• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, would you eat this?

shrimp-435.jpg

I dont eat mantis shrimp but I would try it if somebody cooked it.

Godslay

Banned
what i will say for broncos fans is at least when you lose superbowls you just get blown the fuck out. don't even bother to show up... really pathetic in a way!

when the niners lose a superbowl (singular) it is very heart breaking :(

True. I can look back on those Superbowls and think meh we got our asses kicked, so it doesn't really pain me.

Whereas, if it would have been a close loss that might be a little harder to deal with. Like the one that got away.

True. I can look back on those Superbowls and think meh we got our asses kicked, so it doesn't really pain me.

Whereas, if it would have been a close loss that might be a little harder to deal with. Like the one that got away.

strangely, i am haunted more by NFC championship game losses in my life than the one superbowl loss. roger craigs fumble, dick sherman tip, kyle williams knee, fucking alvin harper, favre.... terrible.

Godslay

Banned
strangely, i am haunted more by NFC championship game losses in my life than the one superbowl loss. roger craigs fumble, dick sherman tip, kyle williams knee, fucking alvin harper, favre.... terrible.

Yeah, I could see that. I guess I don't mind losing, as long as it's not fluky.

Where do you live?

Shit part of Washington state. Here's all I found from our local newspaper site:

MOSES LAKE — An unidentified man has been shot by police officers following a confrontation.

At about 10:50 a.m. this morning police responded to a call at 2709 West Broadway and encountered an unidentified man in a parking in front of Guido's Pizza.

The man posed an immediate threat to the responding officers and was shot, said Kyle Foreman, public information officer for Grant County Sheriff's Office.

The man was immediately transported to Samaritan Hospital, but as his condition worsened was flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

All businesses in the parking lot of the 2700 block of Broadway Avenue, except for the Lep-re-kon Harvest Food, will be closed until responding agencies on site finish their investigation, Foreman said.

The Columbia Basin Investigating Team will be conducting an investigation into the shooting, said Ken Taylor, field operations chief for Grant County Sheriff's Office.

More information on the shooting, including the name of the suspect and the officers involved, will not be released until Monday, Foreman said.

cajunator

Banned

Ive been mostly spared of that. We have either sucked or been good enough to get there and beyond. Though recently has kind of been crappy with the divisional playoff exits.
Defense always seems to blow it right when they need to make a final stand (except that last game where Seattle just outplayed us).

jakncoke

Banned
Only one Super Bowl appearance in franchise history...and it was booted out of bounds :(

At least your franchise is relatively young though and made a SB, compared to say Lions, Browns who never even made a Super Bowl and are old as fuck franchises.

At least your franchise is relatively young though and made a SB, compared to say Lions, Browns who never even made a Super Bowl and are old as fuck franchises.
This. I was so mislead by that 91 season. We did two things that season we haven't done since, won a playoff game and won at Lambeau

cajunator

Banned
I think the Saints can go 12-4 or 13-3 this year.
Theyve gone 13-3 twice recently including the super bowl year and when things werent going quite right they went 11-5 last year. They have the talent and depth to play to that level. They appear at least to be able to run the ball effectively and that will set up the play action that has been missing for a while. The Oline is solid and the Dline is getting heavy pressure consistently without having to blitz every down (like in 09). Brees looks on point and we have some young new weapons on offense and lots of options for Brees to pass the ball to. Secondary looks stout, though it will certainly be tested, even in our division. But paper teams need to show up on the field. It looked promising in preseason but this is go time. Strong test on the road in Atlanta.

Geaux Saints!

Farooq

Banned
Anyone here use the vpn game pass solution with any success last season?

I use a VPN service now to sign in, but I paid for the plan. It worked for yesterday's game. I used a VPN to get a lower subscription price as well. Paying $300 (Canadian.. eh) for Season Plus (wanted the All-22) didn't seem worth it. Using a VPN to subscribe, I saved about a $100.

Hunter S.

Just something I've been playing around with in my spare time. I made the QuestFor1800 last year. This year I'll make something similar for Cutler, but I figured instead of passing around that team banner image I'll just slap together a database and a site for all that. I'll let you know when I'm closer to done!

i8iF55NrLvFVY.jpg

Haha... cool.

I guess people still remember my Thompson suname. lol

My PS and XBox name is PassionOfGandhi. I will be playing Destiny on PS4.

bionic77

I would've thought Harrison would quit the juicing once he retired. It's not good for him.
Shut your filthy mouth.

That's no way to talk about a Steelers legend. I have a lot of love for that man. Too bad he was too stupid to figure out how to play football when he was younger. But I can console myself with the fact that the Ravens could have has him and released him (so did we but fuck Baltimore).

HylianTom

Banned
I think the Saints can go 12-4 or 13-3 this year.
Theyve gone 13-3 twice recently including the super bowl year and when things werent going quite right they went 11-5 last year. They have the talent and depth to play to that level. They appear at least to be able to run the ball effectively and that will set up the play action that has been missing for a while. The Oline is solid and the Dline is getting heavy pressure consistently without having to blitz every down (like in 09). Brees looks on point and we have some young new weapons on offense and lots of options for Brees to pass the ball to. Secondary looks stout, though it will certainly be tested, even in our division. But paper teams need to show up on the field. It looked promising in preseason but this is go time. Strong test on the road in Atlanta.

Geaux Saints!

One of my biggest hopes for this season is that we continue our winning streak at home. A ticket to a Saints game at home is golden - it's the closest thing to being guaranteed that you'll get to see your team win that day, and we've been incredibly spoiled by this over the past few years.

So if forced to guess, I'd say 12-4, winning all of our home games and losing half of our road trips. That'd put us in the running for HFA.

rokkerkory

One of my biggest hopes for this season is that we continue our winning streak at home. A ticket to a Saints game at home is golden - it's the closest thing to being guaranteed that you'll get to see your team win that day, and we've been incredibly spoiled by this over the past few years.

So if forced to guess, I'd say 12-4, winning all of our home games and losing half of our road trips. That'd put us in the running for HFA.

They would need this otherwise their road leads to seattle and they aint winning there

Malalaw

Long time lurker of the thread, hoping I can get around to posting some. Really stoked to see what the season holds for the Saints, gonna try to get my hands on some tickets later on when I can kinda get the money situated, but cannot wait to watch the game Sunday!

jakncoke

Banned
Long time lurker of the thread, hoping I can get around to posting some. Really stoked to see what the season holds for the Saints, gonna try to get my hands on some tickets later on when I can kinda get the money situated, but cannot wait to watch the game Sunday!

Cajun has a new friend to play with SQUEEEE

I wish I could feel that way but 43-8 is gonna bother me for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom