• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

cdyhybrid

uFBAJRu.jpg

"Maybe if these players weren't out all night drinking their sizzurp and smoking the marijuana they wouldn't have all these concussions!"

I never said anything about concern for his progress. I said he took a lot of sacks from indecision. Either he did or didn't.

I'm not even arguing that the Dolphins O-line isn't poor. I'm just a bit worn out from fans insisting that they have the worst o-line in the league. Dolphins may very well have it (I doubt it though - Jags line is awful) but the QB must take some blame and I doubt Tanny has mastered Bill Lazor's offense after 1 season.

Eh, i'm not one of those guys that cries about sacks. They happen. and outside of very context sensitive situations they're rarely game killers.

What worries me is decision making. Tannehill's seems to be competent, and he is improving YOY.
I was listening to Move the Sticks on the way home and they were talking about sack differential (sacks for your D - sacks given up by O). Over the past decade plus the SB winner has been positive in that category. All four AFC teams remaining in the playoffs are positive this season, and the only NFC team with a positive differential is Green Bay. Certainly not the end all be all of stats but it's interesting nonetheless.

Spinluck

Luck did surpass Peyton on total interceptions in 2014. The Broncos have ran more for some time. Not expecting a change in the playoffs. Ball control will be key with these potent offenses.

For Luck's volume of throws, his INT total doesn't concern me too much--I can only remember the ones that were REALLY bad decisions or throws.

He only has one more than Peyton, who is another QB who's always gonna end up with double digit INTs. Tipped balls, drops, noodle arm, and other factors aren't accounts for. If anything Luck's fumbles are more worrisome, that puts him at 22 total turnovers. Which is never good.

This week, if our line plays well then I don't expect any turnovers from Luck. Too bad you guys have a pass rush though. :(

For Luck's volume of throws, his INT total doesn't concern me too much--I can only remember the ones that were REALLY bad decisions or throws.

He only has one more than Peyton, who is another QB who's always gonna end up with double digit INTs. Tipped balls, drops, noodle arm, and other factors aren't accounts for. If anything Luck's fumbles are more worrisome, that puts him at 22 total turnovers. Which is never good.

This week, if our line plays well then I don't expect any turnovers from Luck. Too bad you guys have a pass rush though. :(

the amount he throws is unacceptable when he has the truck to hand off to.

It's ok but only as long as there is no traffic.

Dealing with bad traffic is the worst.

I fucking despised my commute in DC after a year. Soul crushing...
So true. Had a 35 min commute (40 miles, all interstate) for my last job, was long but totally not a problem. Audio books and podcasts are the best.

Driving in traffic for even half that time is agony.

Fuck Crabtree?
Fuck Crabs? (Crips)

I don't know what else it could be?

flaccocrab_zpsbb1e401c.jpg

shitty image but that's the only one I can find. It's on the reverse of this shirt, where the front of it reads FUCK FLACCO lol. The shirt is for this band Speedwolf who are hardcore Broncos fans, from the Denver area of course. I have no idea why those two things would be related, but I guess it has to mean something relevant.

cdyhybrid

flaccocrab_zpsbb1e401c.jpg

shitty image but that's the only one I can find. It's on the reverse of this shirt, where the front of it reads FUCK FLACCO lol. The shirt is for this band Speedwolf who are hardcore Broncos fans, from the Denver area of course. I have no idea why those two things would be related, but I guess it has to mean something relevant.

Isn't Baltimore known for crab and crab-related dishes?

Oh yea they are known for blue crabs right? The only thing I want to try from Baltimore is pit beef. I mean weebay confess to like 5 more murders for one pit beef sandwich and a coke.

Now that shit must be amazing!

B63TeouIMAAcXIV.jpg

En route to the Greatest Upset in NFL Playoff History!

Yall so cute. Nice little flag we have a whole plane.

140129-plane-2.jpg

Colasante

Dirk Koetter announced as the Buccaneers' new offensive coordinator. He's good and will be a huge boon to the offense, but I'm a little disappointed they didn't hire Greg Roman or someone more suited to Marcus Mariota's skillset.

Also a little disappointing that he won't stay with the Falcons, since the appeal of Rex Ryan coaching there was a ready-made offense. It doesn't preclude anything, but I do think this makes the Falcons hiring an offensive-minded coach a little more likely, so I'd have to imagine Josh McDaniels becomes the frontrunner.

Isn't Baltimore known for crab and crab-related dishes?

actually yeah I forgot to mention the band made the shirt specifically for Maryland Deathfest, an annual fest in the city. I guess that makes sense then, but not really for an average Broncos fan? I dunno they're a humorous band haha. Crab is dope.

-11.5 is definitely one of the biggest betting lines I've ever seen for a playoff game

Oh yea they are known for blue crabs right? The only thing I want to try from Baltimore is pit beef. I mean weebay confess to like 5 more murders for one pit beef sandwich and a coke.

140129-plane-2.jpg

79973f15b63d60787e7eef1a7f0ebab5.jpg

giphy.gif

Wouldn't even be close to the greatest upset in playoff history.

no it wouldn't but i do think it might be top 20. the bigger upsets i can think just off the top of my head in no particular order(not really going by vegas pointspread so maybe there are more):

1. giants defeating pats in the superbowl
2. pats defeating rams in the superbowl
3. jags beating the broncos in '96 or whenever that was
4. seachickens beating the niners last year
5. giants beating the packers and favre
6. giants beating the packers and erron
7. ravens beating the broncos a couple years back
8. seachickens beating the saints when they were 7-9
9. vikings beating the niners in 87. complete bullshit we were on our way to a championship and anthony carter appears out of someones asshole to have the game of his life
10. jets beating the pats at home a few years back
11. chargers beating the steelers in the afc title game in 94

i dont know i'm probably missing a few. it would be a major upset though!

no it wouldn't but i do think it might be top 20. the bigger upsets i can think just off the top of my head in no particular order(not really going by vegas pointspread so maybe there are more):

9. vikings beating the niners in 87. complete bullshit we were on our way to a championship and anthony carter appears out of someones asshole to have the game of his life

You're not sly buddy.

JCizzle

140129-plane-2.jpg

Clearly David vs Goliath in this matchup. All the $$$ for big planes, designer PEDs, etc. If the Panthers keep it within 3 TD, Cheatin Pete and all Seahawk fans should hold their heads in shame. smh

Clearly David vs Goliath in this matchup. All the $$$ for big planes, designer PEDs, etc. If the Panthers keep it within 3 TD, Cheatin Pete and all Seahawk fans should hold their heads in shame. smh

And if we win by 3TD I demand a 10,000 word essay on why we are the best thing to ever happen to the NFC West! Single spaced, comic sans font size 48, citations needed pls.

JCizzle

And if we win by 3TD I demand a 10,000 word essay on why we are the best thing to ever happen to the NFC West! Single spaced, comic sans font size 48, citations needed pls.

I'm not sure there is enough adderall given to the whole seahawks team over the course of a whole year for me to write something that long!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I commuted in DC for a semester. Wake up, walk three minutes to the metro stop, sleep for 30 minutes. Easy peesy.

That was pretty cool.

Hunter S.

Yeah, all said and done ugly beard Luck has just as big of a chance as Peyton to turn the ball over. No shit talking to be done there. The pass rush comes from a lot of places. Some teams did almost completely stop our pass rush though. Most notably the Bengals. Thankfully they are out thanks to you Colt thugs.

I just look at it as the Colts slightly better offense having to beat the Broncos quite a bit better defense. Most notable thing I can give is the Broncos never lost at home this year.

Vegas has the Broncos up by 7 over you baby horses,

Spinluck

Yeah, all said and done ugly beard Luck has just as big of a chance as Peyton to turn the ball over. No shit talking to be done there. The pass rush comes from a lot of places. Some teams did almost completely stop our pass rush though. Most notably the Bengals. Thankfully they are out thanks to you Colt thugs.

I just look at it as the Colts slightly better offense having to beat the Broncos quite a bit better defense. Most notable thing I can give is the Broncos never lost at home this year.

Vegas has the Broncos up by 7 over you baby horses,

Did really Peyton miss 2 practices?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Giants over bills in the SB was huge. Seems silly to say now but few gave them a chance. Much like denver over GB later in the decade.

Hunter S.

Did really Peyton miss 2 practices?
Yes. But so did all the top receivers. Demeryius and company. The biggest people to wonder about are on the defense to me. Brandon Marshall was at some point the Broncos top tackler and had a major foot sprain weeks ago. Safety T.J. Ward has a neck sprain and would also be a huge loss to not play at all.

I actually have no clue what your biggest injuries are?

Just remembered that Slay is banned. How long is he gone for?
Sources here say he is out until the AFC Championship game.

one_for_my_homies_by_michaeljstraub.jpg

Top Bottom