• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

eznark

Banned
How does doing something they've never done before qualify as restoration?

brandonmarshallwalkou4ixeu.gif

Now we just need a Viking walking away in tears to accurately depict the NFC North in gif form.

iNAdhtEqu1L2.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
But they're part of the NFL that you're done with...

I'll never be done with the game of football despite posting or saying something irrational during a football game. I love playing/watching it as a passion and have since I was in the 4th grade.

However I still believe the call was a deciding factor in the game and the NFL is up to some slimy shit for rating and the refs certainly helped.

PhoenixDark posted this a few pages back, my first time listening to it

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcas...Foster&station_id=2108&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET

"But for many of you yesterday will serve as a wakeup call. That this silly league you bend over to and you bow to served you up something tough today. And you want to have the choice of whether you want to keep taking it or not.

The NFL Head of Officiating, Dean Blandino, was on the party bus with Jerry Jones, how hard would it be for the NFL to say "Every official in then NFL you're getting $250k a year. All year long all you do is football. It's your fulltime job your life revolves around it. You get a doctorates in it.

Why doesn't the NFL do it? Cause they do not want to pay these men, they do not want to provide these men benefits.

So when the NFL really cries about player safety and showed their greed was once they refused to play referees and we had a work stoppage and you had SCAB referees make a mockery of once again of the great game of American football.

And the Detroit Lions fell victim to it yesterday. And yes the call is horrible and yes the call is reprehensible ....."

1.) The lead referee in an NFL playoff game job is parttime and he his main job is as a High School principle.

2.) This was the first time the referee crew had worked together.

3.) Play gets called back without any explanation after the chains had been moved.

What in the fuck.

Suh stay in Blue 2015.

Restore the Roar.

What happened to the Cardinals this season was terrible. I wouldn't wish those offensive injuries on anyone.

To start 9-1 and then lose to sub .500 Panthers...

I'll be rooting for that team for a while.

I would wish all of that and worst for the Steelers, basically anything that isn't life threatening can happen to the Steelers!

eznark

Banned
I'll never be done with the game of football despite posting or saying something irrational during a football game. I love playing/watching it as a passion and have since I was in the 4th grade.

However I still believe the call was a deciding factor in the game and the NFL is up to some slimy shit for rating and the refs certainly helped.

PhoenixDark posted this a few pages back, my first time listening to it

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcas...Foster&station_id=2108&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET

1.) The lead referee in an NFL playoff game job is parttime and he his main job is as a High School principle.

2.) This was the first time the referee crew had worked together.

3.) Play gets called back without any explanation after the chains had been moved.

What in the fuck.

Suh stay in Blue 2015.

Restore the Roar.

Did you listen to 97.1 all day like I did?

"PART TIME THESE GUYS ARE PART TIME HOW CAN THE NFL LET THEM WORK OTHER JOBS"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The best DT in the league whew.

The best defensive player in the league, period. He affects the game more from the defensive side of the ball more than any other player whether it be a linebacker or defensive back.

That's a football player who takes a playoff loss with the emotion who's life and passion is all directed toward the game of football. That shit hurts.

MechDX

The best defensive player in the league, period. He affects the game more from the defensive side of the ball more than any other player whether it be a linebacker or defensive back.

That's a football player who takes a playoff loss with the emotion who's life and passion is all directed toward the game of football. That shit hurts.

You have done posted yourself stupid.

Edit: fucking auto correct

BigAT

How does doing something they've never done before qualify as restoration?

brandonmarshallwalkou4ixeu.gif

Now we just need a Viking walking away in tears to accurately depict the NFC North in gif form.

HrnNflR.gif

Sorry, no tears. I could only find him smiling gleefully while thinking about how hard he beat his son.

Javale-McGee-Dumb1.jpg

#DammitHe'sNotDEAD

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey hey hey.

This thread is only for teams in the playoffs, get that Lions talk to the offseason thread.

jWILL253

Banned
I find it hilarious that the NFC & AFC West divisions cover about three different time zones in the country, and consistently have to travel crazy distances just to play divisional games.

I was 31 the last time the niners went to the superbowl.... the memory of which makes me want to throw a belt over the shower curtain rod and swing

Watching your team win the SB at the age of 25 is awesome. I wasn't too old to the point where no longer wanted to party, or too young to not be able to enjoy it.

Hunter S.

People in Wyoming are so nice. Can't even hate a football team.

Cowboys 8-0 away, GB 8-0 at home. It's like K.I.T.T and K.A.R.R.
Hmmmmmm?? It is black because they hate the Raiders. Wyoming has long been Broncos country.

Also, this map came out at the start of the season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
See, no one hates the Lions. Persecution complex.

No but the NFL no doubt would rather have Jerry Jones and the Cowboys late in the playoffs than the Lions.

I still would like to hear as to why the PI flag was reversed with no explanation given.

Is this the NFL ref czar on Cowboys' party bus? Irate NFL execs say yes

08/07/2014

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew by Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play.

January 5, 2015

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-missed-vs-dallas-cowboys-lb-anthony-hitchens

patrice.png

From the Hannah Storm-Former NFL Referee Jim Daopoulos ESPN interview:

On Dez Bryant running on the field:

“I can tell you honestly, that bothered me more than the pickup of the flag.”

On why officials didn’t make the call:

“I can’t imagine an explanation—there is no explanation. Because that’s a very easy call. Anytime a player comes on the field, in that type of situation, it’s an automatic penalty.”

On the refs preparation:

“It may have been a little intimidating for some of these officials. The game could have been too exciting for them, too big for them.”

Top Bottom