• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

He's treated like a god in that city, basically the biggest sports celebrity in Seattle since...uh...

It wouldn't surprise me if he took more money elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took less and stayed.

Seattle is notoriously known for having a lot of bandwagon fans. If Russell is traded or not re-signed, they will jump on the next best thing and people will forget Russell...

Not many QBs could keep an offense functional behind this O-line. If this season has taught us anything, it's that a competent starting QB is a rare commodity.

Letting Russell go would be an unmitigated disaster unless the line made a huge leap in the offseason.

No it would not be. As long as that defense is there and that they can properly replace Dan Quinn, and that they are able to pound the ball effectively with a good running game, then Seattle always has a shot. Wilson is no Dilfer, make no mistake, but he's no Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Romo, etc. When adversity shows up, he's never been in a position to take over games like his contemporaries have.

The only difference though, for Wilson, is that adversity has only shown up once in the playoffs (in 2012-13, when they lost to Atlanta).

JNA

Banned

Hm..

This post... MAY be the start of your redemption. I say MAY!!

RIP Bluemax ;_;

Nobody talks bad about my man Griffey. The guy would have had 800+ freaking home runs if it wasn't for the injuries. :(

And he still hit 600+ and didn't even need steroids to do it! :3

Doesn't show much, he runs all the time though and that will be a problem if a defensive player gets a good hit on him. I rarely ever see him stay in the pocket unless he is slanging it to the sideline, or hoping for a big play (like Flacco). Then again I don't pay much attention to their games as I don't care for the seahawks. The games I have seen though which is like 4 of them that is all he does and it works for now, but in the future when they lose that defense and Lynch I can see it becoming a huge problem.

If you actually watched and understood the Seahawks you'd see how wrong you are, shrug.

Meat Packers are 8-0 at home
Cowboys are 8-0 on the road

somethings_gotta_give_02.jpg

watershed

Banned
So silly that after the Hawks win people try to downplay Russ' abilities. He makes big plays both throwing and rushing and makes good decisions thru our the game. He doesn't throw recklessly like Cam or Kap. He's worth 20+mil easily.

Since Ken Griffey Jr? The greatest fucking baseball player to ever live?

And I will debate anybody on that to the death. Ken Griffey was a boss with also the greatest swing ever. <3

It's like you forgot what a god Ichiro was early in his career. He was pretty damn popular in Seattle and other places.

I said I don't care for them, shrug.

I can't help people who don't like football.

The thing that still puzzles me is why the Ravens stopped running in the Red Zone when they had to settle for a FG. Pats couldn't stop them.

I just said that to GQman while were playing PS4.

But by that point, you figured out the blueprints to beat the Ravens.

Never run. Only pass.

Only pass.

One thing I still don't understand, why did the Patriots and Seahawks play today instead of Sunday? You'd think that since they were the #1 seeds that they should be the teams to get an extra day of rest and preparation.

Or is it all just about ratings? Because obviously the Cowboys and Broncos attract the most viewers.

So silly that after the Hawks win people try to downplay Russ' abilities. He makes big plays both throwing and rushing and makes good decisions thru our the game. He doesn't throw recklessly like Cam or Kap. He's worth 20+mil easily.

Is saying he's not top 5 in the league downplaying his abilities? Nobody is denying that he's a good qb.

JNA

Banned
It's like you forgot what a god Ichiro was early in his career. He was pretty damn popular in Seattle and other places.

Loved Ichiro too.

Mariners overall had many player's I loved on the team. Edgar Martinez, Griffey, Randy Johnson, etc. They even had A-Rod God damn!

How the hell did that Mariners team not win a World Series? :(

Andrew started his career with Reggie Wayne, Donald Brown, Dwight Freeney, the rest of that veteran defense, a veteran offensive line, and offensive weapons. Miss me crying poverty because your team with 2-14 the previous year. They went 2-14 because Peyton went down and their team was suited to Petyon's play style. Luck inherited a veteran team coming off a bad year. Russell's numbers tell you to shut up about coasting. Put Luck on the Seahawks and we don't know where they'd be because Andrew isn't as good as Russell. The Colts go further with Russell at the helm. Andrew plays in a weaker division honestly. You're not winning this one and you know it. Russell wished he started his career with a hall of fame wide receiver and his college tight end.

What is this I don't even.

Reggie Wayne (bless his soul) was already old as fuck by the time Luck came on. The fact that you list Donald Brown as a positive is beyond me, and Dwight Freeney?? Did you even see what Dwight Freeney did in the first year of Lucks career? At least you could have said Robert Mathis, who transitioned to OLB much better than Dwight did. Not to mention most of the starters on offense and defense was gutted, and rebuilt by a new GM and with a completely new system by a new coach.

Russell's an excellent QB (and a sneaker fucker that keeps escaping pressure), but he certainly doesn't have to carry his team like Luck does.

One thing I still don't understand, why did the Patriots and Seahawks play today instead of Sunday? You'd think that since they were the #1 seeds that they should be the teams to get an extra day of rest and preparation.

Or is it all just about ratings? Because obviously the Cowboys and Broncos attract the most viewers.

They are getting an extra day of rest, next round.

Bessy67

He's a game manager. He's really good at it and he doesn't make mistakes, but without that defense and Lynch he's not anything special. I'm not saying it to take away from the Seahawks; I think they're a great team and I don't see anyone beating them. But if the Seahawks have to pay him 20 mil and as a result can't pay their defense then I don't see Russel Wilson carrying the team like a Rodgers, Brady or Manning does.

The Luck vs. Russel comparison in this regard are flawed because ultimately the Seahawks can't get rid of Wilson and sign Luck. They will get rid of Wilson and sign some hit or miss scrub like 75% of the rest of the league who are desperately trying to find a QB do. Wilson is absolutely a franchise QB. That he's not as talented as Luck or Peyton Manning is irrelevant. When you find a QB you can win a Super Bowl with you do everything you can to keep them.

Kiryu

From Panthers-GAF?

We (Panthers-GAF) are all giving you your props and congratulating you on the win. You'd have to actually expect to win to be salty when you don't.
No, I don't mean you. I don't want to rub in someone face. I just remembered someone stated that "in 2 hours, all seahawks posters will be around here" meaning salty if lose.

At least you played better than Denver Broncos did in SB48

Loved Ichiro too.

Mariners overall had many player's I loved on the team. Edgar Martinez, Griffey, Randy Johnson, etc. They even had A-Rod God damn!

How the hell did that Mariners team not win a World Series? :(

mlb_g_ayala_195.jpg

Also they had no rotation past the Big Unit.

Bessy67

The Luck vs. Russel comparison in this regard are flawed because ultimately the Seahawks can't get rid of Wilson and sign Luck. They will get rid of Wilson and sign some hit or miss scrub like 75% of the rest of the league who are desperately trying to find a QB do. Wilson is absolutely a franchise QB. That he's not as talented as Luck or Peyton Manning is irrelevant. When you find a QB you can win a Super Bowl with you do everything you can to keep them.
But can they win a Super Bowl with him when he's eating up 20+ million of their cap space?

jWILL253

Banned
lol. Super Bowl MVP was a linebacker. Wilson played error-free football but the Super Bowl was hardly his best game. He played flawlessly today and he's been on a hot streak over the past month, I will not deny that.

Then let another sucker pay for that. That will free up other skill players that I am sure other teams with more cap space will be happy to snatch away.

Market for QB, whilst set as you say, is grossly overpriced though. I like Wilson, he's a good lad and seems to be down to earth, but paying him what top guys like Rodgers, Manning or Luck are making is just insane.

The way the Seahawks are built, Wilson, IMO, is expendable. I am sure Kaepernick would do just as well, given a more stable environment (SF is just a mess at the moment) and better coaching and mentorship.

Clown shoes posts, and LOL at the bolded.

There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL. There are about 5 to 6 great ones (Brady, Manning, Wilson, Luck, Brees and Rodgers, not in that order), a few really good ones (Ryan, Romo, Rothlesberger, and Rivers), and a couple that constantly toe the line between great and garbage (Eli, Flacco, Newton, and Kaepernick).

That's 14 QB's for 14 teams. Every other QB is either average, young and inexperienced, or purely incompetent. And five of the aforementioned QB's haven't even been to a Super Bowl, let alone actually won like Wilson has.

Your assessment that Wilson is expendable, when more than half of the league wishes they could have him on their team, is a very silly, laughable assessment. That is straight Matt Millen talk. You might as well have been gaining your precious insights on player value from Woody Johnson. The Jaguars wouldn't even hire you at GM. Al Davies is turning in his grave after reading your posts.

You can't just put in any guy at QB. They don't grow on trees. Show some respect and act like you actually know football.

watershed

Banned
He's a game manager. He's really good at it and he doesn't make mistakes, but without that defense and Lynch he's not anything special. I'm not saying it to take away from the Seahawks; I think they're a great team and I don't see anyone beating them. But if the Seahawks have to pay him 20 mil and as a result can't pay their defense then I don't see Russel Wilson carrying the team like a Rodgers, Brady or Manning does.
We already locked up the key pieces of our defense for the next 4 to 5 years. Only Wagner is left. Lynch is still on contract for 1 more year and Turbo has been solid this year. If any team has a great D and a great run like us and you take away those assets of course they would suck. That's a no brainer.

But can they win a Super Bowl with him when he's eating up 20+ million of their cap space?

like every other team it depends on how well they can draft and evaluate talent to keep the personnel stocked. That's what the NFL is. You pay your QB and linemen and everyone else is expendable and replaceable.

JNA

Banned
mlb_g_ayala_195.jpg

Also they had no rotation past the Big Unit.

I looked up that guy's win and loss record in 1998.

...1-10?! With an over 7+ era!?

The fuck did they keep that joker on the team? You would have better chances with ME pitching lol.

not really

I feel like people who think Russell Wilson is expendable didn't watch the Seahawks with Tarvaris Jackson.

T-Jack future is basically the homeless mans Russell Wilson, which is all they would be able to find on the free market if they let Wilson go. Are the Seahawks still a Super Bowl team with T-Jack getting the starts?

Top Bottom