• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

NFL Shop got some cheap NFL hoodies on sale for $19.99
http://www.nflshop.com/search/horizontal_text/Category/3088/PriceRange2/$10_to_$20

Aw, hoped a grey Chiefs one would be there, already have a red one, but that price! Have 40 dollars in my fanatics waiting to spend on something.

Really wish there was a Canadian shop... hate paying so much for shipping and duty. blah.

linkboy

I feel like yall are overrating the Hawks here, we could be "taken out" by a number of teams. SF, Saints, Broncos, hell the Rams gave us work last year with their backup QB. Panthers maybe if they haven't regressed like everyone thinks they have. Maybe the Cards if our offense has a really bad game again.

Mostly just the media, whom I think are enamoured with Wilson's good looks.

The Seahawks, as much as it pains me to type this, are the best team in the NFL, but they're not this unbeatable juggernaut that people are blowing them up to be.

eznark

Banned
That $20 mil could've netted them Suh (via trade). He is the most dominant player in the history of organized sports

Packers have nothing to trade. They are literally the most talentless group of worthless fucks to ever step onto a football field. You must not be paying attention.

Maybe Rodgers and 17 first round picks.

Oakland will defeat Seattle.

tumblr_mx3mn7Chg31retk9go1_400.gif

I might be okay with you guys beating us as long as you guys don't pull any thuggish acts and cause injuries to our star players.

15-1 is okay in my book!

It's 25 miles from me currently. If i take the back roads, it's all construction and takes an hour.

If I take the highway, which doubles the miles, it's the same amount of time. I think I'm going to head up there next week, and see how bad it is both ways. I think the highway commute wouldn't be bad until winter time. But it's double my weekly pay, but I'll have to pay for a full tank of gas every week if I take the highway route, and every 1 1/2 weeks if i take the back route.

The funny thing is that my current job is 20 miles each way, and takes ten minutes because it's literally a quick jump onto the highway.
Sounds like highway is the way to go. As long as that's a pretty smooth drive without a lot of traffic (which translates to stress) it probably wouldn't be too bad.

I'm confused, though. How are you going 20 miles in 10 minutes? Driving 120 mph?

zychi

Banned
Sounds like highway is the way to go. As long as that's a pretty smooth drive without a lot of traffic (which translates to stress) it probably wouldn't be too bad.

I'm confused, though. How are you going 20 miles in 10 minutes? Driving 120 mph?
Not actually 20 miles in 10 minutes

It's a clear highway 90% of the way and I do 80-85. It's 17 miles and it takes less than 20 to get there.

Syrinx

Oh shit, being in NYC and knowing people who commute in from CT and what not, I assumed public transportation commute, not actually driving yourself for an hour each way.

That's a little trickier. Public transport I don't mind - get on the train, pop in your headphones, and just listen in peace without worrying about anything.

My dad does this, though he doesn't work in NYC. Still gets the major traffic on the Hutch and Merritt Parkways though. Don't know how he hasn't gone insane yet.

TheFatOne

Just think he was almost gone this past offseason. Hope bounces back to have a productive year.

He looked like his old self in the preseason games. Easley is the man I want to see, and he is playing this Sunday. Have no idea what he is going to be like.

I guess I usually look at hoodies as something I'll wear when I'm mowing the lawn or bumming around in the spring/fall. Not really something I'd spend $90 on. For that price I'll buy a jersey or something else.

I own two. I won a Phillies won as a business award. The Eagles one was purchased as a gift for me by my wife because I wouldn't stop raving about how nice the Phillies one was. They sort of ruined other hoodies for me. They've got a nice tailored cut, they are real thick and warm, and the 100% cotton feeling is incredible. You know that feeling you get where you are sweating under your coat, but freezing out of it? Does not happen with the 100% cotton ones.

Edit: As far as wearing them, if you live in a city and do a lot of walking they are like a necessity in late fall and winter. I actually wear it UNDER my coat. That way if I get too hot I can take the coat off and experience sublime hoodie wearing.

Year three for Tannehill and Philbin. New and improved o-line. Solid defense and offensive weapons.

The fact is if this team misses the playoffs we have the final verdict on a lot of things, starting with Tannehill and Philbin. I've been able to keep up the belief that they might not be complete busts but if they miss the playoffs again I'm not making any more excuses. It's really going to suck if I have to finally admit to myself that Tannehill isn't the solution at QB. :(

HylianTom

Banned
The Onion's preview of the NFC South is pretty damn good..

http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-2014-nfl-preview-nfc-south,36856/#1

Panthers said:
Roster: Offseason departures of receivers Steve Smith, Ted Ginn Jr., Brandon LaFell, and Domenik Hixon pave way for anyone interested in becoming a wide receiver in the NFL

Bucs said:
Fan Experience: Stadium’s famous pirate ship will now fire once for every yard gained by offense

Falcons said:
Weaknesses: Playoff format; Glaring flaws in defense easily identifiable by opponents and anyone who catches 30-second highlights of a Falcons game on ESPN

Saints said:
Weaknesses: Saints lack proper motivation now that they no longer can make a paltry sum of money for ruining an opposing player’s career; Lack of natural disasters in recent years has cut into team’s likability

Coaching Style: Focus on establishing plausible deniability

:jnc

I love that football is back. And just as much, I love that football comedy is back as well..

bionic77

Year three for Tannehill and Philbin. New and improved o-line. Solid defense and offensive weapons.

The fact is if this team misses the playoffs we have the final verdict on a lot of things, starting with Tannehill and Philbin. I've been able to keep up the belief that they might not be complete busts but if they miss the playoffs again I'm not making any more excuses. It's really going to suck if I have to finally admit to myself that Tannehill isn't the solution at QB. :(
The road to the first of the 4 straight division titles for the Dolphins starts Sunday!

I believe in you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom