• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Bread

Banned
It's great, loved the city and the weather is fantastic. People are stuck up bitches and I felt right at home!

San Diego was nice too, to hang out with Bread there. Maybe Santa Barbera when I'm old.
you refused to hang out with me when we were both in san diego

AND you shit talked the jimmy pick

i thought i knew you dutchy :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How long are you dudes' commutes to work?

Currently when I work in the city, a little over an hour in the morning and damn near 2 hours in the evening. Houston traffic in the morning is pretty sane but evening traffic is a parking lot.

I'm moving closer in a month or so to the Jersey Village area so that'll get cut down by about 30 minutes in the morning and an hour in the evening.

zychi

Banned
I ask because im interviewing for a job and google maps says it 53 minutes if i drive, 80mins if i train/bus/walk.

For you guys over 30 mins, do you go insane driving everyday? If i get it and really like the job i might move closer, but i love living in the city.

Most of the commute is interstate, but its the 2nd and 3rd worst interstates in Illinois.

jakncoke

Banned
I ask because im interviewing for a job and google maps says it 53 minutes if i drive, 80mins if i train/bus/walk.

For you guys over 30 mins, do you go insane driving everyday? If i get it and really like the job i might move closer, but i love living in the city.

Most of the commute is interstate, but its the 2nd and 3rd worst interstates in Illinois.

Not really. I had the insane browns fans and terrible radio announcers to make my commute lol every day though.

Bowser

Important to remember just how different this Carolina team is from the last time we played Seattle in Week 8 (a 13-9 squeaker for Seattle):

Nate Chandler (Starting RT) - 36 snaps
Fernando Velasco (Starting RG) - 62 snaps
David Foucault (Filled in at OT) - 31 snaps
Jason Avant (#3 WR) - 33 snaps
Darrin Reaves (in place of Fozzy and Tolbert) - 4 snaps
Chris Ogbonnaya (in place of Fozzy and Tolbert) - 2 snaps
Antoine Cason (Starting CB) - 63 snaps
Thomas DeCoud (Starting FS) - 43 snaps
James Dockery (First option at Nickel CB) - 33 Snaps

All of these players have either been replaced in the lineup or have greatly diminished roles. None of the "starters" listed above are still starting. In their place, we have younger, faster, more athletic players.

I do think our defense can hang with Seattle's offense. We've shut down better WRs than the Seahawks have in Jackson/Evans, Gordon, Julio Jones, and Fitzgerald). Lynch has always struggled with our front 7 (averages 63.3 rush ypg in these last 3 games against the Panthers).

As has been the case with all of our recent games with the Seahawks, can the Panthers offense do anything vs. Seattle's defense? That will be the key matchup.

Important to remember just how different this Carolina team is from the last time we played Seattle in Week 8 (a 13-9 squeaker for Seattle):

Nate Chandler (Starting RT) - 36 snaps
Fernando Velasco (Starting RG) - 62 snaps
David Foucault (Filled in at OT) - 31 snaps
Jason Avant (#3 WR) - 33 snaps
Darrin Reaves (in place of Fozzy and Tolbert) - 4 snaps
Chris Ogbonnaya (in place of Fozzy and Tolbert) - 2 snaps
Antoine Cason (Starting CB) - 63 snaps
Thomas DeCoud (Starting FS) - 43 snaps
James Dockery (First option at Nickel CB) - 33 Snaps

All of these players have either been replaced in the lineup or have greatly diminished roles. None of the "starters" listed above are still starting. In their place, we have younger, faster, more athletic players.

I do think our defense can hang with Seattle's offense. We've shut down better WRs than the Seahawks have in Jackson/Evans, Gordon, Julio Jones, and Fitzgerald). Lynch has always struggled with our front 7 (averages 63.3 rush ypg in these last 4 games against the Panthers).

As has been the case with all of our recent games with the Seahawks, can the Panthers offense do anything vs. Seattle's defense? That will be the key matchup.

The one huge difference in playing in the dump that is century link field with the artificial noise being fed in and the PED spiked Gatorade on the home side. God speed and I hope Cam can overcome!

bionic77

The Panthers are frauds and any discussion entertaining them having a chance is wasting everyones time.

I would wager against anyone that believes otherwise. The worst Brady avatar you can find for me for a week if I am wrong versus a week of something equally horrible for you if I am right!

Damn at Browns space
We have space, but honestly who's trying to come here lol? It's not like we have some amazing player ppl want to play with or were consistently good yet. I doubt players are saying " oh yeah lets go play with that HOF LT Joe Thomas"

Bowser

The Panthers are frauds and any discussion entertaining them having a chance is wasting everyones time.

I would wager against anyone that believes otherwise. The worst Brady avatar you can find for me for a week if I am wrong versus a week of something equally horrible for you if I am right!

Define "having a chance".

I absolutely think we cover (the line opened at 11, it's currently 10.5). Are you willing to take Seahawks -10.5 as the wager? I'll absolutely do it.

MechDX

We have space, but honestly who's trying to come here lol? It's not like we have some amazing player ppl want to play with or were consistently good yet. I doubt players are saying " oh yeah lets go play with that HOF LT Joe Thomas"

Ill admit I openly chuckled at this. Sorry BG

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It is a long shot but I could see it happening.

I don't see you guys beating the Pats on the road unless Tebow himself appears on the field.

But you could win against a gimp manning (if he is healthy you guys are fucked) and I could see Luck winning a slang off with Flacco.

But I can't really see how you can beat Seattle or Green Bay absent a Trent Truck miracle...

30-45 minutes depending on traffic.

I also travel a lot so I am not sure how that factors in. Thats just my drive if I want to drive to the office. I can also work at home whenever I want, so 5 seconds in that scenario (walk from bedroom to home office).

The bengals would've fared far better against that broncs team, if marshall is still out that is. Talib is going to take away Hilton, and they can't run the ball worth a damn. I just can't see it happening unless Manning isn't right, and even then he'll have to hand them the game.

cdyhybrid

My understanding is that Seattle has a few problems.

It's super expensive, it's about 2/3rds male, and the traffic is the worst.

You are correct about the cost of living and the traffic, but the 2010 census had Seattle at a 50/50 split between men and women. There were actually slightly more women, but not enough to bump that 50% up to 51%.

How long are you dudes' commutes to work?

I work from home, so the 5 seconds it takes for me to roll out of bed and sit at my desk.

bionic77

The bengals would've fared far better against that broncs team, if marshall is still out that is. Talib is going to take away Hilton, and they can't run the ball worth a damn. I just can't see it happening unless Manning isn't right, and even then he'll have to hand them the game.
That is what I would bet on if he was not right.

I just don't know if he can heal up in 2 weeks. I am not a doctor. Rando can you offer some insight?

Define "having a chance".

I absolutely think we cover (the line opened at 11, it's currently 10.5). Are you willing to take Seahawks -10.5 as the wager? I'll absolutely do it.
Winning.

Do you believe that your team is going to win?

Time to put up or shut up!

Otherwise stop telling us about how well your team played Seattle 5 years ago into the jungle of Carolina or whatever the fuck happened.

I'm sitting in a doctors office waiting for my appointment, and there is some rude, impatient, old jerk lady yelling about her medication. "You know why I can't get my medication right now? OBAMA!!!"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You are correct about the cost of living and the traffic, but the 2010 census had Seattle at a 50/50 split between men and women. There were actually slightly more women, but not enough to bump that 50% up to 51%.

I work from home, so the 5 seconds it takes for me to roll out of bed and sit at my desk.

Hmm...I was reading about how online dating in Seattle was extremely difficult because there are so many techy dudes moving into that area. Supposedly the 2010 US Census says there are 144 single men to 100 single women in Bellvue and in Seattle the ratio is 119 to 100.

http://jeffreifman.com/2014/05/12/youve-got-male-amazons-growth-impacting-seattle-dating-scene/

zychi

Banned

What do you do?

You know it's that time of year when the craziest things happen.

See:

2004162204.jpg

212x3003.jpg

Look, I don't think the Panthers will win. But I don't think it'll be 75-0 Seattle like the national media is now trumpeting either.

Anyone saying this will be a huge blowout is giving Seattle's O WAY too much credit.

Respect

Long commute never bothered me, did the 75 minute commute for about 5 years...only reason we moved was because my wife wanted to move closer. Certainly nice to be closer now, but I was content with the commute...not like I love my job either, so that didn't have anything to do with it.

Milchjon

"The Wall Street Journal wants to let us know that Aaron Rodgers is known among teammates for enjoying Princess Bride quotes. Who doesn’t like them? His teammates, it seems. It gets really nauseating around the house where Olivia Munn only refers to him as “farm boy”."

Spinluck

Talib can deal with sore hammy Hilton, but if he gets any better than last week, I highly doubt he will be on Hilton the whole game.

MRSA

Banned
What Mech posted discriminated against the Raiders who aren't even listed. Raiders estimated to also have over 50 million in cap space.

Suh wouldn't play in a 3-4, he's going to a 4-3 where all the stats are unless your name is J.J. Watt.

Bowser

Winning.

Do you believe that your team is going to win?

Time to put up or shut up!

Otherwise stop telling us about how well your team played Seattle 5 years ago into the jungle of Carolina or whatever the fuck happened.

I didn't realize October 26, 2014 was "5 years ago" and Charlotte was "the jungle of Carolina".

Do we win? Probably not. Do we compete? Yes.

cdyhybrid

Hmm...I was reading about how online dating in Seattle was extremely difficult because there are so many techy dudes moving into that area. Supposedly the 2010 US Census says there are 144 single men to 100 single women in Bellvue and in Seattle the ratio is 119 to 100.

http://jeffreifman.com/2014/05/12/youve-got-male-amazons-growth-impacting-seattle-dating-scene/

Bellevue isn't Seattle. The census might think so, but nah. Fuck Bellevue.

Bellevue is a soulless suburban shithole that consists of office parks, office buildings, and apartment buildings for the people that work in them. Microsoft has a huge presence there, which is why you have all those (mostly male) tech workers showing up there.

Amazon has the same effect in Seattle, but there's more going on in Seattle than just Amazon so it doesn't fuck things up too much.

This is where I got my data: http://data.spokesman.com/census/2010/washington/cities/seattle-wa/

Doesn't include Bellevue, which is on the map in that link along I-405 between 520 and I-90.

What do you do?

Work on a website for a start-up company.

Top Bottom