• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

MechDX

i sure fucking hope so!

GaryKubiak020210.jpg

Someone put the Niners logo over the Texans logo

What is elite to you? Numbers don't make an elite QB. Super Bowls and big plays do, and Wilson does that as well as anybody.

Also their running game was non-existent in the first half yet he carried them to a lead going into halftime.

lol. Super Bowl MVP was a linebacker. Wilson played error-free football but the Super Bowl was hardly his best game. He played flawlessly today and he's been on a hot streak over the past month, I will not deny that.

They no longer have a choice in the matter. It's either pay the man or let him walk. The market for qbs is already set. He's going to get 15+ easily, and is most likely going to be in close to 20 or greater than 20 a year. That's what the market is for good super bowl winning qbs in the NFL.

Then let another sucker pay for that. That will free up other skill players that I am sure other teams with more cap space will be happy to snatch away.

Market for QB, whilst set as you say, is grossly overpriced though. I like Wilson, he's a good lad and seems to be down to earth, but paying him what top guys like Rodgers, Manning or Luck are making is just insane.

Furyous

First Superbowl winner to win a playoff game since 2005? What? Really?

Winning another playoff game the following year is as hard as winning another title apparently. Every team gives those teams their best performance week in and out. Let's talk about the recent game.

CROWN THEIR ASSES according to Dennis Green. Someone help me come up with a good plea cop to take away from Russell Wilson's greatness. Does the "he's not as good as Andrew Luck" excuse work? Let me know where to recalibrate these goalposts. Their secondary coach needs a raise and a promotion from someone.

I'm looking forward to young Peyton versus old Peyton tomorrow. If the Colts win pundits across the country have to shut the fuck up forever about their alleged lack of defense. I'm talking about the same defense that enables them to make the playoffs each year. Denver's defense is stacked and Elway deserves praise for building it whatever the result of the game.

I'm fine. Seahawks did pretty much what they were expected to do but Cowboys or the Packers still have a chance.

Seahawks look great but not unstoppable. They showed some holes that one of the two top offenses left could expose next week even more.

And Rodgers should at least throw at Sherman to keep the D honest

Still under contract for 2015. Seahawks have all the chips. Ride him for one more year...

Don't think it's wise to give him Rodgers-type money. Front office would be stupid to waste that much money on him. And disappointed that he would not take a hometown discount, for the team that believed in him despite his diminutive stature...

Brady is a great example of a QB who prioritises his team over himself, always taking pay cuts to help the team signing or re-signing other players

Tom is near the end and has got paid before x has a ton of endorsements, plus he's married to Giselle who has a ton of money as well
Russell needs to get paid big once

U can't blame Wilson for getting paid when Romo, Cutler and Matty Ice got their respective deals. He has all the leverage to get a contract more rewarding based on his success compared to those guys.

To me elite QB suggests top 5 and I think Wilson is definitely that.

i would agree that top 5 means elite. These are qb's i think are better than wussle (and i'm being EXTREMELY generous leaving a couple more names off the list that could be seen as debateable):

1. peypey
2. erron
3. romo
4. brady
5. luck
6. rivers
7. roofles

you are just basing this off the game you just watched, in which wussle played a really efficient game and made plays. i guess if you feel he is elite that is your opinion but i dont agree with that

Slurmer

Banned
Panthers should be ok next year.

They started 8 rookies today...they should improve.

Get rid of Bell, Harper, Williams, Bersin, and Shula.

Hopefully Hardy wont be an idiot if they decide to keep him.

Get Cam another decent receiver.

TheFatOne

lol. Super Bowl MVP was a linebacker. Wilson played error-free football but the Super Bowl was hardly his best game. He played flawlessly today and he's been on a hot streak over the past month, I will not deny that.

Then let another sucker pay for that. That will free up other skill players that I am sure other teams with more cap space will be happy to snatch away.

Market for QB, whilst set as you say, is grossly overpriced though. I like Wilson, he's a good lad and seems to be down to earth, but paying him what top guys like Rodgers, Manning or Luck are making is just insane.

And who do you think is suddenly going to appear at qb? You still need a competent qb to win super bowls. That's an incredibly risky gamble letting Wilson go, and in fact I believe that would be about the dumbest thing the Seahawks could ever do. When you have a good qb you don't let him go. They don't have a choice they have to pay him market value unless he takes a hometown discount period. Ask yourself this can this defense win a super bowl with a Hoyer level qb? Because that's about the level of qb you are going to have if they let Wilson go.

Edit:Were you dissapointed when he was severely underpaid due to his rookie contract? He has so far earned every penny. No way you take a hometown discount on your first big contract.

rando14

Lol who gives a shit if Russell's an elite quarterback, all I know is with him as the QB my historically shitty ass Seattle Seahawks have won a super bowl, and have a chance to win a second.

JNA

Banned
That list is fucking stupid right now.

Beyond lists, the Ravens-Patriots game was good football for anyone.

Did you change your avatar? 0_0

...also I'm not exactly sure what is exactly stupid about the list. What does the Pats-Ravens game have to do with anything?

Panthers should be ok next year.

They started 8 rookies today...they should improve.

Get rid of Bell, Harper, Williams, Bersin, and Shula.

Hopefully Hardy wont be an idiot if they decide to keep him.

Get Cam another decent receiver.

This will be the worst Panthers team for a while and I don't see the division suddenly turning back into a juggernaut.

We may not have to wait another ten years for a playoff appearance again.

But they're not keeping Hardy. Even if he manages to beat the DV trial in court, his image is too damaged and Richardson doesn't play that. That's a big 13.1 million dollar paycheck for a guy with his baggage.

JNA

Banned
Lol who gives a shit if Russell's an elite quarterback, all I know is with him as the QB my historically shitty ass Seattle Seahawks have won a super bowl, and have a chance to win a second.

Bingo.

Seahawks prove you don't need an elite QB to win. They are doing just fine with Russ, and he's a good player either way.

njean777

The problem with Wilson is that we have seen him without a good running game and defense. When we did see this earlier this year Rams, Dallas, Cheifs, and Chargers all beat them. Wilson cannot carry a team without the defense or running game, you can only run (talking about Wilson here) so much until somebody gets a good hit on you. Look at Vick and I see the same thing happening to Wilson, of course Wilson has a SB ring though.

And who do you think is suddenly going to appear at qb? You still need a competent qb to win super bowls. That's an incredibly risky gamble letting Wilson go, and in fact I believe that would be about the dumbest thing the Seahawks could ever do. When you have a good qb you don't let him go. They don't have a choice they have to pay him market value unless he takes a hometown discount period. Ask yourself this can this defense win a super bowl with a Hoyer level qb? Because that's about the level of qb you are going to have if they let Wilson go.

Hoyer is just inconsistent, but he did lead the Browns to the biggest ever comeback by a visiting team this season. Hoyer doesn't benefit from one of the league's best rushing attack and defense, though, so that invalidates the comparison.

FA market for QBs this year is terrible, but it's irrelevant as Wilson is still under contract for one more year.

Seahawks have had a top defense and rushing attack for about the same time as Russell has been the team's starting QB. Not sure if it's a coincidence but that about explains it.

The problem with Wilson is that we haven't seen him without a good running game and defense. When we did see them with a bad defense this year Rams, Dallas, Cheifs, and Chargers all beat them. Wilson cannot carry a team without the defense or running game, you can only run so much until somebody gets a good hit on you. Look at Vick and I see the same thing happening to Wilson, of course Wilson has a SB ring though.

QFT.

Sanjuro

Did you change your avatar? 0_0

...also I'm not exactly sure what is exactly stupid about the list. What does the Pats-Ravens game have to do with anything?

Luck is on a list...with anything. Not saying it isn't true, just disingenuous when we have some great games to be played.

Bessy67

Haha it's all good man, it's all good!!

Now... who do I root for tomorrow!! I feel that Packers gaf is often very disrespectful BUT I believe that Cowboys gaf is even MORE disrespectful, I might have to give my sword to the Fighting Gregs!!
We're still bitter over that fail mary bullshit.

Top Bottom