• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Chris Christie is an asshole.

h8flrfW.jpg

Dude needs to kiss ass for his rumored run at the presidency, gotta hug it out with the rich to get money...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
First off good game to CowboysGAF and it was a hell of a ride, LionsGAF. We had a hell of a ride this season, ups and downs, comebacks, controversy but this is the life of a Lions fan. Had a lot of fun this season despite some arguments.

I don't want to get into to much about the call. We all know it was bullshit and I doubt we will ever get an explanation as to why the flag was taken away at the last second conviently after Dez Bryant stormed onto the field with his helmet on yelling at the referees. And before you post the pic of Pettigrew touching Hitchens (LB) facemask the holding/preventing the player from getting the ball was going on well before the facemask touch even occurred.

However we should've been able to put the game away as well. Sam Martins' muffed punt? Tipped ball that leads into an INT to start the second half? Not a good sign of things to come.

At the end of the day the game will be remembered as the Lions driving down the field, getting an obvious PI hold called then after a minute with no explanation get that flag called back.

I'm still not over the loss and don't really want to think about offseason yet but what you saw in Ndamakung Suh postgame presser is real emotion of a man who loves the game of football and hates, hates losing. Those were genuine tears of a man who loves the game so much and knows that every single game could be his last. He's not a guy who goes out and seeks attention and publicity like Brandon Marshall. He goes about his business with the same routine every single day to be the best football player he can be.

When I saw that postgame it gave me optimism. The Detroit Lions need to throw every single dollar they can at Suh and if they do he will resign. Martin Mayhew (GM) and the front office know this and at the end of the day I believe he'll resign. We have no ther option if we want to win a Superbowl in the near future.

Restore the Roar 2015.

Bowser

First off good game to CowboysGAF and it was a hell of a ride, LionsGAF. We had a hell of a ride this season, ups and downs, comebacks, controversy but this is the life of a Lions fan. Had a lot of fun this season despite some arguments.

I don't want to get into to much about the call. We all know it was bullshit and I doubt we will ever get an explanation as to why the flag was taken away at the last second conviently after Dez Bryant stormed onto the field with his helmet on yelling at the referees. And before you post the pic of Pettigrew touching Hitchens (LB) facemask the holding/preventing the player from getting the ball was going on well before the facemask touch even occurred.

However we should've been able to put the game away as well. Sam Martins' muffed punt? Tipped ball that leads into an INT to start the second half? Not a good sign of things to come.

At the end of the day the game will be remembered as the Lions driving down the field, getting an obvious PI hold called then after a minute with no explanation get that flag called back.

I'm still not over the loss and don't really want to think about offseason yet but what you saw in Ndamakung Suh postgame presser is real emotion of a man who loves the game of football and hates, hates losing. Those were genuine tears of a man who loves the game so much and knows that every single game could be his last. He's not a guy who goes out and seeks attention and publicity like Brandon Marshall. He goes about his business with the same routine every single day to be the best football player he can be.

When I saw that postgame it gave me optimism. The Detroit Lions need to throw every single dollar they can at Suh and if they do he will resign. Martin Mayhew (GM) and the front office know this and at the end of the day I believe he'll resign. We have no ther option if we want to win a Superbowl in the near future.

Restore the Roar 2015.

Don't worry kas Panthers will #RestoreTheRoar2014

eznark

Banned

Restore the Roar 2015.

Greatest Show on Turf 3.0 next year to score under 10 ppg?

Restore the Roar 2015.

I was nodding my head and respecting your post for once then you had to go and bash someone out of the blue.

Sanjuro

Restore the Roar 2015.

Is Peyton's towel boy still your coach next year?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't worry kas Panthers will #RestoreTheRoar2014

Honestly rooting for the Panthers from here on out.

I was nodding my head and respecting your post for once then you had to go and bash someone out of the blue.

The postgame comparisons to Suh and Marshall were made by plenty of people in the media and online.

Ndamakung Suh does not go out trying to start fights with Lions fans on Twitter or ever publicly call out his teammates in the press.

Chart is fucking garbage.

It's because you are looking at it as a metric for best overall QB, when really it's just a chart that says my boy doesn't throw picks which was the point of the chart. Just a chart showing decision making not that it's actually saying Russell is the best QB because that would be :kas level of delusional for anyone to suggest that.

Yeah but were those guys drafted in the 6th round?

You sly bastard!

eznark

Banned
It's because you are looking at it as a metric for best overall QB, when really it's just a chart that says my boy doesn't throw picks which was the point of the chart.

So why not show a chart of active INT % among NFL quarterbacks? Or even a list of the last 30 years, bet he is super high.

bionic77

Will this be the year Aaron Rodgers wins a home playoff game against an NFL team?
I am not sure if you are being stupid or clever.

Did you not know that they won a game at home (I think against the Vikings or Bears) or are you implying that the Bears/Vikings are not an NFL team?

Based on past posting history I would have to assume this is just stupidity.

Speaking of the Packers something has to give. They have been unstoppable at home and the Cowboys have been unstoppable on the road. I can't see either team winning in Seattle though. The Cowboys especially seem like super frauds.

While we on it, can someone tell me why John Elway is considered one of the all time greats? Beside getting carried to two SB? His stats are straight garbage. I mean if Elway is a HOF, then Eli is a 100% lock right?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn it Kas, you're fucking up again.

2015 season's playoffs are in 2016!

The Restoration of the Roar is an ongoing process so until we win the Super Bowl. So Restoring the Roar continues into the 2015 playoff season.

The first step toward that Restoration of the Roar is resigning Suh long term.

I am not sure if you are being stupid or clever.

Did you not know that they won a game at home (I think against the Vikings or Bears) or are you implying that the Bears/Vikings are not an NFL team?

Based on past posting history I would have to assume this is just stupidity.

Speaking of the Packers something has to give. They have been unstoppable at home and the Cowboys have been unstoppable on the road. I can't see either team winning in Seattle though. The Cowboys especially seem like super frauds.
I know when you get old you lose a lot of things like hair and being able to have a working penis, but do you also lose your sarcasm detector?

While we on it, can someone tell me why John Elway is considered one of the all time greats? Beside getting carried to two SB? His stats are straight garbage. I mean if Elway is a HOF, then Eli is a 100% lock right?

You have to adjust his stats for the era he played in. The guy was an MVP, multiple all-pro and pro-bowl player, and had insane longevity.

Eli is a mediocre player who has just been insanely lucky.

You have to adjust his stats for the era he played in. The guy was an MVP, multiple all-pro and pro-bowl player, and had insane longevity.

Eli is a mediocre player who has just been insanely lucky.

I know that era had a lot less passing, but look at his numbers compared to Favre who was in the same era.

I know that era had a lot less passing, but look at his numbers compared to Favre who was in the same era.

Uhh, they were not the same era. Elway was a 10 year veteran at the time Favre had his first career start.

Not to say mid-late 90's Favre wasn't possibly the best QB stretch ever, because he's definitely up there.

Top Bottom