• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Beyond lists, the Ravens-Patriots game was good football for anyone.

It was painfully obvious that we were going to blow that game. I said it multiple times, and people thought it was an attempt at a jinx, but no, it was just my experience with the Ravens. When Flacco had a chance to win the game on that last drive, all I kept thinking was 2008 AFC Championship game-Troy Polomalu.

The way the Seahawks are built, Wilson, IMO, is expendable. I am sure Kaepernick would do just as well, given a more stable environment (SF is just a mess at the moment) and better coaching and mentorship.
I believe this as well. Seattle is just so well run that you could put a lot of qbs in the league there and have similar results.

cdyhybrid

Russell's not top 5 overall. But he's the best fit for this offense and terrible O-line.

He's doing what is asked of him, that's all that's needed.

StormKing

The problem with Wilson is that we have seen him without a good running game and defense. When we did see this earlier this year Rams, Dallas, Cheifs, and Chargers all beat them. Wilson cannot carry a team without the defense or running game, you can only run (talking about Wilson here) so much until somebody gets a good hit on you. Look at Vick and I see the same thing happening to Wilson, of course Wilson has a SB ring though.

Harvin was the receiver for those games correct?

Bitanator

Wilson is damn good, Super Smart, what I want in a Quarterback. In a couple years he will be in the top 3 in the league when the old folk hang it up

njean777

Haha it's all good man, it's all good!!

Now... who do I root for tomorrow!! I feel that Packers gaf is often very disrespectful BUT I believe that Cowboys gaf is even MORE disrespectful, I might have to give my sword to the Fighting Gregs!!

If you root for the packers we may be somewhat friends (for 3 hours). After that though I will go back to hating your team and hoping they lose though :p

Russell's not top 5 overall. But he's the best fit for this offense and terrible O-line.

He's doing what is asked of him, that's all that's needed.

Therefore, why giving him $20m/yr (which, btw, the Seahawks cannot afford as it stands) when you could potentially slot in another QB and get roughly similar results..

Furyous

Lol who gives a shit if Russell's an elite quarterback, all I know is with him as the QB my historically shitty ass Seattle Seahawks have won a super bowl, and have a chance to win a second.

^^^ All of this word for word.

I'm disappointed in a strong percentage of SeahawksGAF, if Andrew Luck loses and none of you eviscerate this Andrew Luck myth. Of course, you'd have better stuff to do after this victory tonight but at some point in the offseason someone needs to shred this Andrew Luck myth. By all measurements that matter, Russell is the better quarterback since people claim he's not in the same class as Andrew. No team worth a damn allows a quarterback this talented walk because he doesn't throw for 400 yards every week. It's not easy to perform at a high level at that position week in and out.

MechDX

As much as I am sickened by the week long cum slurping of Manning vs Brady 74 or whatever number it is Ill be damned if I root for the colts to win jack shit

If Wilson gets another ring, I can't even make up a reason why he wouldn't deserve whatever money he feels he's worth, whether it's $5 a year or $50 mil.

I want Ravens Pats to play in the playoffs every year, hopefully next time at Baltimore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop laughing at the idea of the Ravens having a home playoff game next year when our regular season schedule will include games against the Broncos, Chargers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams, 49ers (yeah I know but anything could happen in the offseason) and Chiefs.

Our division gonna be fucked

Bessy67

^^^ All of this word for word.

I'm disappointed in all of SeahawksGAF if Andrew Luck loses and none of you eviscerate this Andrew Luck myth. By all measurements that matter, Russell is the better quarterback since people claim he's not in the same class as Andrew. No team worth a damn allows a quarterback this talented walk because he doesn't throw for 400 yards every week. It's not easy to perform at a high level at that position week in and out.
Andrew Luck went to the worst team in the NFL and has carried them to the playoffs. Russel has coasted along with the best D and one of the best running games in the league. Put Luck on the Seahawks and they're just as good if not better. Put Wilson on the Colts and I'm not sure if they make the playoffs.

If you think the 49ers are going to be easy next year then you haven't been paying attention. Our defence is still going to be top 3 and we might have a competent offense!

Therefore, why giving him $20m/yr (which, btw, the Seahawks cannot afford as it stands) when you could potentially slot in another QB and get roughly similar results..

He's treated like a god in that city, basically the biggest sports celebrity in Seattle since...uh...

It wouldn't surprise me if he took more money elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took less and stayed.

The problem with Wilson is that we have seen him without a good running game and defense. When we did see this earlier this year Rams, Dallas, Cheifs, and Chargers all beat them. Wilson cannot carry a team without the defense or running game, you can only run (talking about Wilson here) so much until somebody gets a good hit on you. Look at Vick and I see the same thing happening to Wilson, of course Wilson has a SB ring though.

Wilson is a far more accurate and intelligent passer than Vick ever was.

He's treated like a god in that city, basically the biggest sports celebrity in Seattle since...uh...

It wouldn't surprise me if he took more money elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took less and stayed.

Ichiro? Griffey? Payton?

The only guy as close to Russell in popularity in Seattle right now sports wise is Felix Hernandez.

cdyhybrid

Not many QBs could keep an offense functional behind this O-line. If this season has taught us anything, it's that a competent starting QB is a rare commodity.

Letting Russell go would be an unmitigated disaster unless the line made a huge leap in the offseason.

If you think the 49ers are going to be easy next year then you haven't been paying attention. Our defence is still going to be top 3 and we might have a competent offense!

Are you going to hire Ryan as coach? I hate it and love it. Hate it because it'll be a good hire, and your D would be ferocious. Like it because I enjoy him and wouldn't mind him being all over the media here.

MechDX

Are you going to hire Ryan as coach? I hate it and love it. Hate it because it'll be a good hire, and your D would be ferocious. Like it because I enjoy him and wouldn't mind him being all over the media here.

628x471.jpg

Niners coaching staff 2015

You cannot put a price on having a really good, smart, elite QB like Russel. People take that shit for granted. The team the Seahawks were playing today are a prime example. Over the last couple of years the Panthers have had a very good defense and a solid run game and what has it gotten them? You have Cam and Russel trade places and the Panthers are better while Seattle gets worse. This league is all about Quarterbacking and Coaching. When you have one or both of those things you don't take them for granted.

I'd take Wilson over Manning or Romo any day at this point.
Eh, you think if you put Wilson on a team with an awful D (like this year's Cowboys) that he'd be able to lead them to the playoffs? Wilson is good in his current role where he doesn't have to do everything but I don't think he can carry an otherwise mediocre team.

People still don't wanna give Wilson his due? lol

Guy has a shit offensive line and terrible receivers and still manages to put together a respectable offensive performance week in and week out. He's good. Deal with it.

Eh, you think if you put Wilson on a team with an awful D (like this year's Cowboys) that he'd be able to lead them to the playoffs? Wilson is good in his current role where he doesn't have to do everything but I don't think he can carry an otherwise mediocre team.

To be fair, the only reason the Cowboys are as good as they are this season is because Tony Romo doesn't have to do everything.

njean777

Wilson is a far more accurate and intelligent passer than Vick ever was.

Doesn't show much, he runs all the time though and that will be a problem if a defensive player gets a good hit on him. I rarely ever see him stay in the pocket unless he is slanging it to the sideline, or hoping for a big play (like Flacco). Then again I don't pay much attention to their games as I don't care for the seahawks. The games I have seen though which is like 4 of them that is all he does and it works for now, but in the future when they lose that defense and Lynch I can see it becoming a huge problem.

cdyhybrid

People still don't wanna give Wilson his due? lol

Guy has a shit offensive line and terrible receivers and still manages to put together a respectable offensive performance week in and week out. He's good. Deal with it.
Whoa whoa whoa.

Our receivers are pedestrian, not terrible ;)

NolbertoS

You forgot to finish..since Ken Griffey Jr, Big Unit, Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. Thr Seahawks were a laughingstock in the late 80's and early 90's. It wasn't until, Mike Holmgren came that Seattle started getting better and made the SuperBowl.

Russell Wilson is so disrespected by wverybody outside of Seattle. The man was told he was short, can't match Manning, Luck or Brady. The team and him destroyed the Broncos and if they make the SuperBowl and beat thr Patriots, people will still think he's average. He's the future of NFL QB's, short, run like a running back and have a good arm, and dynamic.

So a guy in his early 20s is going to take a pay cut because bandwagon fans will comp him appletinis at the neighborhood Applebee's?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Who's the five greatest QBs of all time?

Think about it!

1. DEREK
2. DEREK
3. DEREK
4. DEREK
5. DEREK

Cause he slangs hot fiyah!!!

derekanderson.jpg

Furyous

Andrew Luck went to the worst team in the NFL and has carried them to the playoffs. Russel has coasted along with the best D and one of the best running games in the league. Put Luck on the Seahawks and they're just as good if not better. Put Wilson on the Colts and I'm not sure if they make the playoffs.

Andrew started his career with Reggie Wayne, Donald Brown, Dwight Freeney, the rest of that veteran defense, a veteran offensive line, and offensive weapons. Miss me crying poverty because your team with 2-14 the previous year. They went 2-14 because Peyton went down and their team was suited to Petyon's play style. Luck inherited a veteran team coming off a bad year. Russell's numbers tell you to shut up about coasting. Put Luck on the Seahawks and we don't know where they'd be because Andrew isn't as good as Russell. The Colts go further with Russell at the helm. Andrew plays in a weaker division honestly. You're not winning this one and you know it. Russell wished he started his career with a hall of fame wide receiver and his college tight end.

Bowser

Russ ain't taking less. He ain't dumb. He wasn't making first round QB money; Seahawks got top 10 QB play for pennies. They're going to have to pay up to keep him.

JNA

Banned

Since Ken Griffey Jr? The greatest fucking baseball player to ever live?

And I will debate anybody on that to the death. Ken Griffey was a boss with also the greatest swing ever. <3

njean777

You forgot to finish..since Ken Griffey Jr, Big Unit, Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. Thr Seahawks were a laughingstock in the late 80's and early 90's. It wasn't until, Mike Holmgren came that Seattle started getting better and made the SuperBowl.

Russell Wilson is so disrespected by wverybody outside of Seattle. The man was told he was short, can't match Manning, Luck or Brady. The team and him destroyed the Broncos and if they make the SuperBowl and beat thr Patriots, people will still think he's average. He's the future of NFL QB's, short, run like a running back and have a good arm, and dynamic.

Eh, eventually you have to learn how to stay in the pocket because you are not going to be able to take hits as much and your legs are not going to be as mobile.

jbug617

Banned
The thing that still puzzles me is why the Ravens stopped running in the Red Zone when they had to settle for a FG. Pats couldn't stop them.

rando14

Since Ken Griffey Jr? The greatest fucking baseball player to ever live?

And I will debate anybody on that to the death. Ken Griffey was a boss with also the greatest swing ever. <3

Hm..

This post... MAY be the start of your redemption. I say MAY!!

RIP Bluemax ;_;

To be fair, the only reason the Cowboys are as good as they are this season is because Tony Romo doesn't have to do everything.
Well if we're trying to be fair then the Cowboys would have made the playoffs last year too if they simply had a bad defense (like this year) instead of the worst in the league (and in Cowboys history).

Romo's been carrying this team since the bye anyway. Demarco is dead.

Top Bottom