• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Pro

I have another joke

CJ3lwjA.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Shocking news:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/01/nfl_admits_another_officiating.html

The NFL has issued a second mea culpa to the Detroit Lions, following the team's stunning 24-20 loss to the Dallas Cowboys in the opening round of the playoffs.

According to an ESPN report, the league has informed the Lions that officials missed a holding infraction committed against defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh on a key fourth-and-6 play during Dallas' game-winning drive.

Suh, rushing for the right defensive tackle spot, is hooked by Cowboys left guard Ronald Leary and eventually dragged to the ground as Dallas quarterback Tony Romo releases his throw.

With extra time to manuever in the pocket, Romo found tight end Jason Witten down the middle of the field for 21 yards and the first down. Eight plays later, which included a pair of defensive holding calls against the Lions, Romo found Terrance Williams for the deciding score.

Fantomex

How is the new job?

And most of these bums don't have jobs...

I'm at a University doing design, it's crazy how there's no politics here so far. Everyone seems to be tripping over each other trying to help. Even their water cooler conversations are positive and funny. I was coming from an exec environment where no meant yes and backstabbing was constantly happenig. I'm kinda weirded out.

They gave me a raise after my first day saying I had too much experience and wanted to keep me for a while. They gave me a Mac pro and a 27 inch screen. I'm loving it so far, 7 minute drive to work everyday.

Greg

I'm at a University doing design, it's crazy how there's no politics here so far. Everyone seems to be tripping over each other trying to help. Even their water cooler conversations are positive and funny. I was coming from an exec environment where no meant yes and backstabbing was constantly happenig. I'm kinda weirded out.

They gave me a raise after my first day saying I had too much experience and wanted to keep me for a while. They gave me a Mac pro and a 27 inch screen. I'm loving it so far, 7 minute drive to work everyday.
:')

glad you're liking it!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The league then issued the same statement to every team for every game they have ever played in the NFL.

They used the term "blatant," which does differentiate it from the general stuff that happens on each play. That's why they issued the apology.

Go Packers.

As for Jameis Winston, if he truly is staying in college, LOL. What a terrible move.

seeing division rivals root for division rivals because some other team beat them is infuriating. only made slightly less infuriating because that said team is dallas, but still.

Plinko

seeing division rivals root for division rivals because some other team beat them is infuriating. only made slightly less infuriating because that said team is dallas, but still.

I've always liked the Packers. I grew up in northern Michigan and spent a ton of time in the Upper Peninsula where the Packers are the team of choice.

Their fans are also pretty great in general, too. Never had an issue with any of them at games or in person (as opposed to Bears fans, where every one I've ever met was a douchebag). Eznark seems to be the exception to the rule.

bionic77

I want a Mac Pro with a retina screen (to check email, surf and wrote documents)!

Milchjon

A "7 minute drive" should not happen unless it's freezing outside!

Get your fat ass out there and walk!

This always reminds me of a great quote from Brent Barry

it was clear to me it was a foul before an NBA spokesman announced Wednesday, "With the benefit of instant replay, it appears a foul call should have been made."

"That's awesome because Doc Brown's waiting for me outside in the DeLorean," said Barry

Chopped from this article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/30/sports/sp-heiscol30

Pimpwerx

Who the hell is Tannenbaum, and why do the Dolphins need him? I thought Hickey was doing an awesome job. He can't run football operations? This seems like a bad move, particularly when I'm reading he used to work for the Jets. That franchise isn't exactly successful. So what gives? PEACE.

JABEE

Saw this long ago. The travesty that was last year's NFC title game dwarfs whatever happened in Dallas but no one seemed to care

First they came for the Panthers fans, and I did not speak out,
Because I was not a Panthers fan.

Then they came for the Niners fans, and I did not speak out,
Because I was not a Niners fan.

Then they came for the Lions fans, and I did not speak out,
Because I was not a Lions fan.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.

This. I'm still rooting for the Cowboys. The only division rival I can root for is the Vikings.

Zeke

Does any division out side of the nfc east and afc north actually hate each other? You guys are so chummy with your rivials it's sickening.

You being happy, makes me happy!

Good for you brother!

When did you wake up from this dream?

1400801865472.jpg

They used the term "blatant," which does differentiate it from the general stuff that happens on each play. That's why they issued the apology.

Go Packers.

As for Jameis Winston, if he truly is staying in college, LOL. What a terrible move.

They issue apologies on a weekly basis almost, it just doesn't get air time. I felt some sympathy for the Lions and their fans after Sunday, but the more the week goes on and the more whining that happens, the less I care. Game is over, it's in the books, missed calls happen, all this does is diminish what the Cowboys did and I'm sure that's fun for a lot of people, but it's getting old and it's only Tuesday.

?

Outside of the Panthers, who should we be rooting for collectively as a fanbase?

Motherfuck the Saints

Double motherfuck the Falcons

Pity fuck the Bucs

Well here in Seattle we root for the Chargers when they play the Broncos, Raiders, and KC. We also root for the Jags because of Gus Bus, and we root for the Vikings against the NFC North. I personally also root for the Eagles vs the East, but that's just me and not the rest of the 12's.

We are nice people!

P.S Actually I lied we root for the Chargers when they play anyone but us. Seattle/SD Bromance till the end of time!

Well here in Seattle we root for the Chargers when they play the Broncos, Raiders, and KC. We also root for the Jags because of Gus Bus, and we root for the Vikings against the NFC North. I personally also root for the Eagles vs the East, but that's just me and not the rest of the 12's.

We are nice people!

P.S Actually I lied we root for the Chargers when they play anyone but us. Seattle/SD Bromance till the end of time!

Or, like two years until they move to LA.

Top Bottom