• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The officials making the Lions puss out and punt on 4th and 1 was really the worst call of the game.

Refute anything I posted before bringing up that play.

Dean Blandino, the NFL head of officials, parties on a bus with Jerry Jones. The day after one of the most indescribable calls in NFL history that benefited Jerry Jones, he is the one defending the call.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

How?

Remember when Jerry paid the NFL to give the Cowboys a $10 million cap penalty, for doing absolutely nothing wrong? Good times.

Posters itt have such irrational and childish hate for Kas that they side with Dallas, I have yet to meet anyone irl or outside of this forum who thought this wasn't jobbed. Hell even some dallas fans went "Eh shit happens" but for you guys to deny the play made a difference in the game is insane, without that play the Lions are on the verge of scoring. Yes we only put up 3 points but we were fucking heading for more and we could've potentially put the game away or fucked it up. That'd be fine, but for the Cowboys to get away with 3 penalties in one play, in a road game is completely demoralizing and absolutely shifted the momentum of the game.

"But you guys only put up 3 points."

Doesn't matter the call was bullshit and we were robbed.

Kas, I'm with you. Nobody wants to let small market bad guys like our teams win. That's why they turned the lights off at the Super Bowl on the Ravens! But they couldn't stop us, because of Ray Ray magic.

In your conspiring face, Roger!

Kas, what happened to Stafford on that last drive?

I know this is a sad attempt to ridicule him but did you even watch what happened?

He was sacked twice because of shit OL play, Megatron dropped a pass, Megatron got an offside penalty that killed us. That last drive wasn't Stafford's fault at all, can't blame the QB for sacks when the ball is held for less than four seconds. Idek why I'm entertaining this poor trolling attempt tho

Posters itt have such irrational and childish hate for Kas that they side with Dallas, I have yet to meet anyone irl or outside of this forum who thought this wasn't jobbed. Hell even some dallas fans went "Eh shit happens" but for you guys to deny the play made a difference in the game is insane, without that play the Lions are on the verge of scoring. Yes we only put up 3 points but we were fucking heading for more and we could've potentially put the game away or fucked it up. That'd be fine, but for the Cowboys to get away with 3 penalties in one play, in a road game is completely demoralizing and absolutely shifted the momentum of the game.

"But you guys only put up 3 points."

Doesn't matter the call was bullshit and we were robbed.

That call didn't give Dallas the game. Your shitty punter, your defense (who didn't have a few calls go their way but still couldn't cover anyone), and Stafford having chicken grease on his fingers gave Dallas the game.

ShaneB

Unless the Panthers make a run, I just can't put together any sort of interesting SB match up I care about.

I know this is a sad attempt to ridicule him but did you even watch what happened?

He was sacked twice because of shit OL play, Megatron dropped a pass, Megatron got an offside penalty that killed us. That last drive wasn't Stafford's fault at all, can't blame the QB for sacks when the ball is held for less than four seconds. Idek why I'm entertaining this poor trolling attempt tho

4 seconds? That's an eternity by NFL standards, lol. Come on now.

Kas, what happened to Stafford on that last drive?

That call didn't give Dallas the game. Your shitty punter, your defense (who didn't have a few calls go their way but still couldn't cover anyone), and Stafford having chicken grease on his fingers gave Dallas the game.

How did Stafford's fumble lose us the game? We recovered the ball and got a new set of downs, the second sack was on fourth down anyways so whether or not he fumbled it was game over.

The Punter shit the bed yes.

The defense got literally everything called on it possible and the Cowboys got away with blatant false starts and holding calls and got no flags.

We get down the field and get a FG/TD and more than likely Dallas starts the drive at their 20 with LESS time on the clock, WIth less momentum.

Not to mention the fact even if we get a FG and Dallas gets a TD the playcalling changes on that last drive because then we'd need a FG and not a TD.

That call changed the direction of the game greatly and you're a blind Dallas supporter/Kas hater if you deny this. If that call stands I'm not saying we WIN. But we have a MUCH MUCH better chance of winning if the refs didn't shit the bed. The blatant hold calls on that final TD drive made me livid and just proves how fixed this game was.

zychi

Banned
Refute anything I posted before bringing up that play.

Dean Blandino, the NFL head of officials, parties on a bus with Jerry Jones. The day after one of the most indescribable calls in NFL history that benefited Jerry Jones, he is the one defending the call.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

How?
6 points in the second half.

Stafford throwing behind Pettigrew, the 6th option on the offense.

Not letting Tony Romo throw to Terrence Williams in the back of the end zone wide open, being 13th ranked pass def in the reg season, and letting a guy with a broken spine have all day. Blame your terrible defense who could barely handle the Bears.

This is just from only seeing the 4th quarter.

I think I like when DET is out of the playoffs, at least we wouldn't have to hear Lions fans whine and cry until their next playoff appearance in 2025.

How did Stafford's fumble lose us the game? We recovered the ball and got a new set of downs, the second sack was on fourth down anyways so whether or not he fumbled it was game over.

The defense got literally everything called on it possible and the Cowboys got away with blatant false starts and holding calls and got no flags.

We get down the field and get a FG/TD and more than likely Dallas starts the drive at their 20 with LESS time on the clock, WIth less momentum.

Not to mention the fact even if we get a FG and Dallas gets a TD the playcalling changes on that last drive because then we'd need a FG and not a TD.

That call changed the direction of the game greatly and you're a blind Dallas supporter/Kas hater if you deny this. If that call stands I'm not saying we WIN. But we have a MUCH MUCH better chance of winning if the refs didn't shit the bed. The blatant hold calls on that final TD drive made me livid and just proves how fixed this game was.

Kas is this your alt?

You're making assumptions and using hyperbole to further your point. This is not like the Fail Mary where if the call went your way, there was a 100% chance of you winning.You went from being a favorite if the call went your way, to still being a favorite when it didn't. You're refusing to accept defeat and using this as a scapegoat to hide reality.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like you have a bad case of can't-hold-the-L-itis, alt of :kas.

6 points in the second half.

Stafford throwing behind Pettigrew, the 6th option on the offense.

Not letting Tony Romo throw to Terrence Williams in the back of the end zone wide open, being 13th ranked pass def in the reg season, and letting a guy with a broken spine have all day. Blame your terrible defense who could barely handle the Bears.

This is just from only seeing the 4th quarter.

I think I like when DET is out of the playoffs, at least we wouldn't have to hear Lions fans whine and cry until their next playoff appearance in 2025.
So because we made mistakes we deserved the calls the refs made that changed the game.

Terrible defense? What the fuck you didn't even watch the game so miss me with that BS, we were losing the field position battle all game and the ONLY reason why they got the TD at the end was because of the blatant holding calls the OL of dallas did(funny they called us on every hold but ignored dallas the entire drive)

Our defense is ranked second in the league for a reason, outside a few big plays the cowboys offense wasn't impressive.

Like I said the irrational Kas hate itt make some of you guys posts hard to read without wondering if you know anything about football or hate kas so much you make up BS wto put down the Lions.

Kas is this your alt?

You're making assumptions and using hyperbole to further your point. This is not like the Fail Mary where if the call went your way, there was a 100% chance of you winning.You went from being a favorite if the call went your way, to still being a favorite when it didn't. You're refusing to accept defeat and using this as a scapegoat to hide reality.
Bet $100 I'm not Kas' alt, I'm just a detroit fan who's tired of the ridiculous bullshit that goes on in this topic. Fuck outta here with baseless assumptions.

Also how is the Lions scoring from the Dalllas 30 a hyperbole? Are you serious?

MechDX

The posters here defending Kas have no idea of the Lions shit pumping the regulars here were witness to for the past 10 months.

cdyhybrid

Bet $100 I'm not Kas' alt, I'm just a detroit fan who's tired of the ridiculous bullshit that goes on in this topic. Fuck outta here with baseless assumptions.

Go to bed :kas.

Useless troll baiting post, accusing someone of being an alt account should also be bannable tbh.

So now you're gonna backseat mod?

:jnc

Can you not read your own posts? I'll point it out for you.

The defense got literally everything called on it possible

This isn't hyperbole?

Can you not read your own posts? I'll point it out for you.

This isn't hyperbole?

In contrast to the Dallas penalties that should've been called on the TD drive but wasn't, that's how it felt. That was the only hyperbolic part about my post. 12% chance of us winning the game was depleted in ONE play, that's pretty fucking huge IMO.

cdyhybrid

You clearly have never seen the stats on this. Most decent nfl qbs average under 3 seconds from snap till release. But fatty can't be blamed even if he has an extra second. Gotcha.

Fatford did nothing wrong, it was the ref's fault he scored 3 points in the entire second half despite being up 13 points.

JABEE

Can we talk about the fact that there was a real league-wide conspiracy to hide the evidence surrounding Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots destroying the integrity of the league with their cheating? Who cares about the Lions being eliminated one week early when there was evidence that Super Bowls were tainted by a brazen, systematic cheating ring?

Panthers fans
Eagles fans
Steelers fans
Raiders fans
Rams fans?

All fans of the NFL and freedom!

We deserve better from this league!

MechDX

Can we talk about the fact that there was a real league-wide conspiracy to hide the evidence surrounding Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots destroying the integrity of the league with their cheating? Who cares about the Lions being eliminated one week early when there was evidence that Super Bowls were tainted by a brazen, systematic cheating ring?

Panthers fans
Eagles fans
Steelers fans
Raiders fans
Rams fans?

All fans of the NFL and freedom!

We deserve better from this league!

enhanced-buzz-15113-1378329135-4.jpg

"What conspiracy?"

JABEE

The NFL should award a ceremonial banner to the Detroit Lions organization as an apology for putting the Lions out of their misery one week earlier than the Lions deserved.

MechDX

I still want the Lions twitter account to answer my damn question!

Why does Stafford look like Chunk from the Goonies? #AskALion

matthew-stafford-chunk.jpg

You mean other than fumble twice?

After getting sacked with less than 3 seconds to throw the ball, yeah.

Both fumbles had no effect on the outcome of the game. The first fumble gave us a First down so it actually helped, the second fumble was on fourth down so the game was over on the sack anyways.

cdyhybrid

After getting sacked with less than 3 seconds to throw the ball, yeah.

Both fumbles had no effect on the outcome of the game. The first fumble gave us a First down so it actually helped, the second fumble was on fourth down so the game was over on the sack anyways.

QBs get sacked all the time, they don't always fumble. Russell has a worse O-line than Fatford and has to play against much better D-lines, yet he doesn't have fumbling problems despite how many hits he takes.

Top Bottom