• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

cdyhybrid

For chuckddd RE: 16-yard explosive plays

pYQLp1x.png

Fox318

It's in the best interest of the league for teams to interview multiple candidates.

It saves shitty teams like the Jets from themselves, because they'll only interview one guy who will end up being terrible.

For a team like the Jets right now they should interview everyone and their mother for the job but if a star head coach is out there and the Jets want him somebody else shouldn't be given a fake interview just because of their skin color.

What counts as an interview? Could a 10 minute phone call with Herm Edwards count as an interview when it has looked like he doesn't want to coach anymore? Or are they actually bringing in a young guy for a legit shot?

Didn't the Lions have people decline to interview because they knew they already wanted Mariucci?

cdyhybrid

For a team like the Jets right now they should interview everyone and their mother for the job but if a star head coach is out there and the Jets want him somebody else shouldn't be given a fake interview just because of their skin color.

What counts as an interview? Could a 10 minute phone call with Herm Edwards count as an interview when it has looked like he doesn't want to coach anymore? Or are they actually bringing in a young guy for a legit shot?

I would imagine you have to at least put a modicum of effort into it, rather than calling Herm up and asking how the weather is.

Even an hour interview for the minority candidates that would otherwise get nothing helps. Do you have any documented cases where the team that wanted the superstar coach the most didn't get him because they were waiting to interview a Rooney rule candidate first? Every team has to do it, so it's not like this rule benefits certain teams without a coach more than any other team without a coach.

General observation: Seahawks fans are quickly becoming the fan equivalent of entitled trust-fund types.

At least we have Rando!

Do you ever actually address the people that these complaints are referring to or do you just post passive-aggressive whines aimed at no one in particular?

cdyhybrid

That's nice.

Explosive plays are considered 20 yards or longer.

That's nice.

That would take balls, people rather cry over the internet then to man up and talk to someone one on one.

3 sat party's which one do i go to?

#GoHawks

I'm not trying to start shit, I'm a pretty reasonable guy and if someone doesn't like what I'm posting I'm willing to stop posting it, assuming their complaint is reasonable. But I can't be a better poster if no one wants to tell me what they'd rather have me post!

Do you ever actually address the people that these complaints are referring to or do you just post passive-aggressive whines aimed at no one in particular?

That would take balls, people rather cry over the internet then to man up and talk to someone one on one.

3 sat party's which one do i go to?

#GoHawks

Fox318

I would imagine you have to at least put a modicum of effort into it, rather than calling Herm up and asking how the weather is.

Even an hour interview for the minority candidates that would otherwise get nothing helps. Do you have any documented cases where the team that wanted the superstar coach the most didn't get him because they were waiting to interview a Rooney rule candidate first? Every team has to do it, so it's not like this rule benefits certain teams without a coach more than any other team without a coach.

I just think that the rule as it stands either needs to be expanded to lower level coaching positions or dropped. The way it is right now doesn't seem to be changing the system.

True diversity in head coaching in the NFL won't happen until more black coaches are given shots at coaching D1 schools.

128 D1 SCHOOLS. 11 BLACK COACHES.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014/09/08/black-coaches-poised-for-success/

cdyhybrid

I just think that the rule as it stands either needs to be expanded to lower level coaching positions or dropped. The way it is right now doesn't seem to be changing the system.

True diversity in head coaching in the NFL won't happen until more black coaches are given shots at coaching D1 schools.

128 D1 SCHOOLS. 11 BLACK COACHES.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014/09/08/black-coaches-poised-for-success/

I'm cool with it expanding to other positions. Honestly, the NFL has been doing pretty well (IMO) with coaching diversity since the rule was implemented, especially when compared to college football.

TheFatOne

First Light is a pared down version of Second Son. If you like it, I don't see how you don't like Second Son.

Honestly SS wasn't as strong inFamous 2 was but it was still fucking great. I had a blast with it and its still pretty as fuck.

Infamous 2 is pretty damn sweet especially once you become over powered. Don't have a ps4 yet, but will be buying the latest infamous once I get one. Really love the traversal in the Infamous games.

Stop talking so much shit, you're becoming Kas.

I didn't know people needed a primer in not being a loudmouth.

Yeah but a half-pound of ground bacon mixed in will provide a lot of fat.
You're still left with a bunch of stringy meat. I dig venison, just not in a burger, friend!

Somebody posted an Illuminati/Mason video on my Facebook feed.

Apparently Celebrities getting ran through by 5 dudes is supposed to control us somehow .

Bowser

Falcons announced a restructuring of their front office, making Dimitroff a glorified capologist:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m11 minutes ago
Big changes in Atlanta. #Falcons restructure front office, with Scott Pioli taking over pro and college scouting. Thomas Dimitroff does cap

Top Bottom