• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I remember when I used to sleep in....those were the days.

Now even on my days off and even if I go to bed at like 4am, I'm lucky to sleep past 8 or 830. What the hell happened?

bionic77

Now even on my days off and even if I go to bed at like 4am, I'm lucky to sleep past 8 or 830. What the hell happened?
I remember in college and grad school there were some Sundays that it was an effort to get up in time for the 1pm games.

Also sleeping 4 hours on a weekend sounds like hell.

cajunator

Banned
I remember in college and grad school there were some Sundays that it was an effort to get up in time for the 1pm games.

sleeping 4 hours sounds just fine!
Sometimes I do that when Im working. go home, sleep immediately around 6 :30 AM, wake up for noon kickoff.

BigAT

I don't know how the hell west coast college guys do 10 AM games. I could see how watching the NFL that early would be appealing now in a weird way, but when I was in college? Fuck that.

Konka

Banned
xShHtet.jpg

bionic77

I don't know how the hell west coast college guys do 10 AM games. I could see how watching the NFL that early would be appealing now in a weird way, but when I was in college? Fuck that.
I would have gotten up for the Steelers, but yeah I agree that would have sucked in college.

I still prefer 1pm games even now. It's just how I was brought up.

Dragon

Banned
I would have slept in this morning but someone from work called because he couldn't login to his webmail. I'm like I am not in IT, I'm in Development, learn the fucking difference and hung up!

bionic77

I would have slept in this morning but someone from work called because he couldn't login to his webmail. I'm like I am not in IT, I'm in Development, learn the fucking difference and hung up!
I don't work with you but I would do this every weekend if we worked together.

Malalaw

Tomorrow needs to get here. I need my full day of football! Even though I will be working I'll still catch the games on the phone.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So weird dream:

In my dream Konka was a woman, a blonde luxurious woman. Konka's thread making was still terrible though.

I take this dream to mean that I would let Konka buy me a diner any day.

And I'm okay with this.

If they air the game here tonight I'll root for your boys! Would be nice to root for the same team for once!

Any special players I need to keep my eyes on?
Nice, that would be cool! They have a new QB who is a transfer from Texas Tech, Michael Brewer. Low level of competition last week but he looked sharp. Really young team this season but they have some talented looking freshmen at WR and RB. WR Hodges looks really good in particular.

VT is a program known mostly for its defense, though. They've been kind of mediocre the past few seasons but hopefully this year they'll get it back on track! Defensive coordinator Bud Foster is one of the best out there, downright scary dude.

Highlights from last week:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5vgdgatc8

A fellow Class of 2010er!

Fuck VT tho, UNC's year in the Coastal. Hope y'all get smashed tonight lol.
:jnc

That's fair enough. Let us unite in our shared hatred for Duke.

You bros have to watch VT vs. OSU tonight. Not saying it will be a good game or anything but I need moral support!

I'll be watching...and rooting for tOSU :(

Nothing personal, I just want as many teams worthy of the 4 team playoff at the end of the season as possible. I live for the anarchy and madness when someone gets jobbed and left out of title contention. It used to be the third team, now its the fifth.

I'm in college, work full time too and I have this issue:

I can't sleep in anymore and I never take naps during the day, it sucks

jakncoke

Banned

Nothing personal, I just want as many teams worthy of the 4 team playoff at the end of the season as possible. I live for the anarchy and madness when someone gets jobbed and left out of title contention. It used to be the third team, now its the fifth.

So you should be rooting for an Ohio St loss ;)

FUCK OHIO ST BURN IN PATRIOT STYLE HELL.

Haha, I understand, man. I don't really expect any love for VT from other ACC schools.

That said, buncha haters in here!

cajunator

Banned
Its said that Falcons-Saints is an underrated and bitter rivalry and thats quite true. Im honestly not confident at all that Saints will win no matter what the current state of either team is. Its almost always close.

squicken

Rooneys stalling drug deal to keep Flash sidelined? Probably

e:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
I don't know what's going to ultimately happen with this drug policy thing, but it would be smart to grab Josh Gordon for your fantasy team.

HylianTom

Banned
Its said that Falcons-Saints is an underrated and bitter rivalry and thats quite true. Im honestly not confident at all that Saints will win no matter what the current state of either team is. Its almost always close.

If either team wins by more than one score, I'd be shocked. My parents are both convinced that we win easily, but I've warned them several times this week to reel-in their expectations.

If we win by just one point, I'll be giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom