• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

gg Hawks-GAF

You have a great team and it was always going to take perfect performance to overcome that in Seattle. We couldn't muster it. Best of luck on the rest of the playoffs.

Still proud of how the team fought to get this far this year. I'll post more full thoughts on this game and what it means for the Panthers going forward as well as a postmortem on the season later.

If y'all need me, I'll be in the Offseason thread

Lynch on that Kam INT:

B7Cn8kKCUAAsZY9.jpg

lol
gang sign

and crotch grab

goodell pls

Russ is just too fucking good.

At least the Seahawks will have to pay him after this season.

He's good, but he's not elite. If Seahawks give him more than $10-15m/yr, it's overpayment IMO. Better to put that money to use on an elite WR. He's never taken over game; he's mostly had to rely on the D making plays and easing pressure on the offense.

bionic77

Yo bionic, PM my avatar. I'll wear that shit with pride, they played ok. Get us some weapons on offense and grow up a bit in the secondary, this team has a bright future.
I am too depressed dude.

Pats are going to another fucking Superbowl.

Unless someone comes up with something hilarious I am letting you off the hook!

He's good, but he's not elite. If Seahawks give him more than $10-15m/yr, it's overpayment IMO. Better to put that money to use on an elite WR. He's never taken over game; he's mostly had to rely on the D making plays and easing pressure on the offense.

he will make more than $15 mil per year and he wont take a knucklehead team friendly contract like krapernick!

njean777

This was what the Broncos tried to do after the first quarter in the super bowl. Dunking and dunking the ball won't work against the Hawks. They don't give up big yards after the catch.

The Broncos are not the patriots and we're not use to playing that way. Containing Gronk or Edelman and even Amendola will not be easy. Not to mention Blount can truck through lines also.

Bessy67

Somebody will pay him $18-20 million. If the Seahawks don't pony up Russ should wait for free agency/franchise tag.

Russell is definitely an elite QB, how can you question that at this point?

He's doesn't carry the team, though. He's not even the team's MVP.

Also, his numbers are far from elite. He doesn't make a lot of mistake and he's less a game manager than in previous years but he's overly reliant on great defensive plays and his running game

This sounds like Kaepernick. But seriously he does make big plays and conversions and will be worth every penny.

methodman

Banned

Also, his numbers are far from elite. He doesn't make a lot of mistake and he's less a game manager than in previous years but he's overly reliant on great defensive plays and his running game
You think they'd be this good with Kap? Or even cam? Sorry bro. Russ is a beast.

Ps. Kap is garbage.

This sounds like Kaepernick.

kap has taken over a playoff game tho. wussle is good but he's not elite. as i said earlier, there is a lot of scheming that gets wussle easy wide open reads. not saying he doesn't make difficult/accurate throws but again i say he is not an elite QB.

if you put erron/peypey on the raiders, they are very likely a playoff team. if you put wussle on the raiders they are not a playoff team

What is elite to you? Numbers don't make an elite QB. Super Bowls and big plays do, and Wilson does that as well as anybody.

Also their running game was non-existent in the first half yet he carried them to a lead going into halftime.

RBH

What is this supposed growing controversy from the Pats/Ravens games SC just hinted at?

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh objected to what he called a "substitution trick" by the New England Patriots in the third quarter of Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game, saying it was "clearly deception" that he hopes the league examines.

The Patriots dug into their bag of tricks on their second drive of the third quarter, lining up just four offensive linemen and declaring a normally eligible receiver as ineligible to keep Baltimore off balance.

Ravens players were confused about which Patriots to match up with in coverage, and Harbaugh drew an unportsmanlike conduct penalty for running onto the field and screaming in objection. Harbaugh said after the game that the officials "didn't understand what was going on."

"We wanted an opportunity to be able to ID who the eligible players were," Harbaugh said. "What [the Patriots] were doing was they announce the ineligible player and then Tom [Brady] would take them to the line right away and snap the ball before we had a chance to figure out who was lined up where. That was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception.

"So the officials told me after that they would give us the opportunity to do that, which they probably should've done during that series but they didn't really understand what was happening. That's why I had to take the penalty, to get their attention so they would understand what was going on because they didn't understand what was going on. ... That's why guys were open, because we didn't ID where the eligible receivers were at."

Tom Brady disagreed with Harbaugh's description of it as an act of deception.

"I don't know what's deceiving about that," he said.

When informed of Harbaugh's objection, Brady fired back.

"Maybe those guys gotta study the rulebook and figure it out," he said. "We obviously knew what we were doing and we made some pretty important plays. It was a real good weapon for us."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ew-england-patriots-subbing-clearly-deception

What is this supposed growing controversy from the Pats/Ravens games SC just hinted at?

Harbaugh's mad because the refs didn't announce that the Patriots were going with 4 linemen.

The refs fucked up, but he's complaining over nothing because like his brother, he won't blame people he likes (aka people on the team). The defense couldn't stop shit 2 drives in a row to save their season, and they let Edelman throw a touchdown.

Superman0

Can't really call Russ's elite yet, the guy is playing behind the best defense in the league. He isn't carrying team like Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and Brady. However, if Flacco, Cutler, and Matty Ice are getting paid $100 mil + then Russ is getting the same amount lol.

TheFatOne

They no longer have a choice in the matter. It's either pay the man or let him walk. The market for qbs is already set. He's going to get 15+ easily, and is most likely going to be in close to 20 or greater than 20 a year. That's what the market is for good super bowl winning qbs in the NFL.

JNA

Banned
Real talk though pack gaf should relax.. lol

Panthers were 7-9 right?

I'm fine. Seahawks did pretty much what they were expected to do but Cowboys or the Packers still have a chance.

Seahawks look great but not unstoppable. They showed some holes that one of the two top offenses left could expose next week even more.

Bessy67

What is elite to you? Numbers don't make an elite QB. Super Bowls and big plays do, and Wilson does that as well as anybody.

Also their running game was non-existent in the first half yet he carried them to a lead going into halftime.
Eh, he's good but not elite. That defense and running game (which admittedly wasn't stellar tonight) can make a lot of QBs look better.

Somebody will pay him $18-20 million. If the Seahawks don't pony up Russ should wait for free agency/franchise tag.

Still under contract for 2015. Seahawks have all the chips. Ride him for one more year...

Don't think it's wise to give him Rodgers-type money. Front office would be stupid to waste that much money on him. And disappointed that he would not take a hometown discount, for the team that believed in him despite his diminutive stature...

Brady is a great example of a QB who prioritises his team over himself, always taking pay cuts to help the team signing or re-signing other players

bionic77

That just means he is smart. He does what he has to to win.

People said the same shit about Tammy when the Pats were cheating and kicking their way to a few illegitimate championships (and they were fucking right). People also said the same thing about Ben when he was young, before he cracked his face on the motorcycle (and they were wrong).

Wussle is not elite yet but he is going to be elite in 4 more years. But he is a great qb and there are not many better than him right now. Usually elite qb's don't win SBs though. Because they make too much money and the teams are too reliant on them.

Top Bottom