• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Sephzilla

If Green Bay goes up by two TDs by halftime against Dallas then the game is practically over since Dallas cant rely on exploiting Green Bay's awful run defense at that point. If they game stays close going into the 4th quarter I'm going to be worried.

Zeke

Yeah, but you realize that those were the number 3, 4 and 12 rushers in the NFL, right? It's not like they're scrubs. They also played Miami with Lamar Miller (10), New Orleans with Mark Ingram (14) and Detroit with Joique Bell (15). So 8/16 of GB's games were against top 15 rushers.
Uh ok not saying anything about them being scrubs those are some of best backs in the league. I'm asking because I'm looking back at their past games.

bionic77

tumblrmqb94j4uht1rwl09fo1500.gif
This feels so dirty...

bionic77

If Green Bay goes up by two TDs by halftime against Dallas then the game is practically over since Dallas cant rely on exploiting Green Bay's awful run defense at that point. If they game stays close going into the 4th quarter I'm going to be worried.
If the game stays close eveyone will be pumped.

Either we get Romo the hero or Romo the clown.

Man the Cowboys are so fun to watch in the playoffs. No matter who loses we all win.

Though I don't want this feel good story go result in a SB win. That would be wrong.

As a Pats fan, my preferred Super Bowl would be:

Pats vs. (In this order)
  1. Cowboys
  2. Panthers
  3. Green Bay
  4. Seattle

(would really love to see the hoopla around a Pats / Cowboys Super Bowl, in edition to that I think NE would handle Dallas. Although for Dallas to get there they'd have to arguably get through two of the top 4 teams in the NFL, so they'd have some more gravity)

But otherwise, out of the AFC, if the Patriots can't be there.

1. Colts vs. Cowboys / Green Bay / Panthers / Seattle
  2. Denver vs. Green Bay / Cowboys / Seattle / Panthers
  3. No with baltimore

I like Luck and the Colts, and it'd be a great storyline. I don't think they have the chops to get there, but I'm ready for Luck to assume his chair as top QB in the NFL if he wins the Super Bowl. I can be willing to accept another Peyton Manning Super Bowl, but I don't think that I could stomach another Ravens superbowl. If any player "deserves" it, I'd go towards Peyton, hoping he retires into the sunset with his last ring and Denver is immediately sent into rebuilding mode. Also, I'm rooting against Seattle. Don't want to see them repeat. I like Green Bay so if they make the Super Bowl, I just want a good game, and while I think Aaron Rodgers is the top QB today, I really don't like Rodgers because his commercials aren't funny and I've heard he's a dick... just seems so damn smug. And, while I almost always root against Dallas, I kind of want to see Dallas in a Super Bowl because it would be pandemonium for the NFL. It would also mostly guarantee that Dallas would be irrelevant for another 20 years because this one appearance would justify everything that Jerry Jones has done wrong for the last 20 years, and him and his aires would do it again for the next 20 years. We'd end up with 2 Cowboys super bowls in 40 years, and I could stomach that.

bionic77

Why is it raining turds (disgruntled/retarded Lions fans and Pats fans in general) today?

Weather.com said it would snow but nothing about a turd blizzard.

Zeke

Cowboys on the other hand couldn't tackle Fatford running the ball, career day for Lacey is likely.
That's like every qb Dallas plays. I wouldn't go as far as career day but he'll get his no doubt. Dallas needs to get off on a hot start and play ball control. I'd like to say if the defense can get to Rodgers we have chance but he's just as nasty moving around as he is in the pocket so moot point. I would rather have him scrambling especially with his leg being gimpy.

Crisco

Banned
Steve Palazzolo ‏@PFF_Steve 8m8 minutes ago
Amazing how accurate Cam Newton was when throwing into tight windows vs. ARZ and how badly he came back and missed open receivers

LOB should just take the week off and let Cam throw to (and miss) his uncovered receivers.

Cam just doesn't do touch. When he winds up to throw as hard as he can, his mechanics are perfect and the throws are laser accurate. Ask him to take something off it and it all falls apart. Basically we need an entire team of Wes Welkers to run across the middle and get concussed catching rockets.

BigAT

Hey zychi are you the dumb bitch who thinks the helmet catch was incomplete or am I confusing you with another dumb bitch

Oh god, I forgot about that. There has been a lot of dumb shit thrown about on this forum, but that might be the worst.

He is that dumb bitch:

to buck's credit, that wasn't a catch.

if this isn't a catch, tyree's isnt. ball moves in tyree's hands when its touching the helmet, ball touches the ground.

if you watch any highlight of the "catch," they never show this angle.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133786907&postcount=3290

Zeke

You guys may not like the cowboys franchise but you know it's be great I see Romo/Witten get a ring.
Amen, Witten has been my favorite Dallas player since his rookie year in Dallas. I mean seriously how can you not like the man? Gets his jaw broken in a game missed one game and came back the next week with three plates in his jaw. I'm going to be so depressed when he retires.

Bread

Banned
I hate that I made the exact same post laughing about it being a conspiracy back in October. Like almost exactly the same. Smh.

MechDX

I love all the crazies that come out for playoffs

I love people coming in here pledging their life time loyalty to a certain team. So die hard in their fandom that they never show up any other time of the year or during regular season then demand we take them seriously and consider their opinions correct.

Spinluck

I love people coming in here pledging their life time loyalty to a certain team. So die hard in their fandom that they never show up any other time of the year or during regular season then demand we take them seriously and consider their opinions correct.

We are too insular, we scare them off!

Worth going back to Week 4 to see what all of the regulars had to say about the Patriots & Brady after getting trounced by Kansas City.

Draxal

Its a combination of both. Even when Fewell had the personnel he wasn't consistently fielding a quality defense.

Given the situation, I understand why he's staying on. Outside of the Coughlin wanting his own guys, it's a really poor situation to step into for a new defensive coordinator. Who wants to take a job with almost no job security? It makes little sense to try to conduct a defensive coordinator search in that environment.

At the same time, Coughlin has proven himself when his seat is the hottest so I even with Fewell being retained, I don't view next season as an immediate waste. Frankly, I'm more pissed off that Tom Quinn survived. The man has 1000 lives, I swear.

It's the reason why they wanted Spags back.

My biggest knock on Coughlin right now is not so much the loyalty but all the bitching about the 15 days of practice. It's not like the Giants are the only team that has to deal with it other teams have adjusted and not whined about it, why can't he?

Top Bottom