• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

As long as he gets good protection, its been solid so far this year. Maybe Rodgers should buy his linemen another TV just incase.
That's the thing, his protection would likely be better since they're just trying to keep the pocket clean.

I'm all for him going off like Kurt Warner in the 2009 Playoffs shredding the Cowboys with short passes. :)

Bread

Banned
And I'd get called a bigot for calling out that post or questioning Islam. No need to refrain from pointing out facts in certain threads. Depends on the mode I'm in to debate on a particular day.
yea bro look at all those people being called bigots for calling out his post

Gigglepoo

What if that was flagged, the ball was moved downfield then the flag was taken back without any explanation?

You do realize the Cowboys non-penalty happened with more than 8 minutes left in the game and the Lions up 3, right? The Lions have only themselves to blame for that loss.

Mark Sanchez wins all on road but not home. That's some strange shit.

Mark Sanchez has never played a home playoff game.

eznark

Banned
Worth every penny. Get rid of Bush and just continue to add depth through the draft.

Either way I'm confident we'll have a long term deal done.

For the first time I think ever I actually honestly agree with Kas. They simply cannot afford to lose Suh. You need to pick like a core of 4 guys, pay them real money, they supplement with the draft. Unfortunately franchising Suh means they are basically treating him like two players. I'd adios Megatron without hesitation. The offense was dreadful with him, may as well be dreadful and have a bit more cash in your pocket.

Gigglepoo

For the first time I think ever I actually honestly agree with Kas. They simply cannot afford to lose Suh. You need to pick like a core of 4 guys, pay them real money, they supplement with the draft. Unfortunately franchising Suh means they are basically treating him like two players. I'd adios Megatron without hesitation. The offense was dreadful with him, may as well be dreadful and have a bit more cash in your pocket.

Indeed. If they sign Suh long term, they can take less of a cap hit than the ridiculous $26 million they'd have to pay if they franchise him. Just put lots of bonuses and whatnot in there so you can give him $18M a season, resign Farley at a discount (he better take one!), and build the offense around Pedigrew and Tate.

You can't lose Suh. He's too damn good.

Interesting article about Philbin being an awful leader in the locker room:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...that-days-before-the-game-against-denver.html

There are quotes in that article from players that basically demonstrate what I've been saying, he is incapable of motivating NFL players to be their best. He is a bad leader.

Some of you guys might think this isn't important but I think it will continue to contribute towards the Dolphins underachieving with the talent on their roster.

Bread

Banned
Indeed. If they sign Suh long term, they can take less of a cap hit than the ridiculous $26 million they'd have to pay if they franchise him. Just put lots of bonuses and whatnot in there so you can give him $18M a season, resign Farley at a discount (he better take one!), and build the offense around Pedigrew and Tate.

lmao

WAT

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why would you be called a bigot for calling out a shit post like that in a reasonable manner?

The stuff you got shit for unfortunately wasn't like that.

Not even close. I got into debates about the philosophy of Islam and what it teaches like in the thread with the Austrailian terrorist attack a few weeks ago. When it comes to Islam people somehow misconstrue it as a race not a religion.

Either way this can be continued in OT if need be.

eznark

Banned
Saying you can build an offense around Brandon Pettigrew deserves lol wat at best.

You aren't going to be able to bonus baby Suh because too many teams will just give him straight cash. If you don't franchise tag him you better be prepared to pay him hard and fast and guarantee a huge chunk. Then just deal with it when he shuts it down for 3-5 games a year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Indeed. If they sign Suh long term, they can take less of a cap hit than the ridiculous $26 million they'd have to pay if they franchise him. Just put lots of bonuses and whatnot in there so you can give him $18M a season, resign Farley at a discount (he better take one!), and build the offense around Pettigrew and Tate.

You mean Eric Ebron right?

That pick still bothers me and could go down as Mayhews worst pick ever. We needed him in a bad way to show up late in the season and his impact was minuscule. Hopefully an added offseason with the offensive playbook and overall comfort with the NFL will improve.

Still we could've had Odell or Kelvin Benjamin. Would've certaintly made trading Megatron to say the Patriots a hell of a lot easier.

JABEE

We may laugh at Kas, but Suh is their best player on either side of the ball at this point. I don't know how they could afford to go into the season with the tag on Suh. They would have to work out a real extension. It's going to be expensive.

I would be interested in Megatron if he takes a huge pay cut.

Bread

Banned

That pick still bothers me and could go down as Mayhews worst pick ever. We needed him in a bad way to show up late in the season and his impact was minuscule. Hopefully an added offseason with the offensive playbook and overall comfort with the NFL will improve.

Still we could've had Odell or Kelvin Benjamin. Would've certaintly made trading Megatron to say the Patriots a hell of a lot easier.
Even if he means Ebron...wat? Neither guy had any impact this year, not sure how you can consider building around them at this point.

Dolphins were 31st in pass blocking efficiency, allowing a league high 210 pressures on the QB.

Poor Tannehill. It's amazing he is improving under these circumstances.

We may laugh at Kas, but Suh is their best player on either side of the ball at this point. I don't know how they could afford to go into the season with the tag on Suh. They would have to work out a real extension. It's going to be expensive.

I would be interested in Megatron if he takes a huge pay cut.

I think he was more laughing at him saying to build the offense around Pettigrew.

Can't get rid of Megatron until after the 2016 season iirc. Signing Suh would basically mean we don't win anything for the next couple seasons, waste Megatron's prime, and then cut him in order to get some depth; we'd have no money for depth, could lose Levy, will lose Fairley, etc. Letting Suh go allows us to gain some much needed depth right away and compete right now (ie next two seasons). I just can't cosign tying so much of the cap in three players.

Letting Suh go first also prepares us early for when the time comes to throw Stafford in the bushes. He's not the guy, and we can't get rid of him in the next couple years if we don't accomplish anything.

I keep saying it. Could have traded the pick, traded down for Fuller or Clinton-Dix, and received an extra second round pick. Personally I wouldn't have taken Odell in the first round given the needs we had at the time, nor would I have taken Benjamin. Both are going to be great WRs...but there was WR talent in the 3rd-6th rounds as well.

We've wasted 4 years catering an offense to Stafford and have nothing to show for it. Enough. Yea I wish Odell was on my team but I would have been upset if we used a first round pick on him. Don't need another WR for Stafford to over throw.

Tannehil doesn't strike me as the quickest decision maker.
You clearly didn't watch the Dolphins much this season if you're implying a slow release was the biggest issue. Tannehill got the ball out quickly in Lazor's new offense the majority of the time.

Tannehill's decison making improved drastically this season, actually.

Look, the pass protection was horseshit, especially once Albert went down. Dance around that if you want but it looks like you just want to argue for kicks.

Dragon

Banned
Tannehil doesn't strike me as the quickest decision maker.

I beg to differ. I think he took approximately .005 seconds to decide to fuck his wife.

espn.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can't get rid of Megatron until after the 2016 season iirc. Signing Suh would basically mean we don't win anything for the next couple seasons, waste Megatron's prime, and then cut him in order to get some depth; we'd have no money for depth, could lose Levy, will lose Fairley, etc. Letting Suh go allows us to gain some much needed depth right away and compete right now (ie next two seasons). I just can't cosign tying so much of the cap in three players.

Letting Suh go first also prepares us early for when the time comes to throw Stafford in the bushes. He's not the guy, and we can't get rid of him in the next couple years if we don't accomplish anything.

Suh is irreplaceable. You can put him on any defense in the league and he instantly legitimizes the defense into Top 15 with his presence alone.

Also the fact the guys work ethic and passion for the game is bar none.

Players like Suh don't grow on a tree. Let Fairley walk, or see how we can restructure him.

And as much as it pains me to say this we wasted Megatrons prime when we drafted him in 2007 and he had to play with QBs like Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper until Stafford got fully healthy. Trade him to the Patriots or Colts.

NFL-Age: Guys, look at this dumb post

:kas: SEE I TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT THOSE DAMN MUSLIMS

:jnc Not what I said at all but ok cyd.

Gigglepoo

He's raw, I'm hoping he turns into a nice receiver though. He is so good on my Madden online franchise team so I feel I've got to root for him to succeed.

The Lions offense is good enough if they can keep that defense together. If Suh leaves, say goodbye to relevance.

Top Bottom