• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Orioles OF Adam Jones on twitter-----

jf45sry.png

Dosia

Im kinda glad the Pats got the Ravens. The colts game would have been a predictable blowout. Need jump ball Joe to throw some taints.

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 14m14 minutes ago
#CARvsSEA: Since Dec 1, @Seahawks lead @NFL in points allowed/game (8.3) & yards allowed/game (211.3). @Panthers 2nd in both (11.8 & 238.2)

Seahawk opponents over that time:

Eagles
Niners
Cards
Rams

Panthers opponents over that time:

Saints
Bucs
Browns
Falcons

brentech

Can someone summarize Kas' game impressions for me? I missed them. I'm guessing something something Refs, something something Staffords schlong is beautiful, something something Refs, something something Suh is a class act for crying, something something Refs.

Also thread title is magnificent and I'm loving the Lions banner memes. Keep em coming. Bring on dem Boys. Go Pack.

Summarised:

d391b5c3acc7d10940513075e8f59cf69289a57d2c106df4a4e837e332c12a20.jpg

Bowser

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 14m14 minutes ago
#CARvsSEA: Since Dec 1, @Seahawks lead @NFL in points allowed/game (8.3) & yards allowed/game (211.3). @Panthers 2nd in both (11.8 & 238.2)

Seahawk opponents over that time:

Eagles
Niners
Cards
Rams

Panthers opponents over that time:

Saints
Bucs
Browns
Falcons

Panthers stats include the Cards playoff game. Without it it would be 10.8 ppg and 278.3 ypg.

bionic77

Freaking Devastated.
I feel bad for you but worse for myself.

The Lions loss is much preferable to the Steelers. As a Lions fan you had 2 options after the game. You can either be realistic and come to the conclusion that your team gave this game away to a team that didn't seem all that interested in winning themselves. Not a bad way to go out of the postseason. You get to spend the whole offseason shitting on the people who made that choke possible and dream up fixes to your problems. The other way to take it is to say that the game was fixed or you were screwed by a bad call. Which is an even better way to go into the offseason because you don't have to blame your coaches or qb for their putrid performances, you have a natural scapegoat.

I would much prefer your exit than ours where I have to admit that the Ravens were a better team and we were lucky to be in the game as long as we were. I can't use the Bell excuse because even though I think we win with him, he sure as hell was not coming onto the field so it is pointless to talk about such things. That is like me saying we win if Harrison and Troy are 6 years younger. Is that also true? Yes, but that kind of talk is equally insane to the NFL is fixed talk.

So while Monday sucks and you have to watch the Packers destroy the Cowboys this weekend while listening to Joe Buck come multiple times on air while talking about Fraudgers (which is rude to do when there is a man crying right next to you), remember it could always be worse! And there is not much worse than seeing the Ravens kick your teams ass for 60 minutes. :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
B..b..but the dirty ass thug Ratbirds were only called for 2 penalties while the Steelers were called for 8! The fucking refs had it out for us! How dare the NFL rig a playoff game?! *cries like a Lions fan*

The more I think about it, the less I like the Carolina matchup for Seattle. Those games where Seattle goes an entire half doing absolutely nothing on offense are unbearable, and this sets up to be another one of those.

Dragon

Banned
Panthers stats include the Cards playoff game. Without it it would be 10.8 ppg and 278.3 ypg.

Weak schedules there!

Goddamn it. The Ravens are gonna kill us.

Eh, the matchup isn't great for the Pats and considering Denver is going to blow through the Colts, it sucks the Pats have to play a team with more than one player but whatever. Good teams find a way to win.

Bowser

The more I think about it, the less I like the Carolina matchup for Seattle. Those games where Seattle goes an entire half doing absolutely nothing on offense are unbearable, and this sets up to be another one of those.

Take the points and the under. This is going to be a 19-13 type game.

bionic77

B..b..but the dirty ass thug Ratbirds were only called for 2 penalties while the Steelers were called for 8! The fucking refs had it out for us! How dare the NFL rig a playoff game?! *cries like a Lions fan*
It seems like most Lion fans were pretty cool about it with some big exceptions.

Even we have some turds on our bandwagon (fucking Diablos) so I can't crap on them to hard.

Honestly I have nothing against the Lions. But in general I too hate the crying afterwards. Sometimes the other team just played better as hard as that is to admit.

Sephzilla

Braun's 2012 was better than Princes last three years combined.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong Braun's a great player but I felt Fielder made us more of a playoff team then Braun.

You realize that's objectively wrong, right?

I think it's more likely that Fielder will return to his all-star form than Braun at this point. Braun is injury prone as fuck not to mention he's a drug test away from pretty much missing a season.

The reality is both players were better when they were on the same team

Bowser

Weak schedules there!

No argument here, but you can only play who you're scheduled to play. Seattle holding Philly's offense to 14 points on the road is the best of those games. However, holding the Saints and Falcons offenses to 10 and 3 points, respectively, on the road is a decent accomplishment as well IMO.

bionic77

:lol

What?

The Panthers are absolute trash and they showed it in their first game.

Seattle just needs one score and it will be over. This is a glorified practice game for them, but against lesser competition.

Green Bay is getting screwed because this gives Seattle another bye week to prepare for them while Green Bay has to take the Cowboys seriously. You never know when Romo might decide to be a choking bitch. It could be this weekend! In which case the Packers could be in trouble. But man even that is a stretch and a half.

I think it's more likely that Fielder will return to his all-star form than Braun at this point. Braun is injury prone as fuck not to mention he's a drug test away from pretty much missing a season.

Bingo. I'll more than happy to eat crow on this if he has a big season putting the Brewers back in the post season.

I agree with you edit also.

bionic77

Weak schedules there!

Eh, the matchup isn't great for the Pats and considering Denver is going to blow through the Colts, it sucks the Pats have to play a team with more than one player but whatever. Good teams find a way to win.
Are we sure about that?

Are we sure that Peyton will even be an NFL quarterback this weekend?

I have serious doubts about Denver. Something is really off about Peyton. Its been that way for more than a month.

Indy might get a free ride to the championship and I think I like the way they match up against the Ravens. If it is the Pats then pencil them in for the Superbowl.

Dragon

Banned
Are we sure about that?

Are we sure that Peyton will even be an NFL quarterback this weekend?

I have serious doubts about Denver. Something is really off about Peyton. Its been that way for more than a month.

Indy might get a free ride to the championship and I think I like the way they match up against the Ravens. If it is the Pats then pencil them in for the Superbowl.

The Colts can't stop the run, why even bother throwing with Peyton?

Also where is yankeehater? He was supposed to wear the avatar for a month and I haven't seen him!

Also also, I have to have him eat crow because he was adamant that Microsoft wouldn't raise the price of the XB1 after the holidays.

Sephzilla

Bingo. I'll more than happy to eat crow on this if he has a big season putting the Brewers back in the post season.

I agree with you edit also.

Braun is a better player than Fielder when he's healthy, but those days are becoming rarer and rarer. I'll also happily eat crow if he can go the entire season without getting hurt.

And there is not much worse than seeing the Ravens kick your teams ass for 60 minutes. :(

Just looking at the Ravens makes me sick. The only positive about them meeting the Pats* this time is that it's not the AFC title game. As for the Steelers, like Coach Cool Shades says, it is what it is. They played and were coached like a team that had no fucking clue what to do without Bell in the lineup. That's OK, I thought the season was totally lost weeks ago. They have some young talent on D, though they need more. And I hope they have a fresh voice coaching the D next year. Love Coach Dad, but tis the time for him to start smelling the roses. And they have tons of young talent on O, there are things to build on from this season which is something I hadn't thought after the previous two seasons.

eznark

Banned

The reality is both players were better when they were on the same team

Even with the suspension Braun has played an average of 134 game a year.

Fielder has played an average of 136 games per year.

Dragon

Banned
Just looking at the Ravens makes me sick. The only positive about them meeting the Pats* this time is that it's not the AFC title game. As for the Steelers, like Coach Cool Shades says, it is what it is. They played and were coached like a team that had no fucking clue what to do without Bell in the lineup. That's OK, I thought the season was totally lost weeks ago. They have some young talent on D, though they need more. And I hope they have a fresh voice coaching the D next year. Love Coach Dad, but tis the time for him to start smelling the roses. And they have tons of young talent on O, there are things to build on from this season which is something I hadn't thought after the previous two seasons.

Just curious, what does a Steelers fan like yourself do when watching a game like Pats - Ravens? Hope Bane demolishes Gillette?

eznark

Banned
Braun is a better player than Fielder when he's healthy, but those days are becoming rarer and rarer. I'll also happily eat crow if he can go the entire season without getting hurt.

You do know Fielder played in 42 games last year, right? And was pedestrian as fuck in 2013?

cdyhybrid

:lol

What?

The Panthers are absolute trash and they showed it in their first game.

Seattle just needs one score and it will be over. This is a glorified practice game for them, but against lesser competition.

Green Bay is getting screwed because this gives Seattle another bye week to prepare for them while Green Bay has to take the Cowboys seriously. You never know when Romo might decide to be a choking bitch. It could be this weekend! In which case the Packers could be in trouble. But man even that is a stretch and a half.

Panthers always play us close. I expect us to win but we're probably not gonna blow them off the field.

I'll take a laugher that's over in the first half though, I wouldn't be mad

Top Bottom