• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What's wrong with pouncey?

A lot.

pouncy-twins.png

manfestival

NFL Shop got some cheap NFL hoodies on sale for $19.99
http://www.nflshop.com/search/horizontal_text/Category/3088/PriceRange2/$10_to_$20

anyone know the quality of these and if they run a size smaller? I may just dip in for a bucs hoodie. It will be nice for when I go watch during the home games this season and I trash talk all the panthers fans that will sit next to me(they come even if its not a bucs vs panthers game)

Year three for Tannehill and Philbin. New and improved o-line. Solid defense and offensive weapons.

The fact is if this team misses the playoffs we have the final verdict on a lot of things, starting with Tannehill and Philbin. I've been able to keep up the belief that they might not be complete busts but if they miss the playoffs again I'm not making any more excuses. It's really going to suck if I have to finally admit to myself that Tannehill isn't the solution at QB. :(

Yeah that's my biggest worry going into Game 1....if Tannehill looks bad it's just going to crush any hopes of him being the one...but we'll see, he did beat the pats once and came close a second time.

linkboy

No charges filed against ray McDonald by DA (yet?). Playin on Sunday suck harbs dick Tim Kawakami you fucking hack. Go work for tmz

Tim Kawakami is that last piece of shit that won't fall into the toilet, no matter how hard you strain, it won't go in (and also shows that you need to eat more fiber).

Him and his ilk (Grant Cohn and his father, Ann Killion, etc) really don't care for the 49ers or Harbaugh and have made it their personal vendetta to trash the team any chance they can get.

They don't, especially Kawakami, do any type of reporting, they just throw their opinion out and act like it's 100% the truth.

BigAT

Sneak peak at the Brandon Jacobs chronicles. Some commentary on the 2008 season:

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos...n-Jacobs/2c7d6733-b730-4f2d-9d27-80ddeaf855c8

*sigh* The days when we had a dominant offensive line.

God, it pains me to hear about the '08 team. I really thought we were going to repeat until Plaxico unloaded one into his stupid leg.

I wouldn't believe him if I didn't have a friend that is DEATHLY afraid of mustard. Like, he can't even get near a sealed container of mustard without freaking out.

All sports related sites need a way to eliminate fantasy based news from their content. I have to dig through ten fantasy articles to get any productive fucking reading done.

Tim Kawakami is that last piece of shit that won't fall into the toilet, no matter how hard you strain, it won't go in (and also shows that you need to eat more fiber).

Him and his ilk (Grant Cohn and his father, Ann Killion, etc) really don't care for the 49ers or Harbaugh and have made it their personal vendetta to trash the team any chance they can get.

They don't, especially Kawakami, do any type of reporting, they just throw their opinion out and act like it's 100% the truth.

Kawakami is indeed a dick. I thought only Raiders fans hated him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No, we're just that good.

And as bad as our secondary appears to be it won't matter if Eli has less than 3 seconds to throw the ball every play.

EDIT: Shitty news about Bulaga.

It's like we watch different teams play. The DL went games without any real pressure on the QB last year.

Good, Wheeler sucks we can let one of the rookies play, forgot his name but he was more active and around the ball then Wheeler was during all preseason

All sports related sites need a way to eliminate fantasy based news from their content. I have to dig through ten fantasy articles to get any productive fucking reading done.

Agreed, yesterday I pulled up like 3 articles ready to read and I realized they were all for FF, :/

God, it pains me to hear about the '08 team. I really thought we were going to repeat until Plaxico unloaded one into his stupid leg.
Same. That team was unquestionably the best we fielded in the Coughlin era despite the two teams that won Super Bowls.

anyone know the quality of these and if they run a size smaller? I may just dip in for a bucs hoodie. It will be nice for when I go watch during the home games this season and I trash talk all the panthers fans that will sit next to me(they come even if its not a bucs vs panthers game)

The only catch is that the Bucs hoodie has grease and BBQ sauce stains on it. Don't ask why.

Seanspeed

Banned
Mostly just the media, whom I think are enamoured with Wilson's good looks.

The Seahawks, as much as it pains me to type this, are the best team in the NFL, but they're not this unbeatable juggernaut that people are blowing them up to be.
Nobody is ever unbeatable in the NFL.

But you're simply being modest here, maybe cuz you don't like the expectations or hate that comes with being such a good team.

Seahaws legit look scary. Their run defense looked strong, their pass rush looked strong and their pass coverage was as good as ever. So one of the best defences of all-time has apparently gotten even better. I've never seen the 85 Bears, so for me, its the best defense I've ever seen, bar none.

And the offense looks just as potent as before. O-line is a somewhat soft point, but Wilson's ability to scramble and throw on the run goes a long way in making up for that. And now with a healthy Harvin, you've got all sorts of play action, running and stretch schemes that its an absolute nightmare to gameplan against on defense.

I think one of the commentators said it best when they said that a team going up against Seattle need to basically be perfect in order to come away with a win. And that just doesn't happy very often, even with a really good team.

Stunning lack of accountability today from McCarthy.

Your defense got it's poo pushed in and your ILBs looked like D2 backups and not a word on the defense? Okay.

I mean he's not going to say our players are garbage and our coordinator should be sleeping under a mound of dirt but what a bunch of PC nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom