• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Long time lurker of the thread, hoping I can get around to posting some. Really stoked to see what the season holds for the Saints, gonna try to get my hands on some tickets later on when I can kinda get the money situated, but cannot wait to watch the game Sunday!

Welcome aboard! You'll be best friends with Cajun!

Anyone here use the vpn game pass solution with any success last season?

It worked for a while last season yeah, but when it got iffy, I just sucked it up and paid for a Sub. It's ungodly expensive in my opinion, but yeah, with the VPN workarounds there is reasonable prices, and I'm glad to not have to worry week to week if it works.

Also, meant to gif this earlier after watching Hard Knocks. I figure the GreenBayGirls.gif needs a friend.

iXnhAekTQpP43.gif

I guess Jags fans can be alright.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All you guys talking about crushing losses in the finals...

What's that like? Being in the finals that is.

I know about the soul crushing losses already.

HylianTom

Banned
They would need this otherwise their road leads to seattle and they aint winning there
Pretty much. We at least have a realistic shot against them at home.

I'm a bit thankful that we don't play them during the regular season, so they don't get a head-to-head tiebreaker over us :jnc

Long time lurker of the thread, hoping I can get around to posting some. Really stoked to see what the season holds for the Saints, gonna try to get my hands on some tickets later on when I can kinda get the money situated, but cannot wait to watch the game Sunday!
Sweet! Welcome!

cajunator

Banned

welcome!

Just something I've been playing around with in my spare time. I made the QuestFor1800 last year. This year I'll make something similar for Cutler, but I figured instead of passing around that team banner image I'll just slap together a database and a site for all that. I'll let you know when I'm closer to done!

i8iF55NrLvFVY.jpg

Hahaha I dig the PSN username. Was just working with regular expressions today to get a SSN validator working for a masked textbox.

cajunator

Banned
All you guys talking about crushing losses in the finals...

What's that like? Being in the finals that is.

I know about the soul crushing losses already.

the super bowl is a really amazing feeling when your team gets there the first time. Id still be excited if they got there again but more because it would mean our team could consistently play on a high enough level to get there a second time but it would feel nearly as special as 09. 09 will always be my favorite Saints season. People talk about a magical season, and that was it. Whatever dues we had to pay in 2012 and the ridicule and shame and suspensions was FUCKING WORTH IT.

rando14

LOOK AT THIS GUY

WINS ONE BET AND NOW HE QUEUES A BUNCH UP

I've already got FMT for the niners game, and hope to also have Godslay!!

I'm taking down all the big names in NFL Gaf!! Mwahahaha

Does that mean I was the villain the whole time!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've already got FMT for the niners game, and hope to also have Godslay!!

I'm taking down all the big names in NFL Gaf!! Mwahahaha

Does that mean I was the villain the whole time!!

You'll never get me biiiiiiiiiittttcccchhhhhh!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just something I've been playing around with in my spare time. I made the QuestFor1800 last year. This year I'll make something similar for Cutler, but I figured instead of passing around that team banner image I'll just slap together a database and a site for all that. I'll let you know when I'm closer to done!

i8iF55NrLvFVY.jpg

Neat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You'll never get me biiiiiiiiiittttcccchhhhhh!

Well yeah because that avatar defines you so it'd be weird to change it.

Plus who would avatar bet a Browns fan? That's just cruel.

yes kas and I have a bet but come on, he was asking for it!

bionic77

Welcome aboard! You'll be best friends with Cajun!

It worked for a while last season yeah, but when it got iffy, I just sucked it up and paid for a Sub. It's ungodly expensive in my opinion, but yeah, with the VPN workarounds there is reasonable prices, and I'm glad to not have to worry week to week if it works.

Also, meant to gif this earlier after watching Hard Knocks. I figure the GreenBayGirls.gif needs a friend.

iXnhAekTQpP43.gif

I guess Jags fans can be alright.
That chick who is shaking those huge fake titis is mesmerizing.

She isn't hot and those tits look like they were done by a hack in some barn in Florida. But something about her is interesting.

Even the college games suck tomorrow.
Remember that talk of the NFL wanting to do Saturday games... or was it Friday, I forget. There was a big discussion about it after Mark Cuban said it would saturate the product. It would just be too much football.

Is there any one of us who wouldn't watch a game today or tomorrow? How about something horrific like the Jags vs the Raiders? 90% of us would watch that.

At the very least they should do Friday and/or Sat games for the first couple weeks of the season because the thirst for football during the early part of the season is unquenchable.

HylianTom

Banned
Remember that talk of the NFL wanting to do Saturday games... or was it Friday, I forget. There was a big discussion about it after Mark Cuban said it would saturate the product. It would just be too much football.

Is there any one of us who wouldn't watch a game today or tomorrow? How about something horrific like the Jags vs the Raiders? 90% of us would watch that.

At the very least they should do Friday and/or Sat games for the first couple weeks of the season because the thirst for football during the early part of the season is unquenchable.

I'd watch a game almost every friggin' night if I could. Even Jags vs Raiders.

cajunator

Banned

I would watch a football game every single day of the week.

Godslay

Banned

I'll add everyone here when it comes closer.

Hahaha I dig the PSN username. Was just working with regular expressions today to get a SSN validator working for a masked textbox.

Yeah someone took Godslay. Then someone took regex, so I had to go with Regexp. They are super handy and powerful, I use them on validators all the time as well.

Right now I just added a few names to test it with. I'll probably add whoever is on the list and then make a form to sign up to be added to your team to automate it a bit. Problem is I'll have to figure out who actually posts so I'm not just adding random crap.

Week 3 bet?

History is on my side, recent history is not. Hmm.

I normally don't avatar bet, but I opened my mouth so I'll do it.

Drop the original bet, and take Week 3 straight up. Standard 1 week avatar bet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Only thing I can think of is that traditionally Friday is high school football, Saturday is college, and Sunday is the pros which added Monday and Thursday. A few college games are played on Tuesday and I don't know what goes on on Wednesdays but I always chalked up the lack of games to Wednesday night church services (I think conservative Christians make up a large portion of the entire football fanbase)

zychi

Banned
If NFL adds another day for games, it will be over saturated. It'll be WWE levels of crap.

I wish we had two days only, but the games are split throughout the two days, not all bunched up at noon.

so have a bunch of games spread out sunday at noon, 3 and 7 cst
and have another day, where its 4 games or so at like 7 pm local time for a few teams.

Saturday games were awesome when they used to do them weeks 16-17. Wouldn't mind seeing that come back.

Only real issue I have with TNF is the short week. If they added an extra bye it'd be no problem...

HylianTom

Banned
Only thing I can think of is that traditionally Friday is high school football, Saturday is college, and Sunday is the pros which added Monday and Thursday. A few college games are played on Tuesday and I don't know what goes on on Wednesdays but I always chalked up the lack of games to Wednesday night church services (I think conservative Christians make up a large portion of the entire football fanbase)

Yup. Logistically, the NFL has already stretched things pretty far.

More Monday night night double-headers would be nice. I always love that first week of MNF where I'm up until almost 1AM watching a live game.

One of my favorite weekends in sports is the wildcard round of the playoffs where you get two epic Saturday playoff games followed by two more on Sunday. That's just unbelievable. I get so hyped for that weekend.

Edit: It's both wildcard and divisional. Two weekends in a row with Saturday & Sunday games. Just incredible.

jakncoke

Banned

They'd have to overturn Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 to legally do that. If they could get it repealed I wouldnt mind maybe a Friday night football here and there, Saturday nah leave that to college football. Regular double MNF would be neat. As for Thursday, ikd about. More times than not the games have been sloppy, mistake driven and even downright boring. Probably due to short week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom