• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Shake Shack is opening in Atlanta this month:

Bw3ZFECCEAAud44.jpg

jQlmXDUY4Oi7G.png

the-rock-smiling.gif

JCizzle

Mariotta is getting propped up as a number 1 pick but dude seems slender to me. Like if Kaep or Cam were skinny. Not sure they'd hold up as well if they weren't beefcakes.

I dunno, I think CK is pretty skinny too - at least his legs. Always worries me when he gets hit low.

Mariotta is getting propped up as a number 1 pick but dude seems slender to me. Like if Kaep or Cam were skinny. Not sure they'd hold up as well if they weren't beefcakes.
No doubt he's tall and slender, he supposedly put on weight this year. But he'll be a first round pick. Ppl will probably try and knock him for his frame though

Talon

Cam was always big, but Mariota and Kaep were pretty similar size when you consider Nevada Kaep. Dude got big at the pro level.
If he has a heisman like year this season, he'll go first round no doubt.

He's not an overall #1 pick tho. It'll be a o-line or d-lineman like usual
His mechanics are a little goofy (specifically the way his shoulder is set up) due to what Oregon dictates, but he's got amazing athleticism and a strong arm.

zychi

Banned
Cam was always big, but Mariota and Kaep were pretty similar size when you consider Nevada Kaep. Dude got big at the pro level.

His mechanics are a little goofy (specifically the way his shoulder is set up) due to what Oregon dictates, but he's got amazing athleticism and a strong arm.

JFF never saw a playbook before going first round. NFL teams will work on his mechanics.

e: there will always be an overrated SEC player to go in the top 3. We're just waiting to see who he is.

Talon

Someone will blow their first round pick on Hogan.
I'm not a big Hogan fan. The fact that he's spoon fed the offense still as an upperclassmen isn't a great sign.

I'm a bigger fan of Mannion than Hogan - think he has the arm and vision. Think Jameis is a pretty sure thing in terms of player type - he's Roethlisberger. Mariota is a very exciting prospect for the type of offenses that SF and Seattle have made en vogue - a far superior prospect than Manziel.

Talon

I mean, to be honest, QB assessment varies so much over the course of a season.

Like, right now, I think:
1. Jameis
2. Mariota
3. Mannion

I just haven't watched enough of Hundley to make a solid call on him. The one game I've seen, I was underwhelmed by his arm strength. Seems like people are high on Cooks, but we'll see over the course of this game and the season.

I just haven't watched enough of Hundley to make a solid call on him. The one game I've seen, I was underwhelmed by his arm strength. Seems like people are high on Cooks, but we'll see over the course of this game and the season.
I think people really just like Hundley because of his size/agility, a lot of ppl wanted him last year. But I thought he really just wasn't ready. Need to see what he can do this year, but that first game wasn't anything impressive.

Talon

I think people really just like Hundley because of his size/agility, a lot of ppl wanted him last year. But I thought he really just wasn't ready. Need to see what he can do this year, but that first game wasn't anything impressive.
Just based on the previous two seasons, I think there's a colossal drop-off in immediate impact after Mariota and Winston.

I think the biggest thing about Mariota that people that don't watch Oregon miss is how patient he is in the pocket. He was immediately a more patient pocket passer in his first season than Dixon, Darron Thomas, and short fatty were in their final seasons. Guy just knows how to dodge guys within the pocket.

Alright I'm starting to get pumped that Gordon might play this season.
Hundley's one of those guys that seems like he could develop into something special but so far hasn't given any indicator that he will.
I think this pretty much sums it up.
Just based on the previous two seasons, I think there's a colossal drop-off in immediate impact after Mariota and Winston.

I think the biggest thing about Mariota that people that don't watch Oregon miss is how patient he is in the pocket. He was immediately a more patient pocket passer in his first season than Dixon, Darron Thomas, and short fatty were in their final seasons. Guy just knows how to dodge guys within the pocket.
Haven't seen Hogan play at all really, but Sounds like he hasn't looked like anything special though according to you guys.

Which one of them reads a defense better? That is the one thing that makes most QBs games fall apart in the pros.
I mean this with all the respect in the world, but Winston seems pretty dumb lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
do you have comcast or someone similar for cable internet? some of them broadcast local stations through the coaxial cable unfiltered. might try that?

I've always heard this, but never tried. Turns out it works. In HD too. thanks.

Hunter S.

If Peyton wins tomorrow he becomes the only QB besides Brett Farve to beat all 32 NFL teams in the regular season. He got this rather easily I think.

ShaneB

Aw, doesn't look like Im able to watch the VT/OS game. Phooey. ah well. Guess I'll switch a bit between the games I do have.

Back from the gym, Wings bought for tomorrow, now to be a lazy son of a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom