• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

bionic77

We'll score more than 3 points if Gano makes his kicks. If we play a mistake free game, it'll be very close and the Panthers will have a shot to pull it out. It's definitely conceivable they lay a complete stinker and go out with a whimper, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Weird because I did bet on that and not a single panthers fan took my bet!

Crisco

Banned
It's not like we have to go to some hypothetical pie in the sky matchup here. These teams played a little over 2 months ago and this is what happened: Stewart ran the ball well, Lynch was contained, and Wilson had to work for every yard. Since then we've jettisoned 2 bad DBs and gotten more consistent offensive line play. The home field advantage matters as does the ~25% chance the Panthers completely shit the bed, but if this is a well played game by both teams, it's close.

JABEE

Chris Christie is an asshole.

h8flrfW.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Restructuring only screws you over in the future. Its borrowing equity basically.

It worked for a good while though.
Saints gambled a lot on this year and lost. It is what it is.
The team was pretty great top to bottom last year so there was no way to predict they'd fall this much in a year. I still think they can be hugely competitive with this current team with some new coaches in place and a bit of tweaking, but the starters need to stay healthy. Depth is a huge concern.

MRSA

Banned
The team was pretty great top to bottom last year so there was no way to predict they'd fall this much in a year. I still think they can be hugely competitive with this current team with some new coaches in place and a bit of tweaking, but the starters need to stay healthy. Depth is a huge concern.

If you go on a restructuring frenzy you're basically going all in like the Saints did, they gambled and they fucked up. Teams that are good with cap space are the most successful teams. Somehow Belicheat knows how to cheat the system efficiently.

Zeke

Maybe it's because I'm biased and hate the Panthers, but nothing they've done on this streak they've been on is particularly impressive to me. They beat a washed-up Brees, Josh McCown, Johnny Washout/Brian Hoyer, an overrated Matt Ryan, and Ryan fucking Lindley. Russell Wilson is going to be the best QB they've played in well over a month.
Oh I agree they have been God awful no argument here. Sometimes teams just matchup well and play each other hard. I think this could very well be one of those times. If the game stays a low scoring affair Panthers have a legit shot.

bionic77

An avatar bet that the Panthers will win? Sure, I'll take that bet. Whoever hates you the most on here can decide your punishment, I don't really care.
Punishment already decided.

Worst Brady avatar one can find for a week for me.

Something almost as bad for you!

Tom Penny

Maybe it's because I'm biased and hate the Panthers, but nothing they've done on this streak they've been on is particularly impressive to me. They beat a washed-up Brees, Josh McCown, Johnny Washout/Brian Hoyer, an overrated Matt Ryan, and Ryan fucking Lindley. Russell Wilson is going to be the best QB they've played in well over a month.

Seahawks haven't played and beat a good team since week 3 though...

tmdorsey

Man fuck all the NFC teams left in the playoffs. I'm forced to root for the Packers only because I like Rodgers.
LLShC.gif

EDIT: And is Rex my new coach yet?

Bowser

Seahawks QBs faced during their 6 game win streak:

Stanton (average at best)
Kaepernick (good-ish, historically struggles vs SEA a la Cam)
Sanchez (trash)
Kaepernick (see above)
Lindley (below trash)
Hill (trash)

So yeah.

JABEE

You guys would tell me if I was going Full Kas in calling out Chris Christie and the Pats Super Bowls, right?

cdyhybrid

Man fuck all the NFC teams left in the playoffs. I'm forced to root for the Packers only because I like Rodgers.
LLShC.gif

EDIT: And is Rex my new coach yet?

Why not root for the Seahawks friend? We have the most lovable QB in the league since Tebow retired!

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 4m4 minutes ago
Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch and Pam Oliver on the FOX call for Panthers-Seahawks. FOX's top crew (rightfully) takes Cowboys-Packers

The poverty team goes to Seattle. The All-Stars get sent to Ice Bowl II

Lynch has a boner for Seattle. I hope you enjoy it.

Sanchez (trash)
Kaepernick (see above)
Lindley (below trash)
Hill (trash)

So yeah.

Cam (Trash)

rando14

Bionic and me are best friends now, look out world there's no stopping us!! :cool:

Sanchez (trash)
Kaepernick (see above)
Lindely (below trash)
Hill (trash)

So yeah.

Not quite sure what the argument is here... Seahawks should have won by more than they did?

JCizzle

Bionic and me are best friends now, look out world there's no stopping us!! :cool:

Not quite sure what the argument is here... Seahawks should have won by more than they did?
Yep. Cheatin Pete not cheating hard enough! Old man is going soft smh

Syrinx

Again, your cap situation dictates that some of your current team is going to have to go. Their cap forced them to trade Darren Sproles last year, for instance.

Sanchez (trash)
Kaepernick (see above)
Lindley (below trash)
Hill (trash)

So yeah.
I give Seattle the benefit of the doubt, though.

Top Bottom