• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Crisco

Banned
fW45fOP.jpg

What are you doing North Dakota, and Louisiana!

Fuck yeah, let's go Another team!

eznark

Banned
Outside of running back, I'm not sure there is a single position group on Dallas that I would take over Green Bay.

Before last week I would've said I'd probably trade some linemen, but watching that line get consistently fooled by a defense that the Packers handled...I dunno. Coin toss on that one and really the strength of the Dallas offensive line is in run blocking. They are adequate in pass pro, but I think the Packers do it better.

Maybe defensive tackle too I guess. But Crawford is Canadian so probably not.

rando14

Outside of running back, I'm not sure there is a single position group on Dallas that I would take over Green Bay.

Before last week I would've said I'd probably trade some linemen, but watching that line get consistently fooled by a defense that the Packers handled...I dunno. Coin toss on that one and really the strength of the Dallas offensive line is in run blocking. They are adequate in pass pro, but I think the Packers do it better.

Maybe defensive tackle too I guess. But Crawford is Canadian so probably not.

I'd probably rather have Dan bailey than crosby, but other than that yeah. Maybe Dallas' ST? though it's probably too marginal to differentiate

eznark

Banned
I'd probably rather have Dan bailey than crosby, but other than that yeah. Maybe Dallas' ST? though it's probably too marginal to differentiate

I'd never swap a dome kicker for Crosby. The next Packers kicker will be Rafael Gaglianone or I riot.

wisconsin-kicker-dance.gif

bionic77

Who throws a better long ball between Flacco and Rodgers?

Those two are clearly the best at it.

If the Cowboys don't get a lead early we are going to see a bunch of long ass bombs this weekend. Their secondary is horrible. Only a shit qb could not take advantage of that. Especially with a lead...

Dragon

Banned
Unable to prove does not mean exonerate.

And I'd be fine with executing a preening midget like Edelman without cause.

Midget? Edelman and Cobb are the same height. Smh. He is pretty vain though!

Haha snesfreak wasn't banned in that Kluwe thread.

ShaneB

Not really sure what this has to do with anything, but okay!

I'm saying it's a misleading stat exactly as I said.

Alex Smith could drop a screen pass off to Jamaal Charles, and he runs it 95 yards for a touchdown, and it counts as a 95 yard passing td, when really it's like a 3 yard pass + 92 yards after catch.

Just something I've always found silly.

brentech

Alex Smith could drop a screen pass off to Jamaal Charles, and he runs it 95 yards for a touchdown, and it counts as a 95 yard passing td, when really it's like a 3 yard pass + 92 yards after catch.

So does Alex Smith have 16 of those passes? Or is that misleading?

Bowser

Who throws a better long ball between Flacco and Rodgers?

Those two are clearly the best at it.

If the Cowboys don't get a lead early we are going to see a bunch of long ass bombs this weekend. Their secondary is horrible. Only a shit qb could not take advantage of that. Especially with a lead...

I would go Rodgers simply because he can throw both bullet and touch deep balls. I feel like Flacco has a tougher time with touch on his deep throws and they're almost always howlers down the field. But they're both very good.

eznark

Banned

There is nothing silly about it, you're just looking at the wrong stat. It's like checking your odometer to see how much gas you have in the tank. You probably have some vague notion, but there is a better gauge.

AY/A.
Romo leads the league at 4.67.
Rodgers is at 4.21
Flacco is at 3.92
Brady is at 3.71
Alex Smith is at 2.85. The only player worse is Blake Bortles at 2.62.

Don't blame the tool for misleading you when you are asking it to do something it isn't designed to do. Blame yourself for using it inappropriately.

Most surprising thing on that list? Peyton Manning is at #2.

brentech

Nah, he's not as good as the great Aaron Rodgers.

Do you find that there is no value in a QB hitting a WR in stride? Reading a defense and placing a ball where only the WR can get it downfield or maybe a mid level throw, but leaves the WR space to break on the last defender?

If you don't, then you're probably Alex Smith.

bionic77

I would go Rodgers simply because he can throw both bullet and touch deep balls. I feel like Flacco has a tougher time with touch on his deep throws and they're almost always howlers down the field. But they're both very good.
I actually don't know who throws a better deep ball, but you are wrong about Flacco.

The guy is uncanny with his deep ball accuracy and he can definitely put some air under the throw and throw with touch. I am not debating who is a better qb, but this is Flaccos only skill. That and the again uncanny ability to throw the ball in stride if the guy is covered or slightly under throw it when the guy is blanketed to get the PI.

ShaneB

There is nothing silly about it, you're just looking at the wrong stat. It's like checking your odometer to see how much gas you have in the tank. You probably have some vague notion, but there is a better gauge.

AY/A.
Romo leads the league at 4.67.
Rodgers is at 4.21
Flacco is at 3.92
Brady is at 3.71
Alex Smith is at 2.85. The only player worse is Blake Bortles at 2.62.

Don't blame the tool for misleading you when you are asking it to do something it isn't designed to do. Blame yourself for using it inappropriately.

Most surprising thing on that list? Peyton Manning is at #2.

I am agreeing with you. AY/A is a much more telling stat.

Do you find that there is no value in a QB hitting a WR in stride? Reading a defense and placing a ball where only the WR can get it downfield or maybe a mid level throw, but leaves the WR space to break on the last defender?

If you don't, then you're probably Alex Smith.

Overvalued, we got 9 wins without a TD from a WR!

I am joking.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
The Giants are parting ways with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell I'm told

Wow.

Schefter backing it up:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s19 seconds ago
Giants have parted ways with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, per league source.

So much for the supposed Coughlin power play BBI's been trying to sell.

Respect

Getting shit talked to me about this weekends game even from the companies 65 year old receptionist (I live in Baltimore).

brentech

Overvalued, we got 9 wins without a TD from a WR!

How'd the playoff run go?

But seriously, if you don't understand how QB can effect where a WR can go with the ball, even after a 3 yard catch, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, there is definitely some plays that are supremely made by the skill player, be it a WR/TE/RB, but QB's throw can definitely dictate whether that run after catch is 3 more yards or 65.
I'm hoping this is just a case of "i hate eznark and everything he stands for", and not that you're really that dense.

eznark

Banned
How'd the playoff run go?

But seriously, if you don't understand how QB can effect where a WR can go with the ball, even after a 3 yard catch, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, there is definitely some plays that are supremely made by the skill player, be it a WR/TE/RB, but QB's throw can definitely dictate whether that run after catch is 3 more yards or 65.
I'm hoping this is just a case of "i hate eznark and everything he stands for", and not that you're really that dense.

The be fair, Steve Palazzolo has the same bizarre belief that QB's have minimal impact on YAC. It's insane.

Yeah but who is out there better?
I remember when people were asking you the same thing about Andy Reid when he was on the hot seat. Ironic.

Seriously what do you like about Fewell so much outside of his defenses allowing Shady to run wild on the Giants?

brentech

Wow.

So much for the supposed Coughlin power play BBI's been trying to sell.

Wow, I assumed he was coming back with how much time had passed. Tom Quinn next?

Their offense struggling the first half of the season or so, and then probably a lack of real talent on the D, is it really a true defense problem? I guess sometimes you just want to switch it up...the stats were pretty bad on the year. I dunno, just late to get into that.

Top Bottom