucked up. We never really get blown out by the Broncos. The games are always close. I hear that the temperature may hit around 19 degrees later that game!

Sanjuro

the only reason i want a team in LA is just so that LA stops being a bargaining chip for greedy owners.

then i want whatever team that moves to LA to bomb and move out of LA so we can finally give up on the NFL in LA.

Did Randy Newman touch you?

Went to work immediately after the Lion's game yesterday with tears in my eyes. The roads were terrible and after the loss everyone was driving home from the bars. I skinned out on the freeway twice and almost died. Three drunk drivers got into car accidents. I almost slid off the rail last night. Everyone was sad and depressed as shit. This lose really negatively effected an already defeated city.

Everything just made me so damn sick last night. Didn't feel like eating, talking, heck I couldn't even masterbate because of the loss. This was the first time in 20 years that we had an actual chance of winning a playoff game and we got fucked. Now we will be lucky if we get Suh back because without him we're fucked next season.

Glover Quinn is the only good thing about our secondary. Fire lombardi.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

jWILL253

Banned
The only team that should legit scare anybody in the playoffs are the Ravens.

Joe Flacco is the human embodiment of cheesing in Madden. He'll straight fluke his way to a championship, if you let him.

Zeke

With that rams news dropping I wonder what it means for the raiders. Is Davis going to eat shit and sign another one year deal or is this gonna force him out to SA?

bionic77

Just looking at the Ravens makes me sick. The only positive about them meeting the Pats* this time is that it's not the AFC title game. As for the Steelers, like Coach Cool Shades says, it is what it is. They played and were coached like a team that had no fucking clue what to do without Bell in the lineup. That's OK, I thought the season was totally lost weeks ago. They have some young talent on D, though they need more. And I hope they have a fresh voice coaching the D next year. Love Coach Dad, but tis the time for him to start smelling the roses. And they have tons of young talent on O, there are things to build on from this season which is something I hadn't thought after the previous two seasons.
I don't blame the coaches for Saturday.

We had no backup running back and could not even pretend to have a PA threat with any of the bums we have back there. It was either an obvious run or obvious pass. You can't ask for more as a defense. So we were playing with one arm behind our back and I was actually happy with the fight we put up considering.

But I DO blame the coaches for not prepping for this moment when Blount quit. That was BEFORE THANKSGIVING! We had 6+ weeks to figure this out so if Bell did get hurt it did not cripple our once mighty offense.

I am actually also pretty hopeful for next year. We are 2 good draft picks on defense and maybe a fluke tight end away from being really good next year. Hope they have the brains to work on some depth at o-line too, but I have a lot of faith in Munchak. We were so lucky to get him.

Panthers always play us close. I expect us to win but we're probably not gonna blow them off the field.

I'll take a laugher that's over in the first half though, I wouldn't be mad
:lol

Do we really have to pretend this all week?

That game is going to be embarrassing and everyone using the past history argument is fooling themselves (or trying to troll us).

Who is this man with Mike Tomlin? Steelers-GAF, explain...

Mike Tomlin and Friend
The idea is to accumulate all the good looking coaches in the league.

Lol, John Fox clearly molded the team into rushing more on purpose. The Broncos more often choose to run for touchdowns rather than throwing, more than they ever did before. Peyton has been hurt and is getting old, but has managed the 2nd highest throwing TD total in the league one bend luck. Running game and better is a better sb formula than throwing only so...
Peyton was good for the first half of the season. I was talking about the shit show for the past month and a half.

I don't think you will be able to run the Colts off the field. Only the worst teams let you win by running the ball in the playoffs. Peyton will have to make some throws. After his performance in Cincy I wonder what is wrong with him or if maybe he is just done. 2 weeks off should help but I have my doubts. Hopefully he has at least 2 more games in him so he can get to the SB one more time and stop the cRavens or Pats from doing so.

I just want to preemptively say, if the Ravens lose, it's because of all those shit calls that favored the Pats because the NFL wants to get their favorites, ie Kraft and Brady, as far as possible,

Conspiracies! Shenanigans!

And the reality is that the decision hardly turned the game into a guaranteed victory for the Cowboys. Brian Burke’s win probability model noted that the call swung Detroit’s chances of winning by about 12 percentage points, as the Lions would have had a 79.4 percent chance of winning if the penalty had been enforced, only to settle for a 67.2 percent win expectancy after the flag was picked up. Burke notes that Detroit’s chances changed by about the same amount when Matthew Stafford hit Corey Fuller for a 21-yard completion earlier on the drive. It would be impossible to argue that the non-call didn’t help Dallas’s chances, but acting like a Cowboys win was fait accompli after the flag was picked up is just inaccurate.

From Barnwell's latest.

Spinluck

Lol, John Fox clearly molded the team into rushing more on purpose. The Broncos more often choose to run for touchdowns rather than throwing, more than they ever did before. Peyton has been hurt and is getting old, but has managed the 2nd highest throwing TD total in the league one bend luck. Running game and better D is a better sb formula than throwing only so...

I'm not saying you guys will lose. There's a very good chance you stomp us if Peyton can find his walker and take his neck drugs before the game. Even if he doesn't we can't pressure the QB so he'll have all day to throw. But I have seen Manning led teams that seemed unstoppable lose to straight up scrubs. Unfortunately you need some talent on defense for that to happen, we don't gave much that scares anyone.

I'm not going to look into you guys playing off coming into the playoffs. Teams can just turn it on and make the regular season seem like a distant memory.

EDIT: Also we tend to have really close games.

If TY gets back to into decent form, I wouldn't recommend putting Talib on him! And our TEs usually have good games against you guys. Man fuck this week.

Pro

Went to work immediately after the Lion's game yesterday with tears in my eyes. The roads were terrible and after the loss everyone was driving home from the bars. I skinned out on the freeway twice and almost died. Three drunk drivers got into car accidents. I almost slid off the rail last night. Everyone was sad and depressed as shit. This lose really negatively effected an already defeated city.

Everything just made me so damn sick last night. Didn't feel like eating, talking, heck I couldn't even masterbate because of the loss. This was the first time in 20 years that we had an actual chance of winning a playoff game and we got fucked. Now we will be lucky if we get Suh back because without him we're fucked next season.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

It's just sports bruh. It ain't important in the grand scheme of things in your life.

xnipx

I love how nobody ever mentions how the Ravens lost BOTH starting tackles at the same time as Pitt lost Bell yet somehow their shit defense gave up 30 points and only touched Flacco once. But of course Bell is why they lost.

rando14

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Yo damn

bionic77

I love how nobody ever mentions how the Ravens lost BOTH starting tackles at the same time as Pitt lost Bell yet somehow their shit defense gave up 30 points and only touched Flacco once. But of course Bell is why they lost.
Who are you talking to?

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
The Lions attract a lot of mentally ill people to their fanbase apparently...

I love how you're always pissed off. It's funny.

eznark

Banned

huh?

Dragon

Banned

Ravens get no respect. It's like they beat women and hold people while other people stab them or something.

BTW best thing ever, WHERE IS DUTCH???

5195bMFm5BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RN7TNHE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Leigh has a serious problem. And it’s driving a “spike” between her and her husband Dan.

When Leigh wanders into the room where her husband and his friends are watching a football game, her life changes forever, because at that exact moment, NFL’s one-man wrecking ball, Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots, scores a touchdown and does his patented “Gronk Spike”—his notorious monster smashing of a football. When the ball shoots into the stratosphere, Leigh’s heart goes apitter-patter and she becomes seriously turned on.

Now normally-sheepish Leigh can’t stop thinking about it. She’d never given a second thought to football, but now the primal power of the Gronk Spike, and this raw monster of a man, Rob Gronkowski, is all that she wants, and she’ll stop at nothing until the romance of a lifetime is hers!

Find out the lengths people will go to fulfill their fantasies in this super-sexy, sex-filled story of wanton lust with a super-sexy, sex-filled happy ending.

If you read one book about Rob Gronkowski this year, make it “Growing Up Gronk.” But if you read two books about Rob Gronkowski this year, make the second one “A Gronking to Remember!”

Warning: Contains some sexually graphic scenes as well as the misuse of American footballs that will leave you wet, hard and everything in between. Sports!

bionic77

Whiny Pitt fans and the media mostly.
Weird to see people whine after they win.

I hope we didn't whine nearly as much after Carson's knee exploded in the wild card game back in 2005.

Sometimes just be happy you got something good or lucky to go your way.

Or just whine like a spoiled brat.

The choice is yours!

cdyhybrid

:lol

Do we really have to pretend this all week?

That game is going to be embarrassing and everyone using the past history argument is fooling themselves (or trying to troll us).

Your jinx attempts will not work on me!

Every game is a championship opportunity, we just need to go 1-0 this week!

Go Hawks

xnipx

Weird to see people whine after they win.

I hope we didn't whine nearly as much after Carson's knee exploded in the wild card game back in 2005.

Sometimes just be happy you got something good or lucky to go your way.

Or just whine like a spoiled brat.

The choice is yours!

I'm not whining. Saturday was a breath of fresh air. I just find it funny how everyone is making excuses for the Steelers as if the Ravens didn't earn the win for some reason. The same people who said we didn't deserve to win in Denver as if Manning didn't throw 2 picks and have a chance in OT.

It's whatever lol

Dragon

Banned
I'm not whining. Saturday was a breath of fresh air. I just find it funny how everyone is making excuses for the Steelers as if the Ravens didn't earn the win for some reason. The same people who said we didn't deserve to win in Denver as if Manning didn't throw 2 picks and have a chance in OT.

It's whatever lol

You have evidence or did Ray Lewis destroy it already?

eznark

Banned

It's whatever lol

I haven't heard anyone make excuses for the Steelers, but keep punching the mirror, it's starting to bleed.

Top Bottom