• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

On one hand, I'm glad we got to play early so we got to watch football sooner. But on the other hand, I'm kinda bummed there won't be a Hawks game to watch tomorrow.

RBH

While the Rams continue to list running back Zac Stacy as the starter -- and he probably will be against the Vikings in Week 1 -- general manager Les Snead said on local radio this week that he expects the offense to go with the "hot hand" in a given week at running back. Benny Cunningham started in Stacy's place in the third preseason game against Cleveland and both backs should get opportunities against Minnesota. Plan your fantasy rosters accordingly.
http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/...x_cid=InsiderTwitter_NFLNation_InsiderTrading

Did they ever say anything about reversing wes welkers suspension/changing the PED policy?

Rotoworld said:
A "tentative agreement" over the use of third-party arbitration for appeals of PED and HGH violations that were not caused by a positive test has been reached.

In other words, Roger Goodell would give up the power to unilaterally rule on suspension appeals related to situations like the BALCO or Biogenesis cases. Though this agreement clears one major hurdle in the negotiation process, the two sides still need to hash out how to deal with players charged with but not convicted of DUIs.

Even though obstacles remain, the general feeling is a deal is close, with one source telling Pro Football Talk, "I'm expecting an announcement at any time."

NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith confirmed the union will seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year as part of a potential new deal with the league on performance-enhancing drugs.

"We don't want players to suffer because the union and league couldn't get it done before the league year," Smith said. He's essentially referring to Josh Gordon, who is suspended indefinitely for failed drug tests, and Wes Welker, who is suspended four games for amphetamines.

It's a glimmer of hope for both players, but it's small part of a much larger negotiation with tons of moving parts as the two sides try to revamp the overall policy.

I can't wait until Cleveland sucks this year, and after that I can't wait until Peyton's retired

How would you go about getting Shamarko on the field?

Not sure really, outside of benching Troy. Steelers tried to use him as that 3rd linebacker in the 4-3 and they got simply overwhelmed by numbers against the Eagles.

With Troy on the field his only viable position is in the Nickel - silly to take Shazier or Timmons off for him. Maybe substitute for Williams if you want speedier depth.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can't wait until Cleveland sucks this year, and after that I can't wait until Peyton's retired

Um. Colasante has informed us that if Gordon isn't suspended, the Browns are going 19-0.

e - I don't know either, DK. But if one of the starting safeties goes down, he better be the first guy off the bench.

Talon

Depends on the scheme.

Steelers have been experimenting with a 43 look last season and this preseason to keep from getting spread out. Two DEs as DTs, and linebackers as DEs with two linebackers behind with a safety as the third (usually Troy). I'm sure you can see the problem - not enough beef to handle the run.

In base I'm confident they'll be fine but they're insisting on running packs like this. . Guess they don't want to get a NT caught on the field against fast teams.
...so they'd rather get mowed over in the middle of the line?

I guess LeBeau's time is past.

...so they'd rather get mowed over in the middle of the line?

I guess LeBeau's time is past.

You sound like the posters on the Steelers boards I visit.

As I said, I think that's primarily why Keisel was brought back - versatility against the run.

My hope is all this will be moot if/when they get Big Dan up and running - DL coach Mitchell mentioned when they drafted him that they wanted him to see snaps at DE as well which fits in precisely with this look.

Mindlog

lmao Nebraska.
Poor bastard blew up that great play.
Bw3s7fvIcAAOkX-.jpg
There is no football related pic that will top that in the next two days.

Malalaw

Bah judging by what I am seeing I'm not missing much college wise. Now thr games tonight that is another story. Few potential good'uns.

Fox318

NFLPA might push to try to remove the suspensions from players who under this new deal would not have tested positive.

Welker, Gordon being the two who would have been fine under these new rules.

Again though it's nice to hope but I doubt something will happen.
Blackmon?

Crisco

Banned
What a piece of shit game. So glad I skipped playing this for the last two years

On the contrary, the fact that the game engine was able to handle such an egregious data error in stride is kinda impressive. That's the kind of outlier which would break most code.

Konka

Banned
Guys the best part of an ensuite bathroom is that despite the fact that I am no longer living in a one bedroom apartment I can still shit with the door open.

Bowser

More good news on Cam:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Cam Newton took full reps for the Panthers today with no setbacks. Would seem on target to start against the Bucs

Cam has looked good. Like I said earlier. Not enough Beef.

I think Keisel was brought back specifically to facilitate that 43 look I was talking about earlier. He's still an excellent pass rusher, slap him on the end instead of a linebacker (probably Jarvis, since he's the lighter of the two) and add beef and pass rush at the same time.

Tomlin is trying to rejigger the defense to be more versatile against teams who employ 3 WR and up. Their base has been neutralized by these looks, starting of course with Super Bowl XLV.

Post more you assholes I want to talk about football.
We're hosting Johnny's coming out party tomorrow.

rokkerkory

All these NFL player fuckups lol

Good grief, you are privileged to play the best sport and getting paid millions and you can't keep your nose clean.

Guys the best part of an ensuite bathroom is that despite the fact that I am no longer living in a one bedroom apartment I can still shit with the door open.

Even though I have an ensuite I still shit with the door closed.

Doesn't feel right man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom