• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

What do you mean? They review tape of every game to see which calls were good and not so good. It's a performance review for the ref crews.
Which has little reason to be made public outside of trying to quell controversies like this one but to Deacon's point - its not like you're putting the cat back in the bag. The outcome of the game is done. Doesn't change anything.

Milchjon

Mech we had an agreement.

Yeah but then he went all

giphy.gif

again

eznark

Banned
Which has little reason to be made public outside of trying to quell controversies like this one but to Deacon's point - its not like you're putting the cat back in the bag. The outcome of the game is done. Doesn't change anything.

Disagree, public shaming is the only punishment that NFL refs are subject to .

Exactly. All it does is put entitled fans on their high horse about something that can never be erased.

cdyhybrid

Ah, I see what he was asking. Did the NFL send this info to the media or is it someone with the team that's leaking it? If it's the latter there's not much the NFL can do about it.

Bowser

Panthers news:

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m1 minute ago
Rivera says DT Kyle Love will be active Saturday vs. Seattle. Rookie DE Kony Ealy can play inside as well. #CARvsSEA

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 23s23 seconds ago
WR Philly Brown (shoulder) is making progress. Rivera says he worked on the side and caught passes today, but he needs to be able to block.

Respect

Maybe I haven't paid much attention before, but I feel like I am now seeing the new equivalent of journalistic hedging of bets (predictions).

"BALT causes a bunch of problems for NE, they can put pressure on Brady and make him uncomfortable, with Ngata back, he should be able to push the pocket."

"NE can't run the ball against the BALT front 7."

"BALT is a great road playoff team, they will have no fear going into NE."

"Flacco plays at his best in the playoffs, particularly on the road, he is really unbeatable if he gets comfortable early, which shouldn't be an issue against the inconsistent NE pass rush."

Prediction: Pats 24, Ravens 17.

Pats win: "I predicted it." Ravens win: "I knew they would give NE trouble!"

Read more than a couple articles that went similar to this.

Even one of the local experts on my way home got in on the festivities. Driving home yesterday listened to a guy gush over Flacco's playoff record and stats and how well BALT defense travels, and how it is a great matchup for BALT, his bold prediction is a NE victory. The only advantage he gave NE was Gronkowski.

I know these "predictions" aren't worth the digital space/airwayves they use up, but come on, have the balls to predict BALT to win, some politician worthy fence straddling going on.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 17h 17 hours ago

Film: #Lions totally bailed out the #Cowboys by not blitzing in the second half. Have no idea why the change, would love to ask Austin.

Real reason the Lions lost.

Now if they would have just made up a rule or something, I might have a little more sympathy, but probably not.

Zeke

Indeed, the league should drag all teams into the 21st Century and make everyone play in domes.
The Fuck is this? Domes suck I wish every team played in an open air facility. Football was meant to be played outside no reason to change that. Snow and rain games are awesome.

Disagree, public shaming is the only punishment that NFL refs are subject to .
From a mea culpa standpoint, I suppose but I don't buy that it has any real effect on the consistency of the officiating we see in games. Only one solution: bring back the scab refs!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Fuck is this? Domes suck I wish every team played in an open air facility. Football was meant to be played outside no reason to change that. Snow and rain games are awesome.

God bless you and your kind. Football indoors is alright, but it's an outdoor sport. Muddy uniforms are more important to the game than punters.

Pro

Poor Romo is going have to play in that ungodly Green Bay weather. I actually pity him.

Don't think it matters. Everyone is a pro and has played all over the country. There have been numerous teams come into Green Bay in cold weather Playoff games and handled it much better than GB did.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Maybe I haven't paid much attention before, but I feel like I am now seeing the new equivalent of journalistic hedging of bets (predictions).

"BALT causes a bunch of problems for NE, they can put pressure on Brady and make him uncomfortable, with Ngata back, he should be able to push the pocket."

"NE can't run the ball against the BALT front 7."

"BALT is a great road playoff team, they will have no fear going into NE."

"Flacco plays at his best in the playoffs, particularly on the road, he is really unbeatable if he gets comfortable early, which shouldn't be an issue against the inconsistent NE pass rush."

Prediction: Pats 24, Ravens 17.

Pats win: "I predicted it." Ravens win: "I knew they would give NE trouble!"

Read more than a couple articles that went similar to this.

Even one of the local experts on my way home got in on the festivities. Driving home yesterday listened to a guy gush over Flacco's playoff record and stats and how well BALT defense travels, and how it is a great matchup for BALT, his bold prediction is a NE victory. The only advantage he gave NE was Gronkowski.

I know these "predictions" aren't worth the digital space/airwayves they use up, but come on, have the balls to predict BALT to win, some politician worthy fence straddling going on.

Eh. That's how it's always been. Because the truth of the matter is, all of us would be just about as good as any analyst if we just flipped a coin. We all know this, they know this, but we've all collectively agreed to ignore it. It's part of the pageantry of the whole thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Real reason the Lions lost.

Now if they would have just made up a rule or something, I might have a little more sympathy, but probably not.

They had to stop the blitz. Their secondary was getting riddled with injuries and Cassius freaking Vaughn was in to play.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 21m21 minutes ago Charlotte, NC
Rivera left open possibility Panthers could pull WR Stephen Hill up from practice squad, but first option will be Joe Webb if Philly down.

Holy shit

I'm seriously flabbergasted.

I get the idea that Stephen Hill isn't great, but how awful must he be that you'd rather rely on a QB that's caught a grand total of 6 balls since COLLEGE in a playoff game against the best secondary in the league.

Bowser

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
To avoid Rooney Rule violation, Dolphins say claim Hickey reports to Tannenbaum is "erroneous". That claim came from, yes, the Dolphins.

lolololol

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
To avoid Rooney Rule violation, Dolphins say claim Hickey reports to Tannenbaum is "erroneous". That claim came from, yes, the Dolphins.

lolololol
hahahahahaha

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

Ross is a fucking dipshit.

Fox318

Rooney Rule seems so stupid when an organization has a number 1 target.

Did the Chiefs ever interview anyone when they hired Reid?

Do they just bring in a black coach and shoot the shit with him for 5 minutes then kick him out while the guy they want is next door signing his contract?

eznark

Banned
Rooney Rule seems so stupid when an organization has a number 1 target.

Did the Chiefs ever interview anyone when they hired Reid?

Do they just bring in a black coach and shoot the shit with him for 5 minutes and then kick him out while the guy they want is next door signing his contract?

I think that was the year Keith Armstrong was the designated Rooney Rule guy. Interviewed a bunch of places.

Top Bottom