• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 2m2 minutes ago
.@Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr (@OBJ_3) named to Pro Bowl team. Replaces Calvin Johnson, who is unable to play due to injury

Was likely as a first alternate but there you go.

Bread

Banned
I had an epiphany after I finished this cup of cofy.

Bread is a two teaming degenerate

Bread is a disgusting Pats fan

Bread lives in Florida

By transient theory, Bread is Gata.

Mind blown.
awww that's sweet that you're thinking of me while drinking coffee

faints.gif

I'm gonna be a sports reporter.

Imagine seeing Jimmy naked while at work.

Zeke

Useless stat of the day! Since the ice bowl packers are 5-7 when temps are in single digits 4-5 at home. Brent was 3-1, Rodgers is 0-3 in single digit temps.

Bowser

The Panthers did sign former Pats DT Kyle Love 3 weeks ago - wonder if he could be active. He hasn't played significant snaps since the 2012 season, but he seemed to be a worthy player:

Love took a bigger role in the Patriots' defense in 2011, as he was active for all 16 games. In the Patriots' 3–4 defense, they often used Love at nose tackle, moving Vince Wilfork to defensive end. He started 13 regular-season games, becoming a regular season in the Patriots' Week 4 game against the Oakland Raiders. Love finished the season with 33 tackles and three sacks; in the Patriots' 45–10 playoff rout of the Denver Broncos, Love recorded his first pass defended. Love played for the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI in a losing effort New York Giants, 21–17.

Love played all 16 games combining with Vince Wilfork as a double defensive tackle combo. Love had 25 tackles and 1.5 sacks during the 2012 season. The Patriots would go on to the AFC Championship for the second straight year but lost to the Baltimore Ravens, 28–13. The Patriots waived Love on May 15, 2013.

Part of me is hoping Snyder will fuck this up. Part of me is a bit glad that the Redskins have a shot at being competitive now. Their personnel evaluation department got so much better with this hire.

Still...Fuck Washington.

You don't have to hope for Snyder to fuck things up.

Bowser

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 1m1 minute ago
#Panthers DT Colin Cole will replace Star. Says Star had procedure that gives chance to return if team reaches Super Bowl.

phew, at least he'll be around for the Owl

NE1G5.gif

Bowser

Possible Giants DC candidate:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 42s42 seconds ago
Good coach. Kuechly often credits him. RT @TomRock_Newsday: Interesting name by @art_stapleton as NYG DC candidate: Al Holcomb, LB coach Car
Holcomb's in his 2nd season as LB coach. Spent 4 years with NYG as a defensive assistant/QC coach prior to joining Carolina.

eznark

Banned
A whole article to say "play-action pass"?

Also, what dumbass moved the goalposts? "74 explosive passing plays – those of 16-plus yards." It's 20+. Make that hack rewrite his article.

San Diego has the only explosive play in the history of football*

*Explosive plays = plays of 109.9 yards or greater

Trey

Okay, well, we do have the pieces for a good to great offense. We had a coach that threw a temper tantrum when he didn't get to draft a QB of his own and signed a stopgap measure. If Gym Shorts stays on as DC, I agree that we need a more offensive minded coach, because our D is only going to be better next year when Kiko returns. Unless some major shit goes down, I really believe we'll have a top 3 defense next year.

Now, the QB thing...I never liked EJ, but LJ seemed pretty high on him. He's way more into the film study than I am, so maybe there is something there. I mean, this year there are no QBs worth a shit on FA and no sure prospects in the draft, so yeah. We may squander away the best team we've had in more than a decade because we can't even get a game manager. We could go deep in the playoffs with a Trent Dilfer, but we may be stuck with JP Losman 4.0

lol, since when?

Crisco

Banned
This makes sense. I bet Star's been nursing an injury in that foot (or something in the other leg) and this was just the culmination of a season's worth of playing injured. It explains his drop off in production this season. If he'd been the Star of last year, I'd call it a huge loss, but I think Cole and Dwan will fill in without much drop off. Ealy can also slide inside and put KK in Star's place. This really hurts our depth more than anything else.

Bowser

This makes sense. I bet Star's been nursing an injury in that foot (or something in the other leg) and this was just the culmination of a season's worth of playing injured. It explains his drop off in production this season. If he'd been the Star of last year, I'd call it a huge loss, but I think Cole and Dwan will fill in without much drop off. Ealy can also slide inside and put KK in Star's place. This really hurts our depth more than anything else.

Star had been playing really well since he returned from that ankle injury though. He was a monster in the Falcons game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Have the Bills interviewed Schwartz at all for HC?

This man should never hold a head-coaching job again.

Because of this, the dumpster fire known as the Buffalo Bills is probably the team to give him the job.

Rob Gronkowski arrives in the Patriots’ locker room by 7 a.m. every day and doesn’t walk around so much as he bounces, like a puppy let outside after his owner’s long hours at work. On a recent day he giddily read a Christmas message for fans in Spanish—“Yo soy Roberto Gronkowski”—while a smiling Brady walked by and declared, “And the Oscar goes to . . .”

Honestly, how can you not love Gronk?

Crisco

Banned
Star had been playing really well since he returned from that ankle injury though. He was a monster in the Falcons game.

Yeah, the Seahawks are probably the team this hurts us the most against because of Lynch. Still, with Frank Alexander back defensive line is our deepest position by far. With a relatively healthy team otherwise, I think we can afford this one.

Top Bottom