• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Rooneys stalling drug deal to keep Flash sidelined? Probably

e:

We beat them 27-11 when he went 14-237-1td

We beat them 20-7 when he went 7-82-0td

Gordon can get all the stats he wants and gets, doesnt change the out come, Browns are garabge. Rooneys arent scared of him. 21-319-1 td and we still out scored them 47-18. Your manufactured conspiracy theory is clown shoes

Really wish Hulu plus had an option to pay you subscription for the month when you have it instead of automatically taking it out of your card. I'm broke so I'm cut off till next week. Had to watch the new episode of Naruto somewhere else.

ShaneB

So excited for tomorrow.

Will get to the gym later today so I don't feel so bad when I sit on my butt for all day tomorrow. Need to pick up some extra snacks and goodies too I think. Will at least check out some of the College games today too I suppose.

Tomorrow!

o9R3ZwA.png

So excited for tomorrow.

Will get to the gym later today so I don't feel so bad when I sit on my butt for all day tomorrow. Need to pick up some extra snacks and goodies too I think. Will at least check out some of the College games today too I suppose.

Tomorrow!

o9R3ZwA.png
I hear Ohio State vs Virgina Tech will be a battle of the titans at 8pm est.

Tamanon

Banned
I wouldn't put too much faith in the HGH/marijuana stuff changing that quickly. All we've heard from is the NFL on it. It just sounds like normal public pressure of "Hey your favorite players could easily be playing, we just need to get this done!"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is Flash coming back?

NFLPA might push to try to remove the suspensions from players who under this new deal would not have tested positive.

Welker, Gordon being the two who would have been fine under these new rules.

Again though it's nice to hope but I doubt something will happen.

rando14

NFLPA might push to try to remove the suspensions from players who under this new deal would not have tested positive.

Welker, Gordon being the two who would have been fine under these new rules.

Again though it's nice to hope but I doubt something will happen.

VGxrmsf.png

What are the guesses on how bad the Dallas D will be this year?

They had a historically bad year last year and this year they are much ... much worse on D. Could it really be THAT much worse?

Should be a hilarious season to watch.

I got Dallas around 5-11 at the moment.

Clockwork5

So excited for tomorrow.

Tomorrow!

o9R3ZwA.png

I can't wait. Its been too long since I have watched Charles rip it up. It will be fun to see McCluster on his new team too.

I know its optimistic, but I have high hopes for Smith this year as well (if our O-line ever shows up.)

ShaneB

I can't wait. Its been too long since I have watched Charles rip it up. It will be fun to see McCluster on his new team too.

I know its optimistic, but I have high hopes for Smith this year as well (if our O-line ever shows up.)

Worst case scenario is Succop winning the game for the Titans with a last second FG. Would be very wacky.

I have high hopes for Smith too sure, but I've said before with the O-line issues, he's going to get sacked 10 times a game! Facing any team with a scary front 7 will be a mess.

What are the guesses on how bad the Dallas D will be this year?

They had a historically bad year last year and this year they are much ... much worse on D. Could it really be THAT much worse?

Should be a hilarious season to watch.

I got Dallas around 5-11 at the moment.

It will never be bad enough. They could be averaging giving up 50ppg and I'd still want more.

brentech

Wish there was an option for nicknames on ps4, so I could give some of you your Gaf names haha.
Posted the same thing in MaddenGAF thread yesterday. My most desired feature, lol

So many people that I don't remember who they are on my list or if they're in the league and all that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jakncoke is the worst.

Don't you have a ditch to be drunk in while not attending welding school instead of posting pictures of cajun's dinner?

Steelers fans, how's your run D going to be this year?
Depends on the scheme.

Steelers have been experimenting with a 43 look last season and this preseason to keep from getting spread out. Two DEs as DTs, and linebackers as DEs with two linebackers behind with a safety as the third (usually Troy). I'm sure you can see the problem - not enough beef to handle the run.

In base I'm confident they'll be fine but they're insisting on running packs like this. . Guess they don't want to get a NT caught on the field against fast teams.

Red Comet

So it looks like the Eagles game won't air anywhere in PA but Philadelphia tomorrow. What bullshit is that? Thankfully I think DirectTV is doing a free trial of their sunday ticket thing, so I should still be able to watch it.

I thought Cameron Hayward has looked good? I guess needing to bring back an ancient Keisel is not a great sign.

Cam has looked good. Like I said earlier. Not enough Beef.

I think Keisel was brought back specifically to facilitate that 43 look I was talking about earlier. He's still an excellent pass rusher, slap him on the end instead of a linebacker (probably Jarvis, since he's the lighter of the two) and add beef and pass rush at the same time.

Tomlin is trying to rejigger the defense to be more versatile against teams who employ 3 WR and up. Their base has been neutralized by these looks, starting of course with Super Bowl XLV.

Post more you assholes I want to talk about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom