• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Dragon

Banned
So do people know that Mike Tannenbaum is an agent for Dan Quinn, the Seahawks DC? He'd obviously have to quit if he takes the Dolphins job, but that won't be for another month. So...he could potentially influence Quinn to take a certain job (maybe if he doesn't think he's good a job in the AFC East?). Doesn't that seem like totally fucked?

harSon

Banned
I've got a Costco sized bottle of lotion on standby in the event that the Ravens get decimated this weekend. I'll have to go purchase a palette of lotion if Tebow forbid willing, everyone on the Patriots had to miss their next game due to insignificant - yet significant enough - injuries :3

I've got a Costco sized bottle of lotion on standby in the event that the Ravens get decimated this weekend. I'll have to go purchase a palette of lotion if Tebow forbid, everyone on the Patriots had to miss their next game due to insignificant - yet significant enough - injuries :3

Stop talking, ugly baby

Syrinx

I'm seriously flabbergasted.

I get the idea that Stephen Hill isn't great, but how awful must he be that you'd rather rely on a QB that's caught a grand total of 6 balls since COLLEGE in a playoff game against the best secondary in the league.
Top it off with a QB who's hurting and struggled with accuracy against Arizona.

Fox318

I'm seriously flabbergasted.

I get the idea that Stephen Hill isn't great, but how awful must he be that you'd rather rely on a QB that's caught a grand total of 6 balls since COLLEGE in a playoff game against the best secondary in the league.

He is really fucking bad. He may have the worst hands I've ever seen.

He is one of the reasons Tannenbaum is gone. Sanchez and Hill were boom or bust picks and with both of them its clear just how big of a bust they were.

So do people know that Mike Tannenbaum is an agent for Dan Quinn, the Seahawks DC? He'd obviously have to quit if he takes the Dolphins job, but that won't be for another month. So...he could potentially influence Quinn to take a certain job (maybe if he doesn't think he's good a job in the AFC East?). Doesn't that seem like totally fucked?
It's really fun reading the stuff the Dolphins beat writers have been putting out lately. Armando Salguero says Ross is now the worst owner of a major sports franchise in South Florida, even worse than Jeffrey Loria who he calls "abysmal."

Apparently when the Tannenbaum news leaked a Dolphins player texted Salguero. The message was, "why?"

Ross is just the worst. Can't build a successful franchise with a cancer running the organization, no matter how many times you hit the reset button.

I guess Tannenbaum is going to be mostly eyes and ears to Ross since he operates from NY and is rarely down with the team during the off season. I'm not concerned with the hiring, not that Ross isn't a terrible owner or anything.

Rooney Rule seems so stupid when an organization has a number 1 target.

Did the Chiefs ever interview anyone when they hired Reid?

Do they just bring in a black coach and shoot the shit with him for 5 minutes then kick him out while the guy they want is next door signing his contract?

It helps black coaches get a foot in a door they wouldn't normally get a foot in, and gives them valuable experience in the process. And considering everyone operates under the same rule it's not like any team is losing their top guy because they have to interview one minority.

Hello friend Future! How are you doing lately?

Have you player Far Cry 4 yet?
I'm doing well! I hope things are good with you.

I own Far Cry 4. I have yet to play it extensively. After Dragon Age, I'm taking a break from the big open world style games. I finished up Captain Toad this past weekend (which was SOOO good) and am working through Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze at the moment. Both have been the exact change of pace I was looking for after Inquisition.

I own Far Cry 4. I have yet to play it extensively. After Dragon Age, I'm taking a break from the big open world style games. I finished up Captain Toad this past weekend (which was SOOO good) and am working through Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze at the moment. Both have been the exact change of pace I was looking for after Inquisition.

Dragon Age is so goddamn boring, I know the side quests are optional but there's so many of them that it's hard to ignore them. Except they're all repetitive collectathon shitfests, I've come to the conclusion that open world games are rubbish.

I guess Tannenbaum is going to be mostly eyes and ears to Ross since he operates from NY and is rarely down with the team during the off season. I'm not concerned with the hiring, not that Ross isn't a terrible owner or anything.
He's going to be involved with personnel decisions, though. Hickey supposedly has the final say but he's reporting directly to Tannenbaum. Then you have Philbin reporting directly to Ross instead of Tannenbaum. This is such a clear setup for controversy. How long before guys start throwing each other under the bus Philbin/Ireland style?

Hickey has to be pissed. One year of autonomy and he succeeds for the most part, only to be rewarded with this. Then you have the coaching which is the real issue somehow avoiding any repercussions. The whole thing is just a mess.

Ross is incompetent. He has no idea how to structure a successful NFL team. Philbin will be gone next season along with Hickey and Tannenbaum will probably reconnect with some old "contacts" to bring in his own guy.

I'm good. School started again, so my game week is over. I need more time and money for games! I like how the WiiU finally gained some credibility as a console, I still need to get one eventually.

I just want Batman: Arkham Knight

I need a co-op friend so I can jack a car from the passenger seat!

Ps4?

I haven't even touched the co-op.

Fox318

It helps black coaches get a foot in a door they wouldn't normally get a foot in, and gives them valuable experience in the process. And considering everyone operates under the same rule it's not like any team is losing their top guy because they have to interview one minority.

Except wouldn't that rule make more sense if it was for lower coaching positions so guys can move their way up the ranks more naturally based on their work? How many black offensive coordinators are out there? Ron Graves is going to get interviews for the rest of his life just because of his skin color despite the fact that his team neglected the QB position for way too long and has ruined the career of Larry Fitzgereld.

If my team was looking for a vet head coach and Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis was out there I'd probably look at them first over a white coach but a team like the Chiefs needed a culture change after their past 2 coaches failed. Did they seriously interview a new candidate for that position when Andy Reid was on the market?

Dennis Thurman and Todd Bowles are probably going to be head coaches but guys like Perry Fewell, Leslie Frazier, and Romeo Crennel don't look like hires anyone is touching.

He's going to be involved with personnel decisions, though. Hickey supposedly has the final say but he's reporting directly to Tannenbaum. Then you have Philbin reporting directly to Ross instead of Tannenbaum. This is such a clear setup for controversy. How long before guys start throwing each other under the bus Philbin/Ireland style?

Hickey has to be pissed. One year of autonomy and he succeeds for the most part, only to be rewarded with this. Then you have the coaching which is the real issue somehow avoiding any repercussions. The whole thing is just a mess.

Ross is incompetent. He has no idea how to structure a successful NFL team. Philbin will be gone next season along with Hickey and Tannenbaum will probably reconnect with some old "contacts" to bring in his own guy.

Didn't know he had a say in personal smh whatever we are going to suck next year anyways, keeping Philbin was the biggest mistake he could make now we just have to wait until 2016 to see if he finally cleans house.

never played the first Infamous for PS4, but First Light is awesome

it's like human Zone of the Enders
First Light is a pared down version of Second Son. If you like it, I don't see how you don't like Second Son.

Honestly SS wasn't as strong inFamous 2 was but it was still fucking great. I had a blast with it and its still pretty as fuck.

Except wouldn't that rule make more sense if it was for lower coaching positions so guys can move their way up the ranks more naturally based on their work? How many black offensive coordinators are out there? Ron Graves is going to get interviews for the rest of his life just because of his skin color despite the fact that his team neglected the QB position for way too long and has ruined the career of Larry Fitzgereld.

If my team was looking for a vet head coach and Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis was out there I'd probably look at them first over a white coach but a team like the Chiefs needed a culture change after their past 2 coaches failed. Did they seriously interview a new candidate for that position when Andy Reid was on the market?

Dennis Thurman and Todd Bowles are probably going to be head coaches but guys like Perry Fewell, Leslie Frazier, and Romeo Crennel don't look like hires anyone is touching.

I don't understand your argument. Most of those guys already have lower coaching positions/coordinator experience. All the rule does is help get their name out there, give them experience with the hiring process, etc. No one is being burdened or harmed in the process, nor are they forced to hire or interview unqualified people. Let's not pretend like coaches weren't failing upward for decades before this rule.

Teryl Austin is sure as hell qualified to be a HC, as is Todd Bowles. Disliking the rule because some guys no one should consider hiring might get an hour interview is a poor argument. Plenty of white guys no one should consider hiring get interviews all the time.

Greg

First Light is a pared down version of Second Son. If you like it, I don't see how you don't like Second Son.

Honestly SS wasn't as strong inFamous 2 was but it was still fucking great. I had a blast with it and its still pretty as fuck.
I only played the first Infamous on PS3... drug on a bit too long for me, story/characters didn't grab me, wasn't a fan of the good/evil shit

I just like so far how First Light cuts all the bullshit when it comes to leveling things up - already felt like a badass right when the game started, and was able to level all of the traversal boosts really fast

I only played the first Infamous on PS3... drug on a bit too long for me, story/characters didn't grab me, wasn't a fan of the good/evil shit

I just like so far how First Light cuts all the bullshit when it comes to leveling things up - already felt like a badass right when the game started, and was able to level all of the traversal boosts really fast
Yeah. Its a heavily condensed Second Son.

Sanjuro

I'm good. School started again, so my game week is over. I need more time and money for games! I like how the WiiU finally gained some credibility as a console, I still need to get one eventually.

I just want Batman: Arkham Knight

Ps4?

I haven't even touched the co-op.

Yeah, got it on the Sony.

Kiryu

Idk if someone saw this.
1426296_619879381473574_972065424587004859_n.jpg

This definitely sucked for Panthers... I mean Marshawn Lynch will be probably up (and break some tackles) against Luke Kuechly whole game.

Fox318

I don't understand your argument. Most of those guys already have lower coaching positions/coordinator experience. All the rule does is help get their name out there, give them experience with the hiring process, etc. No one is being burdened or harmed in the process, nor are they forced to hire or interview unqualified people. Let's not pretend like coaches weren't failing upward for decades before this rule.

Teryl Austin is sure as hell qualified to be a HC, as is Todd Bowles. Disliking the rule because some guys no one should consider hiring might get an hour interview is a poor argument. Plenty of white guys no one should consider hiring get interviews all the time.

If teams are seriously interviewing multiply candidates it makes sense (although teams should be interviewing the candidates regardless of their race). But when the team has a guy they want and everyone knows it it seems stupid just to bring somebody in just to fill a check mark.

Rooney Rule would be better served for lower level coaches. How many black assistant coaches are on the offensive side of the ball compared to on the defensive side?

cdyhybrid

If teams are seriously interviewing multiply candidates it makes sense (although teams should be interviewing the candidates regardless of their race). But when the team has a guy they want and everyone knows it it seems stupid just to bring somebody in just to fill a check mark.

Rooney Rule would be better served for lower level coaches. How many black assistant coaches are on the offensive side of the ball compared to on the defensive side?

It's in the best interest of the league for teams to interview multiple candidates.

It saves shitty teams like the Jets from themselves, because they'll only interview one guy who will end up being terrible.

Top Bottom