• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Stunning lack of accountability today from McCarthy.

Your defense got it's poo pushed in and your ILBs looked like D2 backups and not a word on the defense? Okay.

I mean he's not going to say our players are garbage and our coordinator should be sleeping under a mound of dirt but what a bunch of PC nonsense.
Any chance Capers is let go before McCarthy at this point? (obviously it doesn't happen during the season unless the defense utterly collapses).

Have my doubts McCarthy ever gets rid of Capers.

Have my doubts McCarthy ever gets rid of Capers.
He doubled down in the offseason so now the target is on McCarthy's back. I don't personally see him ever getting fired but the blame will be on him not on Capers.

The brain drain has had a big effect on the Packers decent. No Schneider, Mackenzie, Philbin, and Greene on coaching side. Collins, Jennings, Jenkins, and Woodson on player side. The draft and develop philosophy is a good one but the Packers have been doing too well to get the players they need. They would've done better to go 4-12 in 2012 and 2013.

They'll continue to compete and that's more than most teams ask for but I continue to have doubts they'll ever sniff another Super Bowl.

Charles Woodson.

CharlesWoodsonTackle_original.gif

jbug617

Banned
Stunning lack of accountability today from McCarthy.

Your defense got it's poo pushed in and your ILBs looked like D2 backups and not a word on the defense? Okay.

I mean he's not going to say our players are garbage and our coordinator should be sleeping under a mound of dirt but what a bunch of PC nonsense.

Why did they not try Sherman. They basically locked themselves to half of the field.

He doubled down in the offseason so now the target is on McCarthy's back. I don't personally see him ever getting fired but the blame will be on him not on Capers.

The brain drain has had a big effect on the Packers decent. No Schneider, Mackenzie, Philbin, and Greene on coaching side. Collins, Jennings, Jenkins, and Woodson on player side. The draft and develop philosophy is a good one but the Packers have been doing too well to get the players they need. They would've done better to go 4-12 in 2012 and 2013.

They'll continue to compete and that's more than most teams ask for but I continue to have doubts they'll ever sniff another Super Bowl.

Kinda how I feel about the Steelers. The only caveat is that the "ever" is really "with this current core of players." The only other caveat is we're in the AFC and you can go 8-8 and still make a run at a ring.

I say start Jeff Janis every game. Let him learn on the fly.

He has speed, talent, and elusiveness, so naturally he won't play. This organization prefers robotic dependence and mediocrity to actually playing football.

They'll probably still go 11-5 or 10-6 but facts are facts.

Why did they not try Sherman. They basically locked themselves to half of the field.
The funny part about that is McCarthy said "we're not going to play scared" previously only to do exactly that. Backups returned kickoffs and he used his worst WR on Sherman.

Kinda how I feel about the Steelers. The only caveat is that the "ever" is really "with this current core of players." The only other caveat is we're in the AFC and you can go 8-8 and still make a run at a ring.
The draft and develop thing is fine but even if they get 3 stud players the next 3 years Rodgers will be 33. Need to put the chips on the table pretty soon here.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jennings
Nelson
Cobb
Jones
Finley
Driver

Now we have Nelson and Cobb.

Good jab good affert.

And now I'm sad.

Doesn't help that we've whiffed in the draft so much. Happens to other teams too though.

It'd be nice if Sherrod was somewhat serviceable....

For all the praise we give TT, I feel like his drafting hasn't been that spectacular.

LJ11

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24695455/buffalo-tension-boils-over-in-shouting-match-for-marrone-bills-officials

I'd be pissed too if my team drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st, then traded another future 1st for a fragile wide receiver.
Why would you be pissed when you were directly responsible for getting said player drafted? Marrone loves EJ, he hired an inexperienced OC to also be QB coach, and then this year he hired Matt Staffords former QB coach. Marrone's decisions on O have been devastatingly bad, which is why he's pissed as shit. You don't get angry when you have no control, there's nothing to be angry about. When you fuck and make poor choices, that's when you get angry. Angry at yourself, and everyone else who's around you.

Why would you be pissed when you were directly responsible for getting said player drafted? Marrone loves EJ, he hired an inexperienced OC to also be QB coach, and then this year he hired Matt Staffords former QB coach. Marrone's decisions on O have been devastatingly bad, which is why he's pissed as shit. You don't get angry when you have no control, there's nothing to be angry about. When you fuck and make poor choices, that's when you get angry. Angry at yourself, and everyone else who's around you.
Not even a semblance of hope going into week 1. :(

The Bills don't deserve you, LJ, and you don't deserve them!

JABEE

I feel like they didn't really do a good job of getting Cobb into the game. From what I remember he had like two targets, both times he was well covered on a post route and Cobb had to make a one-hand catch to get a reception.

Fox318

can you buy the Bills?

Bowser

I feel like they didn't really do a good job of getting Cobb into the game. From what I remember he had like two targets, both times he was well covered on a post route and Cobb had to make a one-hand catch to get a reception.

Uh, Cobb had 6 receptions on 9 targets and a TD.

LJ11

Not even a semblance of hope going into week 1. :(

The Bills don't deserve you, LJ, and you don't deserve them!

Team has talent, just too many fools running the show.

Marrone's an OL coach, his OL looks like fucking poo! Front office has done a bad job in some areas, namely letting Chad Rinehart go as a cheap G solution, but the last regime, boy did they coach these guys to do what they do best. They were a good OL even though the talent wasn't good on the Right Side, they got the most out of their talent, even with injuries. New coaches haven't done shit, they should just cut Cyrus, dude is garbage. He'll never do shit in this league.

Good thing Seantrel is doing alright, because they would be truly fucked. I'm expecting a 20+ blowout on Sunday. Can't wait to watch our DBs get picked apart as we play 8 yards off the WRs.

Can we all just band together in these last few days before the first Sunday of the season and hope Bills fans are able to have a good season pls

Really, they need it most

Greg

Will Michael Jordan be one of those men?

michael-jordan-go-kart-at-castles-and-coasters-1984.jpg

18j4x5xt6qrn2jpg.jpg
:jnc

bionic would violate so many rules if he saw Jordan there

or what if he showed up and the only cart they had left was a doubles cart... and Tom Brady was the other person without a cart

Greg said:
:jnc

bionic would violate so many rules if he saw Jordan there

or what if he showed up and the only cart they had left was a doubles cart... and Tom Brady was the other person without a cart

Deep Philosophical Question:

Who would bionic rather share a go-kart with? Michael Jordan or Tom Brady?

Trick Question: The answer is Ray Lewis

BwzjbCmCUAAQI34.jpg

This fat motherfucker Tolbert, I swear.

Two days until the first game of the season and this dude chowing down on some donuts smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom